• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anything mentioned regarding Launch Control ?

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there anything mentioned from
LOTUS about a programmed Launch Control setting for the manual or DCT ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was mentioned as being part of the optional Drivers Pack for the DCT in one of the Lotus press releases.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just had confirmation it is available on the V6 auto and i4 DCT but not the V6 manual.

It’s available in driving modes Sport, Track and ESC Off but not in Tour. Track mode is only available if you have the Drivers Pack, which is standard on the First Editions.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had confirmation it is available on the V6 auto and i4 DCT but not the V6 manual.

It’s available in driving modes Sport, Track and ESC Off but not in Tour. Track mode is only available if you have the Drivers Pack, which is standard on the First Editions.
Tom - is that even with the touring suspension ? And do we know what 'track mode' means ? :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. Driving mode and suspension type are separate things. The 4 driving modes (3 if you don't have Drivers Pack) are on all cars. It's only Launch Control that's not available on the V6 manual.

Track is like "Race" on the V6 Exige. It learns the surface grip and varies the torque to minimise oversteer and maximise traction, particularly useful when you floor it from the apex of a corner.

I've got some more details on the driving modes (Lotus Dynamic Performance Management or DPM) including explanations on what they do and how they work. I'll do a post on it over the weekend. If you're familiar with DPM modes on the later Evoras and V6 Exige then it's very similar.

As well as the traction and stability control, the max revs and exhaust valve opening is also set by the driving mode.

There is a hidden "all off" mode too 😨

Last edited:

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Cool. So if I order a V6 auto or I4 DCT with touring suspension, I will have launch control available if I choose the sport driving mode…is that right?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Cool. So if I order a V6 auto or I4 DCT with touring suspension, I will have launch control available if I choose the sport driving mode…is that right?
Yes. And in “all off” mode. And in Track mode if you order Drivers Pack or get a First Edition (which has Drivers Pack included).