• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Alcantara vs. Texas Heat

groundshark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What are your thoughts on the Alcantara interior options for a daily driver? I've always just had "plain" leather interior / steering wheel, and I'm concerned that while it may look nice initially, it won't be the best option for a daily driver.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What are your thoughts on the Alcantara interior options for a daily driver? I've always just had "plain" leather interior / steering wheel, and I'm concerned that while it may look nice initially, it won't be the best option for a daily driver.
No issues whatsoever in a (non-garaged) Acura TLX between the record cold and triple digit heat (which can turn leather into a cooktop). Just a seat-of-the-pants opinion.