Dealer mark ups

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Due to chip shortages, dealers are taking full advantage of dealer mark ups. Wondering if this will be the case for the Emira? 🤔

Possibly. I would suggest asking the dealership to provide you in writing that they will not add any "market adjustment" mark-ups. When I placed the order, I asked about this in an email and the sales manager was very clear that they will not. I have never dealt with them before, but I expect them to keep their word. They better...

As far as I was aware, the dealers are simply handing over the keys and offering extras like paint protection etc. Fully expect all those who commit another 3k to a v6 before Nov 5th to have the stated price honoured. In fact, anyone who has already placed a 2k interest deposit should have the price honoured, expect lotus to rattle through the i4FE list before the end of December so as to keep all depositors happy on this front. 1st of Jan is date moat dealers like to add a bit to the price due to inflation etc.

@Stormcloud This is primarily a US thing.

I know many of the US Lotus dealers have confirmed they won’t mark up above MRSP. And they’re prepared to sign a sales contract or deposit agreement on that basis.

Ask your dealer and if they won’t agree it in writing then shop around, because many dealers will.

Edit: and destination charges, local taxes and registration should all be fixed too.

As far as I was aware, the dealers are simply handing over the keys and offering extras like paint protection etc. Fully expect all those who commit another 3k to a v6 before Nov 5th to have the stated price honoured. In fact, anyone who has already placed a 2k interest deposit should have the price honoured, expect lotus to rattle through the i4FE list before the end of December so as to keep all depositors happy on this front. 1st of Jan is date moat dealers like to add a bit to the price due to inflation etc.
When I spoke to Lotus Bradford they said Lotus HQ were taking / dealing with the orders, specification and the money directly and the dealership was being paid a fee direct from Lotus for taking delivery of the car and doing the handover with the customer.