Diaries of the first Lotus Emira picked up from Hethel - V6 FE - yellow / ice / silver / sport

OP
S

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I know a lot of you are frustrated if you were expecting yours already etc, but they are coming, the factory is working and the facility is amazing. It's worth the wait honestly.

First up - social media. I've posted a few pics in this thread, and I'll keep it updated in due course. But instagram is where I've spammed various pics (stories for example, videos of using the car and what not). So if you have instagram and want to see Emira content, feel free to give me a follow:

www.instagram.com/shaank247 is my main account
www.instagram.com/yellowemira I made for the car and I'll try to use it more often

When I get time tomorrow I'll write up my full collection review, first car thoughts, and it should be run in by then too (it was 500 miles home, so 800 miles is easily come by!)

Cheers all, and health to drive :)

I'll also leave tonight with a fitting proverb......
...... good things come to those who wait.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind comments guys! I know a lot of you are frustrated if you were expecting yours already etc, but they are coming, the factory is working and the facility is amazing. It's worth the wait honestly.

First up - social media. I've posted a few pics in this thread, and I'll keep it updated in due course. But instagram is where I've spammed various pics (stories for example, videos of using the car and what not). So if you have instagram and want to see Emira content, feel free to give me a follow:

www.instagram.com/shaank247 is my main account
www.instagram.com/yellowemira I made for the car and I'll try to use it more often

When I get time tomorrow I'll write up my full collection review, first car thoughts, and it should be run in by then too (it was 500 miles home, so 800 miles is easily come by!)

Cheers all, and health to drive :)

I'll also leave tonight with a fitting proverb......
...... good things come to those who wait.
Shaan, thanks for this and will take a look on your Instagram! I’m a 14/7/21 deposit and have a June 23 build but happy to wait it out. (Went with auto in the end)
Having seen and sat in one at the HAC Concours in June it is a very special car.
Cheers

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks lovely, and good to see that Lotus made an effort. (y)

Hethel Yellow here too, and lower backpack only...

OP
S

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UPDATE............

So I'm 650 miles ish into the car now. So some thoughts on that tomorrow!!!
Hethel collection feedback first:

Arriving at Hethel

4am start to fly down from Edinburgh to Stansted, hire car (Hertz, avoid, terrible), 1.5 hr drive to Hethel (cheers Kev). We pull up the security / reception at the gate and go in. The security guard knew my name already, and congratulated me and shook my hand for coming to collect an Emira and how happy they all were. It felt good to be honest! Better than being told to get lost :)

Pulled the hire car into the compound and round the back of a large building / old hanger. There were Emiras everywhere in various states of testing, one flying round the test track, two trucks full of them off to BCA for PDI. It was pretty amazing when you consider I'd never seen one by this point, the demo car only just having arrived at my local dealership days prior, so the only one I'd seen was the Seneca Blue prototype with the golf kart engine in the back that did the rounds in Oct/Nov 2021.

Scott Walker jumped in the back of the dodgy hire car (hi Scott if your reading this!) and instantly hit us with his energy and passion for the brand, giving us some great history of the place as we drove to the next building and ditched the hire car. Into the factory building, through the canteen and brand new lotus merchandise shop, into the new handover area. Several classic lotus's are lined up here, looking amazing, and sat there a shadow grey production spec Emira. Then two cars with Lotus car covers on them, the one nearest the door is mine, but I can't get my hands on it yet (the other is nimbus grey with silver wheels.... Harry's perhaps? ;) )

A good chat, and told that I'm actually the first customer to get a Hethel collection and it's all quite a big deal for everyone, which was cool / excited to hear I'll be honest, and then onto the factory tour, which is absolutely amazing. I can't explain how good it was, informative, and just so good to see the process and detail that goes into the build. Seeing everything in action, the parts etc there just made me appreciate the car even more. Basically - do a factory tour if you get a chance! And hopefully it's Scott that you get as he is like the oracle of knowledge on lotus.

The car reveal.
With the PR team, Scott and Matt Windle now there, it was time to reveal the car. So then pics and videos of my taking the cover off, being stunned by how awesome the car looked, and then having a good look around it, followed by pics of myself with Scott and Matt with the car and about an hour of chatting about the process, feedback, the car and the journey. Scott then talked through the car and went through a comprehensive handover process, then handed over a special gift which I don't want to ruin for anyone else picking up a car from Hethel, so I'll keep that a secret I think. But it's cool. I had a gift card given to me also to buy some goodies from the shop :)

Finally we got the car outside for a bunch more pics and videos, and met a couple of staff members as they were finishing their shifts that asked to get some pics too, everyone was so friendly and genuinely happy to see a customer with a car they had built. It felt great!

Shattered and over excited, I got in the car to drive it and stalled it immediately in front of everyone like a complete noob.

And moving on. A few more pics in different areas and away back to Stansted to return the hire car (thanks again Kev, that must have sucked staring at the Emira while driving the shed of death) and a 450 mile drive home from there! The attention the car got even at the local Tesco to buy some red bull was just amazing, people stopping to ask about, going out of their way to come over, asking to take pictures etc.

Next post.... all about the car, the driving experience, the tech, the inside and as it approaches it's run-in miles, how I feel about it! bed time now though :) If you read all this thanks!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
UPDATE............

