• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Don’t forget to plug in your CarPlay

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My android auto connects wireless automatically within a few seconds

There is a flash uodate for the Infotainment available though, might help?

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My android auto connects wireless automatically within a few seconds

There is a flash uodate for the Infotainment available though, might help?
So frustrating, all my families phones (android) connect wirelessly and seamlessly, my P30 Pro (software version 12) wont?? Also a little strange that the Emira creates its own Wifi network, that requires a password that I dont have...anyone else experienced similar issues....help???!!

Whitey

Reaction score
My Pixel 4a connects by Bluetooth within a few seconds but if I am out for a longer drive and playing music then I have a short usb cable in the arm rest which also works fine and charges the phone

OP
KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The whole system seems a bit flakey for some people.

Contrary to my previous posts in this thread, I’m still only getting an automatic wireless CarPlay connection some of the time. Other times I need to go into the car’s menu and tell it to connect to my phone.

🤷‍♂️

jcyl

Reaction score
Btw sometimes CarPlay freezes if I have a phone call coming in via an app. Once it freeze there is nothing I can do even if I force restart the infotainment system and restarting my iPhone.

System full of bugs.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Contrary to my previous posts in this thread, I’m still only getting an automatic wireless CarPlay connection some of the time. Other times I need to go into the car’s menu and tell it to connect to my phone.

🤷‍♂️
For reference my Toyota Pro ace is very flakey and one cannot listen to anything from my iphone until the connection has been established for several times ie its on off on off and the periods of being off get shorter until the connection holds. Done this with two Iphones. Dealer gives not two shits about it as one would expect.

My Kia Stinger GTS was completely faultless. It connected every time I had no problems with it whatsoever.

The Taycan has a mind of its own from being great most of the time to having a proper wig out and it wont connect at all without a full shutdown of everything and a restart. Unrelated but its also started locking in the charge cable and the removal button has stopped working/lighting up. I emailed the Service manager a week ago and true to form not heard a thing back. If Porsche cant get their shit together no wonder Lotus cant!!!

OP
KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For reference my Toyota Pro ace is very flakey and one cannot listen to anything from my iphone until the connection has been established for several times ie its on off on off and the periods of being off get shorter until the connection holds. Done this with two Iphones. Dealer gives not two shits about it as one would expect.

My Kia Stinger GTS was completely faultless. It connected every time I had no problems with it whatsoever.

The Taycan has a mind of its own from being great most of the time to having a proper wig out and it wont connect at all without a full shutdown of everything and a restart. Unrelated but its also started locking in the charge cable and the removal button has stopped working/lighting up. I emailed the Service manager a week ago and true to form not heard a thing back. If Porsche cant get their shit together no wonder Lotus cant!!!
I feel your Porker pain.

Mrs KJD has a Macan GTS and the dealership experience is never less than hateful.

Peeltone

Reaction score

🤷‍♂️
I’ve only found this since I added the mrs phone to car play she absolutely loves the car “this is much better than the R8” so I figured I should set up her phone. So when I go in I need to pick the phone to connect as far as I can tell.