DARK VERDANT!?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If you are getting DV you have to ceramic coat or ppf it to keep it looking this mirror smooth.
Going to be a pig if not to try and keep the swirl marks off it.
Absolutely stunning though! 😍

Reactions: DJS

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If you are getting DV you have to ceramic coat or ppf it to keep it looking this mirror smooth.
Going to be a pig if not to try and keep the swirl marks off it.
Absolutely stunning though! 😍
If you accept the car without getting ppf, do NOT use circular motions for its first wash. Get a clay bar, wet the car, and use long straight strokes with the clay in one direction. For example if it's the hood, start at the top at the base of the windshield, then lightly drag the clay bar in a straight line down towards the front. You don't need to use much pressure. You'll feel a slight amount of resistance as it pulls off any surface dust, or irregularities. Keep the surfaces wet; don't do this on a dry surface. After the first pass, do it again until there's no resistance. Move to the next area and continue. On a brand new car, one clay bar should be enough to do the whole car.

DO NOT DROP THE CLAY BAR ON THE GROUND! If you accidentally do, throw it away and get another one. They're not that expensive. The clay will pick up any tiny grains of sand or grit, and then using it on your car is like using sandpaper.

After you clay bar the car, rinse and dry with a microfiber cloth. Once it's thoroughly dry, put a good wax or surface treatment of some kind on it. That will keep it from having swirl marks in it. This is especially important on a car with dark color paint.

If your car goes directly to a place for ppf, they'll do the paint correction and surface prep, which is part of the cost of getting the ppf.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you accept the car before getting ppf, do NOT use circular motions for its first wash. Get a clay bar, wet the car, and use long straight strokes with the clay in one direction. For example if it's the hood, start at the top at the base of the windshield, then lightly drag the clay bar in a straight line down towards the front. You don't need to use much pressure. You'll feel a slight amount of resistance as it pulls off any surface dust, or irregularities. Keep the surfaces wet; don't do this on a dry surface. After the first pass, do it again until there's no resistance. Move to the next area and continue. On a brand new car, one clay bar should be enough to do the whole car.

DO NOT DROP THE CLAY BAR ON THE GROUND! If you accidentally do, throw it away and get another one. They're not that expensive. The clay will pick up any tiny grains of sand or grit, and then using it on your car is like using sandpaper.

After you clay bar the car, rinse and dry with a microfiber cloth. Once it's thoroughly dry, put a good wax or surface treatment of some kind on it. That will keep it from having swirl marks in it. This is especially important on a car with dark color paint.

If your car goes directly to a place for ppf, they'll do the paint correction and surface prep, which is part of the cost of getting the ppf.

To do things properly, you really need to polish the car after using a clay bar, but not wax or seal it before PPF is applied as it will not stick and start lifting.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
To do things properly, you really need to polish the car after using a clay bar, but not wax or seal it before PPF is applied as it will not stick and start lifting.
Right if you're getting ppf. I hope most are, but some may not be. (Corrected my post above).

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Traditional clay bars have evolved into synthetic clay bars. They work just as well (personal experience), and if you drop it, just rinse it and it’s ready for use again.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Traditional clay bars have evolved into synthetic clay bars. They work just as well (personal experience), and if you drop it, just rinse it and it’s ready for use again.
Well now, that IS progress! I haven't used one in about 10 years now. My 2017 Alfa went straight to the ppf guys when I bought it. I'm planning on my Emira going the same route at the dealer before it's delivered to me.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I use a clay glove and it makes the job much easier since I'm no longer worried about dropping the bar.

That being said, PPF seems so expensive and such a hassle. I keep my cars clean and enjoy detailing them regularly. I really don't mind if my Emira gets some small battle wounds over the years. Its usually nothing a little polishing compound and skillfully applied touch up paint can't fix!

I will consider getting PPF just in the front for those few aggressive track days.

Last edited:

hyperfect

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 134

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That video is awesome! I see what people meant when they said it's classy. Really shifts from black to green. Thanks for the additional pics too Hyperfect, keep them coming!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The link doesn't work for me. Is there another source, like on YouTube or something?