Arriving at Hethel

4am start to fly down from Edinburgh to Stansted, hire car (Hertz, avoid, terrible), 1.5 hr drive to Hethel (cheers Kev). We pull up the security / reception at the gate and go in. The security guard knew my name already, and congratulated me and shook my hand for coming to collect an Emira and how happy they all were. It felt good to be honest! Better than being told to get lost :)

Pulled the hire car into the compound and round the back of a large building / old hanger. There were Emiras everywhere in various states of testing, one flying round the test track, two trucks full of them off to BCA for PDI. It was pretty amazing when you consider I'd never seen one by this point, the demo car only just having arrived at my local dealership days prior, so the only one I'd seen was the Seneca Blue prototype with the golf kart engine in the back that did the rounds in Oct/Nov 2021.

Scott Walker jumped in the back of the dodgy hire car (hi Scott if your reading this!) and instantly hit us with his energy and passion for the brand, giving us some great history of the place as we drove to the next building and ditched the hire car. Into the factory building, through the canteen and brand new lotus merchandise shop, into the new handover area. Several classic lotus's are lined up here, looking amazing, and sat there a shadow grey production spec Emira. Then two cars with Lotus car covers on them, the one nearest the door is mine, but I can't get my hands on it yet (the other is nimbus grey with silver wheels.... Harry's perhaps? ;) )

A good chat, and told that I'm actually the first customer to get a Hethel collection and it's all quite a big deal for everyone, which was cool / excited to hear I'll be honest, and then onto the factory tour, which is absolutely amazing. I can't explain how good it was, informative, and just so good to see the process and detail that goes into the build. Seeing everything in action, the parts etc there just made me appreciate the car even more. Basically - do a factory tour if you get a chance! And hopefully it's Scott that you get as he is like the oracle of knowledge on lotus.

The car reveal.
With the PR team, Scott and Matt Windle now there, it was time to reveal the car. So then pics and videos of my taking the cover off, being stunned by how awesome the car looked, and then having a good look around it, followed by pics of myself with Scott and Matt with the car and about an hour of chatting about the process, feedback, the car and the journey. Scott then talked through the car and went through a comprehensive handover process, then handed over a special gift which I don't want to ruin for anyone else picking up a car from Hethel, so I'll keep that a secret I think. But it's cool. I had a gift card given to me also to buy some goodies from the shop :)

Finally we got the car outside for a bunch more pics and videos, and met a couple of staff members as they were finishing their shifts that asked to get some pics too, everyone was so friendly and genuinely happy to see a customer with a car they had built. It felt great!

Shattered and over excited, I got in the car to drive it and stalled it immediately in front of everyone like a complete noob.

And moving on. A few more pics in different areas and away back to Stansted to return the hire car (thanks again Kev, that must have sucked staring at the Emira while driving the shed of death) and a 450 mile drive home from there! The attention the car got even at the local Tesco to buy some red bull was just amazing, people stopping to ask about, going out of their way to come over, asking to take pictures etc.

Next post.... all about the car, the driving experience, the tech, the inside and as it approaches it's run-in miles, how I feel about it! bed time now though :) If you read all this thanks!
Amazing, thank you for taking the time to share 🙂

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
then handed over a special gift which I don't want to ruin for anyone else picking up a car from Hethel
I was shown the gift. Lovely touch and people will be delighted. I was told not to mention it too. Only a matter of time before it is public knowledge, if it hasn't been already.
I believe it is ONLY for pick-up. Hope not.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
UPDATE............

Arriving at Hethel

The car reveal.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, it sounds excellent. Scott is a hero, Lotus runs through his veins and he has been responsible for setting up the Hethel collection experience. The factory is amazing to see and the tour gives a great insight into how the cars are built. It's even more fascinating if you saw how they used to build the older cars in the previous setup!

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats on the new car, and nice to hear about the collection process. Will be interesting to see how it evolves as it becomes more routine for them.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Some say... he has petrol for blood, has Lotus bedsheets and pillow, and has the Lotus emblem tattooed on his chest.

All we know is he is called ... Scott Walker!

forthedrivers_helmet_grande.jpg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was shown the gift. Lovely touch and people will be delighted. I was told not to mention it too. Only a matter of time before it is public knowledge, if it hasn't been already.
I believe it is ONLY for pick-up. Hope not.
Is it not the key box and plastic model then?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Some say... he has petrol for blood, has Lotus bedsheets and pillow, and has the Lotus emblem tattooed on his chest.

All we know is he is called ... Scott Walker!

View attachment 10804
Scott needs cloning.
I would have walked almost a year ago if it wasn't for Scott. I bet there are dozens more deposits he has saved as well over the past 12 months.
Lotus seriously need to look at what he and their other awesome customer facing folk do and translate that into their general comms

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Scott needs cloning.
I would have walked almost a year ago if it wasn't for Scott. I bet there are dozens more deposits he has saved as well over the past 12 months.
Lotus seriously need to look at what he and their other awesome customer facing folk do and translate that into their general comms
Think Scott”s a great ambassador for Lotus, he arranged a factory tour for me when my Evora400 was getting built in 2017. Such a knowledgeable and personnel guy. So helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. LCC really need to take some advice from him on how to deal with customers. Years of Lotus selling pays off.