Eletre.... good bad..

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw one a few weeks ago at the factory tour as it drove past the main gate. It was bright yellow , had to say it looked huge and defiantly yellow was too much for its size. Hopefully other colours are kinder.

No SUV looks good in yellow! I love this car by Lotus but in the end it's still just an SUV. For my budget I would only spend this much on a sports car if I had that budget. It's a little out of my range for sports car or SUV. I like the KIA SUV for 55K USD. That's the one we are looking at.

2022-kia-ev6_100786824_h.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
As far as looks go, I think the Kia EV6 GT is quite good. Better than the Eletre IMO. I even like the interior, though I wish they had a hood over the top of that long display to help eliminate glare. If I was in the market for an electric SUV this would be a contender.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
As far as looks go, I think the Kia EV6 GT is quite good. Better than the Eletre IMO. I even like the interior, though I wish they had a hood over the top of that long display to help eliminate glare. If I was in the market for an electric SUV this would be a contender.
If you didnt know it was a KIA, i think it would get more a-claim. I think the back of the lotus is a little similar, which is where the lotus looses some cred, that and the every day profile, like nearly every other EV SUV out there.
A top of the line KIA will go for close to 60k, and the interior still wont compare to the Lotus, but range and performance not toooooo far off, but it will always be a KIA.
I have the IONIC 5 and the worst part for me, is, its still a Hyundai, otherwise I am happy. However, I would still consider changing, although the cross over type next EV model from Lotus may be better looking, will be interesting to see how many orders for the Eletre get cancelled to get the next model.......

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No SUV looks good in yellow! I love this car by Lotus but in the end it's still just an SUV. For my budget I would only spend this much on a sports car if I had that budget. It's a little out of my range for sports car or SUV. I like the KIA SUV for 55K USD. That's the one we are looking at.

View attachment 5871
That is a handsome looking car!

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Honestly I am a bit underwhelmed.

Clearly this was Urus inspired but the Urus is much sharper.

As you can see, both are based on a SUV coupe form but if you take away the porosity and the front facia, the Lotus is almost a bit GENERIC/BLAND.

1655517880536.png

Don't forget the Urus went through multiple versions and well over a decade of fine tuning of the design.

This is the first gen Urus.

1655519000106.png

In terms of the status of a hyper SUV, well, as you can see below, you need the brand to support that.
1655519102261.png

In fairness though, it's way harder to execute a sporty/swoopy SUV than a more boxy one (G-class/XC90/Navigator etc.)

If I was in the market for a people hauler, I might just get an Aviator.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

As you can see, both are based on a SUV coupe form but if you take away the porosity and the front facia, the Lotus is almost a bit GENERIC/BLAND.

View attachment 6581

Don't forget the Urus went through multiple versions and well over a decade of fine tuning of the design.

View attachment 6582

In terms of the status of a hyper SUV, well, as you can see below, you need the brand to support that.
View attachment 6583

In fairness though, it's way harder to execute a sporty/swoopy SUV than a more boxy one (G-class/XC90/Navigator etc.)

I totally agree and that’s why it will be all about price positioning. The Lambo does look more sharp and out there…

Lotus are wanting to appeal to the Chinese buyer first and foremost. Hence, the less edgy but tech laden design brief.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 6581

View attachment 6582

View attachment 6583

Lamborghini Urus presents as a Pep Boys special with all its plasticky additions adorning its overwrought body.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think It will sell like hotcakes to the rich middle class in domestic Chinese market. Iconic British racing brand matched with Chinese manufacturing and EV tech……
Maybe not so much in Europe or the US…..

We All know it’s not a Lotus really, but one must to keep the brand alive and continue making sports cars…..

My choice would be EV6 GT or Ionic 5 N (if it ever comes out…).

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think It will sell like hotcakes to the rich middle class in domestic Chinese market. Iconic British racing brand matched with Chinese manufacturing and EV tech……
Maybe not so much in Europe or the US…..

We All know it’s not a Lotus really, but one must to keep the brand alive and continue making sports cars…..

My choice would be EV6 GT or Ionic 5 N (if it ever comes out…).

Can't be further from the truth though. The Chinese love Porsche, BBA and Toyota. Lotus has very few followers in the central kingdom.

Last edited:

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can't be further from the truth though. The Chinese love Porsche, BBA and Toyota. Lotus has very few followers in the central kingdom.
Let’s see whether Lotus can break into the market…… Hope they do and keep pumping out sports cars

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Eletre seems great.

Performance specs are excellent and go toe to toe with Model X plaid.

The EV specs are actually very solid. Range, and peak charge rate are among the best in the segment. I haven’t seen efficiency numbers but I’d imagine they’re quite good because…

It’s lightweight! Relatively. 4,400 lbs is impressive. That’s ~1,000 lbs less than Model X. Gives me real hope for future models keeping the ethos alive.

I also love the interior. I’m typically a big fan of minimalist but this clearly isn’t that. It’s a little busy if anything but mostly in a good way. I’ve seen Lotus use the term car couture and while it makes me roll my eyes a little you can definitely see that in this interior. The tech ribbon is a fun idea very well implemented. Mostly it looks premium and expensive. I might prefer to remove the leather “pads” above the technology ribbon. I think they’re the thing that makes it just a bit too busy, and they kind of read “mustang” to my eye. But overall, very successful interior.

Styling I know is a bit more controversial but personally I really like it, especially from the rear. It’s emotional, I’m into that.

My only gripes are the alcantara around the cup holders and the folding screen which seems silly when it doesn’t really fold anywhere.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Personally I would like to see less emphasis on the 'sport' aspect, and more on the 'utility' functions. If I want a sports car, I'll buy a sports car. An SUV in my mind is primarily a utility vehicle, with the 'sport' aspect being its ability to be used in areas like mild off-road; camping, fishing and such. However it seems the designers are trying to make it a luxury vehicle now; kind of like a very big sedan, and adding aerodynamics like you would for a sports car. Do people really want to go canyon carving in an SUV? That's the wrong definition of sports for this class of vehicle.

What if instead, they focused on making a really good, useful, utility vehicle with features for taking it camping, fishing, and hauling things around. Doesn't need a fancy expensive interior, or 0-60 times like a ZR1. Make it robust, durable. Instead of fancy luxury features, how about a solar panel option in the roof so it can be charging itself while driving and/or parked? That would greatly extend its usability and range before having to plug in somewhere. Design it around those things without all the fancy and expensive interiors and tech, and get the price down around $50k. If there were an electric SUV like that, I think it would sell quite well.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea how many of these have actually sold? See many adverts for it but none for the emira. I’m thinking there’s less demand than they expected

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Over 1,000 uk deposits when I asked at the reveal , I reckon that as probably slipped by now.