❔ QUESTION Does it rev match?

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey
Possibly dumb question:

Does this car have rev matching?
Personally I’m not the best with rev matching but the emira pedals are so well placed that it’s so much easier IMO (I’m size 41.5 (EU), 10.5 (US) in shoes).
The pedals are quite small so it will likely be a different experience to a lot of people.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Came back to add, I did drive my cousin's Camaro 1LE that had rev match and it was very entertaining. Made me feel like a skilled manual driver and downshifts were of course a lot of fun coming to a stop. Modern electronic throttle control makes manual rev matching harder to do since there is a significant delay and remap of throttle input to the actual butterfly valve position.

How is the throttle response in the Emira?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Came back to add, I did drive my cousin's Camaro 1LE that had rev match and it was very entertaining. Made me feel like a skilled manual driver and downshifts were of course a lot of fun coming to a stop. Modern electronic throttle control makes manual rev matching harder to do since there is a significant delay and remap of throttle input to the actual butterfly valve position.

How is the throttle response in the Emira?
It was fine and a no brake downshift was a no brainer. But it still took me about 15 minutes to get consistent with heel and toeing on my 2nd test drive. I think it was mostly because of the brake. Under light braking I couldn't quite get it right. So I started braking a moment later and little harder and the heel and toe worked great.

I figure that a good hour or so in the car will make it perfect.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Enthusiasts love to look down their nose at rev-matching, but as long you have the ability to toggle it on/off I see no negative to having the feature. For me heel-toe is more fun on the street, but I usually prefer rev matching on the track because it's perfect every time and allows me to focus on more important things, plus it limits clutch wear. No matter how skilled of a driver you think you are, you will have a misplaced shift or poor heel-toe at some point, and it only takes one to cause permanent damage when pushing hard on a circuit.