Emira Car Show

I'm thinking of organising an Emira 'car show'. The thought process started by thinking how I could get to see all the colours in the flesh. With all different wheels and BP etc.
Then I thought everyone who has still yet to lock in would also love this ability.
So I thought I'd gauge interest from all those who are taking delivery in June and July to see how many would be happy to have a group gathering near end of July?
This would be in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. It's a lovely town. Great if your local. But also worth a day/weekend trip here and to Henley-on-Thames if your not.
Would be a fantastic opportunity to see all the different options and meet some of you wonderful helpful people on here.
Ben

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There are a few "early adopters" over on The Lotus Forums who aren't on here with June deliveries and a range of colours. As soon as a date is confirmed I'll publicise it over there 👍
Ditto, I've got a friend who isn't on any of the forums that's got a green, black alcantara and silver wheels example coming in June, so I can see if he can make this meet!

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Oh man! I am going to be in the Heathrow area July 9-10, returning from our trip. If timing worked I would have totally found a way to do a detour out to Marlow to see this spectacle. I'm sure there will be a million photos from it, though, so I'll have something to look forward to when I get home!
I live about 15 mins drive from Heathrow in West London. Should have my Emira by then. If you want, we could meet on 10th morning get a coffee and ride. Let me know.

JPS_67

Reaction score
I'll try to figure out to get there once the date and place is set. Will be with my current ride though.

Attachments

• lotus-elise-111s-178723_02.jpg
    lotus-elise-111s-178723_02.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 32

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I live about 15 mins drive from Heathrow in West London. Should have my Emira by then. If you want, we could meet on 10th morning get a coffee and ride. Let me know.
Wow - thanks, @LotusAmateur ! I'm overwhelmed by the generosity here on this forum! I will definitely let you know as the date approaches!

OP
First Lotus

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So I've been in touch with lotus about my expected delivery date. First deposit late November. I suggested expectations of Q1 2023. They said that would be the EARLIEST.
The also said that test drives available from JUNE.
So I'm assuming things are slipping a little bit. Which isn't exactly unexpected... One of the market leaders (and our stiff competition!) is also struggling with production.
I also emailed them about my plans for the 'emira Car show' and if they would want to send some posters/banners/representative etc. I suggested the July date. Now that is the only email out of 4 I have sent Lotus over the last 6 months which has not been answered.
I'm taking from this that they don't expect there to be enough Emiras about by then to warrant any sort of gathering!
So I think you can delete the show from 24th July and I'll organise something when we know there are a few cars around.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I've been in touch with lotus about my expected delivery date. First deposit late November. I suggested expectations of Q1 2023. They said that would be the EARLIEST.
The also said that test drives available from JUNE.
So I'm assuming things are slipping a little bit. Which isn't exactly unexpected... One of the market leaders (and our stiff competition!) is also struggling with production.
I also emailed them about my plans for the 'emira Car show' and if they would want to send some posters/banners/representative etc. I suggested the July date. Now that is the only email out of 4 I have sent Lotus over the last 6 months which has not been answered.
I'm taking from this that they don't expect there to be enough Emiras about by then to warrant any sort of gathering!
So I think you can delete the show from 24th July and I'll organise something when we know there are a few cars around.
Am sorry you feel you have to cancel the show... :( Was interested to see the dates you mentioned, I paid my first deposit October, so begin to think I may not get to see my car till Q2 2023..... ? :mad: dont think its hard to imagine the car is going to cost more to buy then ?

OP
First Lotus

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Am sorry you feel you have to cancel the show... :( Was interested to see the dates you mentioned, I paid my first deposit October, so begin to think I may not get to see my car till Q2 2023..... ? :mad: dont think its hard to imagine the car is going to cost more to buy then ?
I just think that if all goes well, there is only the June and July deliveries that would be able to attend anyway. With the push back of the dealership cars, I can only imagine the customer cars are also likely to be pushed back. So we may end up havibg a car show of 1 or 2 cars 😬.
Hopefully when things look more confirmed, we can get a date so those who still need to spec things will get chance to see things in the flesh. And the lucky early receivers can come and show off their beautiful cars.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just think that if all goes well, there is only the June and July deliveries that would be able to attend anyway. With the push back of the dealership cars, I can only imagine the customer cars are also likely to be pushed back. So we may end up havibg a car show of 1 or 2 cars 😬.
Hopefully when things look more confirmed, we can get a date so those who still need to spec things will get chance to see things in the flesh. And the lucky early receivers can come and show off their beautiful cars.
Dont see things getting any better, dont understand how you got dates, this is what I got as a reply to my email today..... no dates mentioned

Good afternoon Andy,
Thank you for your email.
As with all customers, we are unable to advise on delivery ETA's until a build slot is allocated. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise when you will be provided with a build slot as we have yet to reach your batch for allocations. Having just finished our latest batch, which only reached 11th of July; there will most likely be several batches before we reach yourself as your initial deposit date was placed quite some time after this date.

Test drives for the FE v6 will start around May time, and we will be advising all customers how to get booked on when available.
If you wish to cancel your order, please confirm back your deposit reference number, this should be included in your confirmation email from when you first placed your order. Our teams require this reference number in order to locate your deposit along with written confirmation in the email requesting the refund and cancellation.

If there is anything further I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.
Kind regards,

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi will let you all make your own minds up. But if Aug are looking 2023..... ??????

Good afternoon Andy,

I completely understand your concerns and do apologise that you have previously been informed of a 2022 delivery for your order. The most up to date information we have is that August deposits will most likely be taking delivery in 2023. I am sorry that you had been advised incorrectly about this, however we can only provide you the information we have available at this time. We are strictly advised not to make any guesses in regards to delivery times until a build slot is allocated, and I'm afraid yours has not been allocated just yet. Please rest assured that we will update you as soon as we have this information ourselves.

I have passed your feedback on to HQ and factory; the communication process is currently being reviewed and we are looking at ways of improving this. We really appreciate your feedback and for you taking the time to express your frustrations to us. Please rest assured that we are listening to this feedback and using this to help make these improvements.

Once again I do apologise for your disappointment. If there is anything else I can help with in the meantime please do not hesitate to let me know.
Kind regards,
LOTUS CUSTOMER CARE

NickEmira

Reaction score
It would be great to see this happen and I would be up for this when it does…expecting June delivery.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Good evening....
So just wondering if this meet is still intended to take place IF people get their cars in July as currently intended.
Is the idea still to have the meet close to heathrow?
let me know as I may try to organize one also, maybe a bit further up north.. depending on interest, but I will let you @First Lotus have 1st crack at the whip :).
I am supposedly for July delivery and would intend to have a meet in August when there really should be quite a few cars around.... We will know over the next 7 days I guess.
lets keep in touch

OP
First Lotus

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Good evening....
So just wondering if this meet is still intended to take place IF people get their cars in July as currently intended.
Is the idea still to have the meet close to heathrow?
let me know as I may try to organize one also, maybe a bit further up north.. depending on interest, but I will let you @First Lotus have 1st crack at the whip :).
I am supposedly for July delivery and would intend to have a meet in August when there really should be quite a few cars around.... We will know over the next 7 days I guess.
lets keep in touch
Hi, I am still planning on doing this event at some point in the summer. But I had planned for July. I just don't think there will be enough cars delivered by then to provide enough of a mix.
I think it will be best to postpone for a month or so.
I've no objection to you going first up North. Anything to help us poor information starved Emira buyers 🤣.
I'd host mine around Marlow, Bucks. This is approximately 30 mins West of Heathrow.
Good luck with your event... Post lots of pictures👍👍👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So we’ll have EmiraFest North and EmiraFest South? Excellent!

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Bring your rulers so everyone can measure their wheel gaps.

Prize for the biggest 🏆

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I am still planning on doing this event at some point in the summer. But I had planned for July. I just don't think there will be enough cars delivered by then to provide enough of a mix.
I think it will be best to postpone for a month or so.
I've no objection to you going first up North. Anything to help us poor information starved Emira buyers 🤣.
I'd host mine around Marlow, Bucks. This is approximately 30 mins West of Heathrow.
Good luck with your event... Post lots of pictures👍👍👍
we will see, we need at least 5 cars to make it worth while and another 10 odd people to be coming along to see them. I dont see that interest so far, as people from the US and outside the UK dont really count, but maybe when people actually get confirmations and count down begins, interest will mount.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would love to come to something but I’ve had long-covid for 8 months and can’t do much until I shift that. Hoping I won’t have to push back delivery of the car which is due in October. This forum has been keeping me entertained so thank you all for that 😁

Reactions: Pav
OP
First Lotus

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I think we can safely say this will be put to bed for a while!
Let's wait and see when cars start getting to customers and make a plan from there.
Apparently they are hoping to be building 10 cars a day so it may take a while before there's enough examples locally to make a 'show' of it!

OP
First Lotus

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are they still planning a second shift from August?
When I spoke to LDA they said there was a big board meeting going on which was discussing that and other manufacturing issues.
He was confident they would catch up. But didn't say when.
I guess if the issue is lack of parts, then no point starting up a second crew just to part build more cars!

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly you don't employ and train people to do nothing they haven't got the parts to build the cars they've had on order for nearly a year now. Sorry but l've heard the ramp up and catch up stuff before what happened to building loads of cars in May and June because it was type approval holding the process up??? And they would deliver more cars in July to catch up? Now it's only possible to build 10 cars a day?

Matt stop lying to us we all know what's going on in the world most people will take the delay but I hate being lied to.