Eletre.... good bad..

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
What do people think? I think its good from the front.... not bad at the back and ordinary side on..... interior is TOP...... boot is small for a 5.x m car, very small....

1653122936800.png
1653122936800.png

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Read today it will weigh around 4,400 lbs. That's impressive. Looks are a little "ehh"

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it will have quite an impressive road presence. It is very clearly inspired by a Lamborghini Urus (dimensions, design) which isn’t a bad thing. The interior is at another level of luxury and has innovative features.

The key to its success will be the drive away price. Given where it’s made, the manufacturing costs should be significantly lower than anything made in Europe. So if they price it right and it drives right and the quality is right then sales should really take off once they start appearing on the roads!

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What do people think? I think its good from the front.... not bad at the back and ordinary side on..... interior is TOP...... boot is small for a 5.x m car, very small....

View attachment 5839.View attachment 5839
The question I would ask is what SUV out there is better looking?

I can't think of one.

Definitely has the best interior.
It's also the first SUV hyper car.

It will also give the family man/woman the best of both worlds whilst taking a leap in to the future of EV's.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I can't think of one.

It will also give the family man/woman the best of both worlds whilst taking a leap in to the future of EV's.
Model X considered an SUV hypercar?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Model X considered an SUV hypercar?
Im not sure is it ? certainly doesn't look like one then again I never seen a good looking Tesla.

Oh apart from the 2 seater that never came out.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I can't think of one.

I think it looks over-styled and unnecessarily busy. The new Range Rover looks miles better and will age better. They declined to mention its drag coefficient which suggests all the talk of porosity and airflow is form at the expense of function - very anti-lotus.

Interior yes - that I’ll agree with. It looks modern and functional without being overly fussy. Best interior I’ve seen in a long time.

As for hyper-suv I’m not sure what defines that category. As mentioned already the model x is quicker.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think it looks over-styled and unnecessarily busy. The new Range Rover looks miles better and will age better. They declined to mention its drag coefficient which suggests all the talk of porosity and airflow is form at the expense of function - very anti-lotus.

Interior yes - that I’ll agree with. It looks modern and functional without being overly fussy. Best interior I’ve seen in a long time.

As for hyper-suv I’m not sure what defines that category. As mentioned already the model x is quicker.
I agree i'm not sure what defines hyper car but that is how it is sold on the YouTube clips I've seen. it's definitely not all about the 0-60mph time.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

The styling is necessary to compete in the "hyper" category. As everyone had mentioned, the Model X isn't considered Hyper, yet it'll out-accelerate all supercars and most hypercars. Handling is another matter, but that's not why people buy SUV's.

It's all part of the marketing machine... think about it: why is a Louis Vuitton bag more expensive than a Coach bag? I bet a Coach bag has the better leather and craftsmanship. Marketing. The car is in that segment because they market it into that segment. It'll be up to the market to decide whether it is or isn't. The lack of engineering info (like drag coefficient) is further proof, IMO. However, as soon as you market it as something that'll handle, has downforce, etc... then any talk about Cd goes out the window. You need some drag to generate downforce. They're trying to use the Porsche (Taycan) playbook to some degree. Compete where their marketing strengths are - and yes I literally mean marketing, because the housewives buying Taycans couldn't extract an ounce of "handles better than a Tesla" during their daily commute. Great way of justifying a good looking car with uncompetitive electronics, range and so on.

Having said all of that.... I have a down payment on an Eletre... :ROFLMAO:

My wife likes it and I want to see what the real-world specs will be. If it competes with the Model X, I'll go through with the purchase. I own a Tesla and although I'm completely in love with the utility, efficiency, daily drivability, features and everything else. It's missing: individuality and customization. Teslas have just become too common and they lost the je ne sais quoi. Of course most people don't care... but I do. So the jury is still out, but I don't mind holding a place in line. Just in case :)

Crown

Reaction score
I saw one a few weeks ago at the factory tour as it drove past the main gate. It was bright yellow , had to say it looked huge and defiantly yellow was too much for its size. Hopefully other colours are kinder.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pulled my deposit on it - can't see the point of it tbh, may be as a exec SUV would be nice. But not as a family car, for that I'd rather go to a prem. German brand and get more reliability and less silliness.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Personally, I think it looks good. Not beautiful from every angle like the Emira (profile is imo the weakest for this one) but it looks fresh. Interior is cool and unique in the segment.

The EV specs are quite good. ~370 miles, 350kw peak charging, only 4400 lbs with a 100+kwh pack? That's all very impressive and should go toe-to-toe with the best EVs in the segment right now.

I think it's a recipe for a winner. If no-name EV companies can come along and steal some market share, there is no reason why Lotus with the help of Geely can't establish themselves as a performance alternative.

People are complaining this isn't on-brand, well how about a lack of storage space? That's very on-brand lol.

I know there's plenty of reason for this community to look at this with skepticism but step back from the sports car pearl clutching and it's actually a compelling product that should find an audience. They don't need CR-V numbers here.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pulled my deposit on it - can't see the point of it tbh, may be as a exec SUV would be nice. But not as a family car, for that I'd rather go to a prem. German brand and get more reliability and less silliness.
Which alternatives, specifically, are you considering instead?

Reliability isn't a concern with electric vehicles, if anything it'll be the same teething problems for all of them. I'm more concerned about other things.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The biggest barrier for me is charging network. The only reason I haven't swapped my Tesla for another EV is the inability to easily do longer trips. I drove ~4200 miles from Florida to Seattle last September in my Model 3P and that experience would've been miserable, if not impossible, in any other EV currently.

We badly need a global charging standard. Tesla is still the only one whose done it right.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A year ago I couldn’t imagine owning a Lotus. Now I can imagine owning two. I’ll wait until I can see one on the flesh but it may replace the Macan in a couple of years time. The interior is stunning
I've had exactly the same thinking for a few weeks now. Always loved testing lotus, since I had a go in the first elise 30 odd years ago, but I never really thought about them as full ownership propositions until now. Cant wait for my FE Emira and having only just swapped my LR D3 for a nearly new Velar I think the timing for an Eletre in a few years might be just perfect. Funniest thing is they look like a mini ferrari and a maxi lambo respectively, but in both case far more useable and affordable. Always tried to buy British, and can now see my cash going this way for the foreseeable.

• Winner
Reactions: DJS

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The biggest barrier for me is charging network. The only reason I haven't swapped my Tesla for another EV is the inability to easily do longer trips. I drove ~4200 miles from Florida to Seattle last September in my Model 3P and that experience would've been miserable, if not impossible, in any other EV currently.

We badly need a global charging standard. Tesla is still the only one whose done it right.
and now, finally tesla is opening up to other cars...we drive to Bulgaria and back each year (3,000 miles round trip), which frankly meant an EV was completely out of the question when we recently swapped our family car...give it a few more years though and the infrastructure will begin to look sufficient, hopefully for us also in Bulgaria itself.