DARK VERDANT!?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Concerningly speaking to Matt Windle at goodwood; he pretty much straight up refuted that DV pics will get published at all. Stating that it's too hard to photograph properly. Didn't really know how to react to that statement... Surely you can't just say no!?

Anyway I took a few snaps of the large DV sample there in brightish, but overcast light. Better than nothing I guess.

I got the same explanation from Matt about why the pictures had been repeatedly delayed and were now never likely to be published. I don't think it's fair to keep saying they'll be published, delaying, not publishing them and then say they are too hard to photograph. All the other colours have now been photographed many times by press and public, and Lotus missed the opportunity to create some decent images and publish them first.

There may be an opportunity to address this, with support from Lotus. I won't get people's hopes up, but it's under discussion following conversations at Goodwood yesterday.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I got the same explanation from Matt about why the pictures had been repeatedly delayed and were now never likely to be published. I don't think it's fair to keep saying they'll be published, delaying, not publishing them and then say they are too hard to photograph. All the other colours have now been photographed many times by press and public, and Lotus missed the opportunity to create some decent images and publish them first.

There may be an opportunity to address this, with support from Lotus. I won't get people's hopes up, but it's under discussion following conversations at Goodwood yesterday.
I get not publishing photos for that reason (not really, but I can live with it)... But they haven't let them out in the wild basically at all sans the Asia tour and the top Gear review in the studio. It would be great to see some videos of it in motion/walking around it to see the travel in the color. This is beyond frustrating and quite frankly mind boggling. Can't wait for first customer DV cars to be delivered so we can see something.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree
Anyone else miss seeing this thread at the top of the list? I would like some new photos!!! Where are these cars?!?
Anyone else miss seeing this thread at the top of the list? I would like some new photos!!! Where are these cars?!?!
Anyone else miss seeing this
Anyone else miss seeing this thread at the top of the list? I would like some new photos!!! Where are these cars?!?!
I agree, however I’ll settle for just seeing any Emira on the road at the moment! Am buzzing for seeing DV pics tho!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From this weekend the press cars will be over in Europe for 2-3 weeks, so expect pictures from dealers, press and public.

Reaction score

My instagram profile is dedicated exclusively to the Emira in Dark verdant color, and I have many publications of it, follow me and share me and you will be able to see all the news of the emira in general and the emira in dark verdant color in particular.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there a DV press car then Tom?
There wasn’t last week, just the other 5 colours - which makes no sense!

There’s at least one validation car in DV, but it’s not being used for press duties.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There wasn’t last week, just the other 5 colours - which makes no sense!

There’s at least one validation car in DV, but it’s not being used for press duties.
Would have looked great at Chatsworth!

SteveB

Reaction score
As mentioned by many on this thread, five of the six launch (FE) colours have been seen multiple times in photographs and in the flesh - all except Dark Verdant. The explanation from Lotus that DV does not photo well so no official photos, or even DV cars for press reviews or public shows, is not very convincing. If DV is such a difficult colour to photograph why was it selected as a launch colour? We know Lotus are making DV cars from comments by those attending Hethel factory tours. All we have seen of DV so far has been edited views on the lotus driving experience site, shots from the Lotus NYO dealership and an appearance at the end of the TopGear review. I think all of these were I4 engine cars. Could it be Dark Verdant is being held back for use as the poster child for the I4 launch, in the same way that Seneca Blue was the poster child for the V6 launch?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
As mentioned by many on this thread, five of the six launch (FE) colours have been seen multiple times in photographs and in the flesh - all except Dark Verdant. The explanation from Lotus that DV does not photo well so no official photos, or even DV cars for press reviews or public shows, is not very convincing. If DV is such a difficult colour to photograph why was it selected as a launch colour? We know Lotus are making DV cars from comments by those attending Hethel factory tours. All we have seen of DV so far has been edited views on the lotus driving experience site, shots from the Lotus NYO dealership and an appearance at the end of the TopGear review. I think all of these were I4 engine cars. Could it be Dark Verdant is being held back for use as the poster child for the I4 launch, in the same way that Seneca Blue was the poster child for the V6 launch?
I doubt it. It's most likely that they're either having quality control issues or supply issues because it's the color I ordered. That's the way things often work for me. If I'm looking for a product of some kind on the internet, I usually type in the description, hit search, then switch to the images tab and go by looks to see what looks good to me. As soon as I see something I like and click on it, it's either no longer available, out of stock with no estimate of when it will be back in stock, or the web page can't be found and doesn't exist anymore.

SteveB

Reaction score
I doubt it. It's most likely that they're either having quality control issues or supply issues because it's the color I ordered. That's the way things often work for me. If I'm looking for a product of some kind on the internet, I usually type in the description, hit search, then switch to the images tab and go by looks to see what looks good to me. As soon as I see something I like and click on it, it's either no longer available, out of stock with no estimate of when it will be back in stock, or the web page can't be found and doesn't exist anymore.

I thought it was just me that had those problems - I’m DV as well!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hey, nice avatar, where did you get it?
@DarkVerdantEmira - No reply to a genuine question?

I noticed you use it as your avatar on Instagram too as well as a post - it is the digital image i created for my subsequent painting.

When using anyone else's work it is common courtesy and best practice to credit the creator whenever it is used - are you planning to do that? Communities like these work and can benefit everyone when simple rules and courtesies are followed. Please let me know what you plan to do.

Last edited: