Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Makes total sense, who in their right mind chooses to drive on the wrong side!

https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopene...ing-while-others-have-right-side-driving.html

“In earlier times, the nobility and people with higher status in society would travel on the left side of the road, while the commoners, like the peasants, would travel on the right. During the revolution, the nobility began traveling on the right side so they wouldn’t be singled out and killed…”

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopene...ing-while-others-have-right-side-driving.html

“In earlier times, the nobility and people with higher status in society would travel on the left side of the road, while the commoners, like the peasants, would travel on the right. During the revolution, the nobility began traveling on the right side so they wouldn’t be singled out and killed…”
Well the revolution is over! Return to the left side you noble folks. Or revolt against the high energy prices and stay on the right.

Here in CA, a revolution around EVs will start soon. First, we are told that from 2035 we can only buy EVs when considering new cars. And today our transmission system operator asks that we don't charge our EVs to prevent the grid from collapsing. Go figure

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well the revolution is over! Return to the left side you noble folks. Or revolt against the high energy prices and stay on the right.

Here in CA, a revolution around EVs will start soon. First, we are told that from 2035 we can only buy EVs when considering new cars. And today our transmission system operator asks that we don't charge our EVs to prevent the grid from collapsing. Go figure
Gas(p)! Electrifying news, on both counts.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, are these dealer demo cars the "final, final, FINAL" production versions of the car? I.e.: not simply more of those "90–95% production versions" given out to car magazines earlier this year?

Meaning, when I look at all of these photos over the coming days, will I be looking at the final
  • Ride height
  • Bonnet seal
  • Etc.?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
and the worst thing is, I will have to take everything back I said to our NL friend.. haha....
I have a toe in both bodies of water, LHD and RHD, so apart from being a little vocal on here I cant loose, but in terms of deliveries, even within the EU I would expect Lotus to go after their larger markets first, which I am guessing would be Germany, even with it being the home of Porsche...just in terms of sheer population and then car culture. I doubt Spain will be amongst the first few and certainly our Spanish dealer knows nothing, just the same as the UK dealers..
Maybe its a case of who shouts the loudest, and those Belgians are famous for..........

sprouts?

ahhh chocolate.....

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So, are these dealer demo cars the "final, final, FINAL" production versions of the car? I.e.: not simply more of those "90–95% production versions" given out to car magazines earlier this year?

Meaning, when I look at all of these photos over the coming days, will I be looking at the final
  • Ride height
  • Bonnet seal
  • Etc.?
I believe the first that will make the rounds at dealers in the United States for test drives will be the several that are supposed to be at LOG 41 next week. Those cars are euro-spec.

Last edited:

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's p**s poor, we are seriously thinking of shifting ours on after 3 months or not bithering at all and buying a used approved Aston Martin Vantage with the AMG V8

I’ve been thinking about the Aston too. Although the console buttons are a design disaster and I’m not a fan of autos… manuals still over 100k

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve been thinking about the Aston too. Although the console buttons are a design disaster and I’m not a fan of autos… manuals still over 100k
Yeah i know what you are saying, the old MB infotainment system is also a let down but once you are on the move you are quick to forget all of those short comings as the powertrain and driving experience is pretty phenomenal.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus Antwerp are live streaming the arrival of their demo cars now. On Instagram "lotusantwerp.be", guess it might be on FB too.

Rollie

Reaction score
and the worst thing is, I will have to take everything back I said to our NL friend.. haha....
I have a toe in both bodies of water, LHD and RHD, so apart from being a little vocal on here I cant loose, but in terms of deliveries, even within the EU I would expect Lotus to go after their larger markets first, which I am guessing would be Germany, even with it being the home of Porsche...just in terms of sheer population and then car culture. I doubt Spain will be amongst the first few and certainly our Spanish dealer knows nothing, just the same as the UK dealers..
Maybe its a case of who shouts the loudest, and those Belgians are famous for..........

sprouts?

ahhh chocolate.....
And Spa- Francorchamps!😇

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh, the irony of the ontime-auto brand (who I'm sure are very good...!) ;)
Now we moved to a new stage:

If "On Time" equals to five months delay.
Does "soon" mean cars we be delivered somewhere in the future out of order on time?
Just In Time model is going through a tough time, but will soon be rescheduled on time.
I'm personally throwing my watch, cannot trust time anymore

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice to see the calipers matching the yellow Lotus badges.
Is it my imagination or can I not see the bonnet strip anymore?