8AB991DD-F3F9-4048-82B6-49C4C4F99DA2.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 218

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice photo of verdant green on Ista this morning from car at Lotus Wuhan
What in the world is going on with the hood of that car? Weird Photoshop? Reflections don't work like that.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get not publishing photos for that reason (not really, but I can live with it)... But they haven't let them out in the wild basically at all sans the Asia tour and the top Gear review in the studio. It would be great to see some videos of it in motion/walking around it to see the travel in the color. This is beyond frustrating and quite frankly mind boggling. Can't wait for first customer DV cars to be delivered so we can see something.
It's annoyingly sad it will be DIY on DV. This now falls into the category of celebrity sighting for fans.
Rather than being proud of a creation they are being secretive. A future TV program will analyze and tantalize with the 'most mysterious Lotus color ever......aka The Dark Mystery."

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What in the world is going on with the hood of that car? Weird Photoshop? Reflections don't work like that.
To me it looks like the silver column to the side, which has a satin finish, is just creating an unusual reflection - you can see where it meets the ceiling in the reflection - agree it looks odd though!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can't really tell from the the last pic - but if DV is anything like Empire green from that Elise in Thailand that would be an amazing colour.... I know, it's different tho.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's the diffused overhead light shining on the soft satin finish of the circular column next to the car, then that image is being reflected in the hood. You can see below that how sharp and clear the worded sign is. It does make for a weird looking reflection though.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I believe DV has more blue tones than Empire green
You are right on the money there, this echoes my earlier assessment, DV is more akin to a very deep teal than a forest green. (as per my avatar and painting! :cool:)

Mickle

Reaction score
Came across this video and couldn’t decide whether it was Shadow Grey or Dark Verdant at first, checked the reg and DVLA indeed lists the colour as green.