DARK VERDANT!?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As mentioned by many on this thread, five of the six launch (FE) colours have been seen multiple times in photographs and in the flesh - all except Dark Verdant. The explanation from Lotus that DV does not photo well so no official photos, or even DV cars for press reviews or public shows, is not very convincing. If DV is such a difficult colour to photograph why was it selected as a launch colour? We know Lotus are making DV cars from comments by those attending Hethel factory tours. All we have seen of DV so far has been edited views on the lotus driving experience site, shots from the Lotus NYO dealership and an appearance at the end of the TopGear review. I think all of these were I4 engine cars. Could it be Dark Verdant is being held back for use as the poster child for the I4 launch, in the same way that Seneca Blue was the poster child for the V6 launch?
Well, i was at Silverstone in November and sat in the Seneca Blue car. I can say it was a none working mock up of the AMG engined car with batteries in the boot. This was to get it on and off the trailer to go between dealers. The same car as used on the 6th July Hethel launch.

Iscarider

Reaction score
How many on here have specced Tan interior ? I have gone for the Ice Grey, but but now thinking Tan would be a better choice with Dark Verdant.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great share - thankyou!
How many on here have specced Tan interior ? I have gone for the Ice Grey, but but now thinking Tan would be a better choice with Dark Verdant.
I'm DV with tan, I've been in an Emira with the Ice grey interior - it's lovely but note it is a very light grey. It will still work, just a matter of preference.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Black for me. I do get the tan but it was a little too classic for me. The grey just looked like it would stain easily so black was the only option left.

In an ideal world I would have loved black seats with other areas highlighted in light grey to lighten the cabin.

Iscarider

Reaction score
Black for me. I do get the tan but it was a little too classic for me. The grey just looked like it would stain easily so black was the only option left.

In an ideal world I would have loved black seats with other areas highlighted in light grey to lighten the cabin.

Hmmm. .......... sometimes classic is good though. Difficult choice, I need to stop looking at the configurator !

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmmm. .......... sometimes classic is good though. Difficult choice, I need to stop looking at the configurator !
If it’s that hard a choice it probably means you’d be happy with either option so don’t worry about it 😃

I was lucky. It took me about 5 mins to spec mine and I haven’t changed my mind since

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Green with tan and black or silver wheels with yellow or black calipers is such a classy look. You can't go wrong.
Alcantara yellow stitch also look great 💛
I'd have gone this route if a lighter green. Just promised myself that I wouldn't have a really dark car again..

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was anti DV+Tan for some time, even posted on here about it: "To retro, too trad, too classic for a contemporary car...."

Then something flipped in my head and I fell in love with DV+Tan!

And yes @Leonard, silver wheels and yellow calipers for me - top combo!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Didn’t someone in Lotus say or suggest at Goodwood to a customer they couldn’t show a DV car because of some paint colour unhappiness? And then this turns up in China, it’s home market, so that was a load of of horse manure? Why not just say the truth?

Perhaps they don’t care because it was legacy customer?

Which brings me to the question: Does anyone on this forum think they’re not a legacy customer?
Matt Windle told me at Goodwood that Lotus hadn’t published photos of DV because it was too hard to photograph. I’m sure plenty of photographers would have volunteered to give it a go. I don’t believe that was why they’ve failed to show a DV car in public but I did say they’d missed an opportunity to bring a DV car to Goodwood and show it off in the sunshine. They had the 5 other colours.

Apparently “something“ by way of follow up was going to happen, but we haven’t seen anything so far.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Green with tan and black or silver wheels with yellow or black calipers is such a classy look. You can't go wrong.
Alcantara yellow stitch also look great 💛
I'd have gone this route if a lighter green. Just promised myself that I wouldn't have a really dark car again..
Yellow callipers for me as a nod to my previous 911. Very geeky but I like to take something from my last car into my next as some of continuing story (not that anyone but me would even know)

Don’t mind admitting it on here though because I’m surrounded by people who think too much about cars 😄

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Matt Windle told me at Goodwood that Lotus hadn’t published photos of DV because it was too hard to photograph. I’m sure plenty of photographers would have volunteered to give it a go. I don’t believe that was why they’ve failed to show a DV car in public but I did say they’d missed an opportunity to bring a DV car to Goodwood and show it off in the sunshine. They had the 5 other colours.

Apparently “something“ by way of follow up was going to happen, but we haven’t seen anything so far.
Part of the problem may well be a paint quality issue. I say that because I saw a DV set of panels close up in May on the factory tour and the orange peel was quite bad. I mean really bad to the point it makes a Corvette paint job look good.

Considering it’s an entirely new paint process it’s not uncommon for there to be differences between pigments that need to be sorted to achieve the quality standard. The one thing it did make me do was rethink my color choices. I was initially Shadow, migrated the DV but am now leaning towards Nimbus as it appears the lighter colors have less visible imperfections. Since I’m late on the list I how to get a chance to see the colors in person before I need to make the final decision.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm trying to wait a little bit longer to see some actual pictures of the car, but I think that there's still time for people that are locked in to change color choice, unless you're in the very, very early groups.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Had a quick look on Weibo, China's twitter equivalent and found a decent video showing the DV car and showroom in China. I've no idea what he's saying, but there's some good shots in there so I've uploaded it to Google Drive as Weibo really doesn't seem to like UK traffic.

Credit to this chap:
Amazing great work that chap and to you for hosting.
More there than Lotus have given us in the last year lol.
Silver wheels as well. A video full of Unicorns 🦄
Green should look really great 👍

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Now this is what I'm talking about! Hopefully some of the metallic flake will pop like this on DV in direct sun...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Now this is what I'm talking about! Hopefully some of the metallic flake will pop like this on DV in direct sun...

No, no it won't 🤣🤣🤣

Be more like this

vantablack-ferrari-sf90-1024x555.jpg

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Had a quick look on Weibo, China's twitter equivalent and found a decent video showing the DV car and showroom in China. I've no idea what he's saying, but there's some good shots in there so I've uploaded it to Google Drive as Weibo really doesn't seem to like UK traffic.

Credit to this chap:
Brilliant find, thank you for sharing.
Useful to see their samples on the wall too. I'm surprised how orange the tan sample looks.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score

All a nonsense from them. I’ve found out 99% of Emira actual insights from you & this site. So, thanks so much for that Tom.

I’ll be pootling around still in my Elise and hope to meet you in person one day!

Hope yours arrives soon.

All the best.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts