Mark's McCann LOTUS EMIRA INSANE Transformation! + Reaction

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

CT Carbon is back with another YouTube video featuring Mark McCann's Lotus Emira. Watch as they transform it with a full CT Design carbon fiber kit and catch Mark's reaction! Plus, lowering the car for that extra wow factor.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The effects are a bit conservative, but I saw this kit on a dark verdant car along with some yellow highlights and it looked a lot better. I think the reason is that on the lighter colored cars, the black bits kind of fade away and are not generally noticed, which gives the car a slim silhouette. But when the CT carbon kit is added, it calls attention to itself, and the effect is not as good as on darker cars where it accentuates what's already there.

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Get ready for something special! We're back with another YouTube video featuring Mark McCann's Lotus Emira. Watch as we transform it with our full CT Design carbon fiber kit and catch Mark's reaction! Plus, we'll be lowering the car for that extra wow factor.
I'm not following here. @Dragoon are you affiliated with this shop?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh I see, you copy/pasted the description. FYI makes it sound like you are the one saying the text, possibly not what you intended.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The effects are a bit conservative, but I saw this kit on a dark verdant car along with some yellow highlights and it looked a lot better. I think the reason is that on the lighter colored cars, the black bits kind of fade away and are not generally noticed, which gives the car a slim silhouette. But when the CT carbon kit is added, it calls attention to itself, and the effect is not as good as on darker cars where it accentuates what's already there.

Good observations here. I definitely don’t like this kit on the Seneca. It looks a bit better on the Verdant…

I might have been interested in this 25 years ago during the Fast and Furious days.

The lowering sleeves look spot on though. The car height actually looks like the Emira in all the marketing materials. Great job there @GRP

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Oh I see, you copy/pasted the description. FYI makes it sound like you are the one saying the text, possibly not what you intended.
Correct, a copy and paste of the description to add context to the video. I will edit it up a bit so it doesn't sound as if I'm associated with the video.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think those kits work on performance saloon cars like the M3 because they make it stand out from the crowd. However, when you're starting with a bespoke sports car shape I don't think it's necessary. Lotus did such a good job that pretty much everything I've seen aftermarket seems to detract from the original pure design.

Reminds me of this guy who suggested how the Emira design could be improved but to my eyes, it was all a value subtract...

Having said all that, I wouldn't say no to a carbon engine cover :ROFLMAO:

driv300mph

Reaction score
I think those kits work on performance saloon cars like the M3 because they make it stand out from the crowd. However, when you're starting with a bespoke sports car shape I don't think it's necessary. Lotus did such a good job that pretty much everything I've seen aftermarket seems to detract from the original pure design.

Reminds me of this guy who suggested how the Emira design could be improved but to my eyes, it was all a value subtract...

Having said all that, I wouldn't say no to a carbon engine cover :ROFLMAO:

Totally agree. I don't think I liked a single change he made, except for replacement of the Emira badge

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like the rear diffuser but thats about it.

How about carbon replacement panels? Now that would be interesting. I'm more interested in taking weight out rather than adding more in.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Only my opinion - but screams chav to me.

Apologies to any who's got the kit - but no thank-you.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Personally I think it looks like crap. They've taken the Emira's elegant design and added a bunch of cheap-looking aero parts that make it look vulgar.

Not every car benefits from adding stuff to it.
All say aye....