DARK VERDANT!?

Zardoz

Reaction score
Finally, I manage to find some more pictures with outdoor lighting. Unfortunately not under direct sun light though. I bet it would look amazing.
Can some of our friends in China ask this dealer to take the car out on a bright sunny day & snap some pictures
& share with a forum member who will post it up?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Finally, I manage to find some more pictures with outdoor lighting. Unfortunately not under direct sun light though. I bet it would look amazing.
Best pictures of DV I have seen.... definitely looks more like empire green in these pics...I really Like it!

g_l9wco

Reaction score
I've seen Dark Verdant on the factory tour, unfortunately it's a few shades darker than my GR Yaris I had wrapped
IMG_20220328_162720_581.jpg

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I think the colour of the DV on configurator video looks very close to these. Reminds me of some of the `chameleon` type colours TVR used with the slight hues of blue mixed in.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_5368_crop.jpg

This looks fantastic! Man, I wish it looked like this under all kinds of light. The green/blue hues are absolutely awesome.

It's the black shift that is just too rapid on this paint in my opinion. It is really, really cool, but needs to start dominating over the main colors about 50% further along the curve rather than at the 10-20% off-axis from the angle of incidence. The black part should be highlighting the undersides of the side sculpting and making the character lines pop, rather than making the panel you are looking at start to "disappear to black" a mere 6 or 8 inches away from the specular highlight. You can see it clearly here:

1658337719437.png

Example snap from the video, you can see that even under INTENSE downward studio lighting, the side of the car shifts to black... that's not a good signal for what it will look like outdoors in overcast conditions, even relatively bright ones.

1658336424687.png

I don't know whether this is a set of intentional choices to make the car black-dominant, or whether it's a paint technology error that reasonably resulted from a set of best-effort educated guesses about mix and angles from before they had the new Dürr paint system in place.

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why do they bother painting cars if wraps look this good? Save the paint weight and leave bare for an infinite choice of colours...
Here's a few reasons just off the top of my head (happy to be corrected by anyone if some or all of these are wrong!):
  • Wraps never cover "everything". There's always some door jamb or part of the engine bay with the original colour still visible.
  • Wraps are never visually "perfect". You (or at least, I) can always spot the cuts & folds of vehicle wraps at the panel corners, or near the headlights / door handles.
  • Getting a wrap done carries the risk of accidental damage. I've seen users on rennlist.com say that even premier paint / wrap shops have left knife scratches around their car from where they have to cut the vinyl.
  • Wraps get damaged by debris / rocks. So you'll need to either continually re-wrap sections that see heavy wear, or add additional PPF on top of your wrap (but then at that point, when it comes time to replace that PPF, can you just peel it off without also peeling up the wrap layer underneath it? I don't believe so...)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've said it before but I will say it again 😁😇
Because it has hints of blue and really dark almost black green it will look a lot like Ford Tourmaline Green.
My dad had a Granada like the one in the link below and it looked very similar to what I'm seeing. More metallic in the DV but similar play with the light.
It looked really cool in an understated way. Have no doubt the Emira will look equally as cool 😄
If everyone wants to chip in I will see if I can pick one up cheap and drive it round to each of your houses so you can see what DV looks like 😋

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still think Aston Martin Pentland green is the closest I have seen to dark verdant. Looks different in every shade of light and photography. Very difficult car to grasp the colour of in a photo....

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Didn’t someone in Lotus say or suggest at Goodwood to a customer they couldn’t show a DV car because of some paint colour unhappiness? And then this turns up in China, it’s home market, so that was a load of of horse manure? Why not just say the truth?

Perhaps they don’t care because it was legacy customer?

Which brings me to the question: Does anyone on this forum think they’re not a legacy customer?

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Didn’t someone in Lotus say or suggest at Goodwood to a customer they couldn’t show a DV car because of some paint colour unhappiness? And then this turns up in China, it’s home market, so that was a load of of horse manure? Why not just say the truth?

Perhaps they don’t care because it was legacy customer?

Which brings me to the question: Does anyone on this forum think they’re not a legacy customer?
Will just add, I’ve decided to cancel my order. This just tipped me over the edge.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
1658353133990.png

Are those white or silver wheels?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Never owned one, but considered one many times and have a connection to the brand through a shared love of motorsport
So I do consider myself a legacy customer.
In fact I must be as I definitely feel Lotus don't really care about me 😘😅

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Never owned one, but considered one many times and have a connection to the brand through a shared love of motorsport
So I do consider myself a legacy customer.
In fact I must be as I definitely feel Lotus don't really care about me 😘😅
I know what you mean!

‘Heritage owners’ though might have been a little more respectful! Along with a little honesty.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts