DARK VERDANT!?

danmessy

Reaction score
I've previously owned a black Elise and another black car, and swore I would avoid black cars in the future given the amount of cleaning regularly required 😂 That said, the above pic looks really really good. Anyone that has owned a similar colour to the Dark Verdant, are you able to shed light on whether the cleaning regime will be the same or similar to black?

I am down for a Base edition, so unsure if the DV will even be available (unsure if this is known/covered elsewhere yet??), though looking at that picture, and the fact I live in a very / usually sunny part of the world is making me reconsider my colour short list!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Current info suggests DV will be carried over to the Base Edition, along with the other FE colours. Plus an extra 7 new colours.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
When I get mine, I'll be sure and take some pictures of it in the forests of the Pacific northwest, on a beautiful sunny day. A dark verdant Emira in the forest.... I can just see it now. I'll probably have to wait a few months for spring next year, but it will be worth it.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?
Imagen PNG-11.jpg

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?View attachment 4940
Can you adjust the colors so the blue car is the correct shade?

DenzilP

Reaction score
I think we finally have a Verdant Green outside!

Do I get points? 🤣
View attachment 4920
Can you see the white 911 in the background. I wonder if Lotus have been using it against the emira ? also from a distance the roof looks green, but like @TomE said it has a black pack which you can tell by the top side rails. Lovely colour, i think i have made the right decision.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Colours redone, only so much you can do with a compressed JPG without making it look fairly crppy. Take it as something fun to get you excited, not gospel from the manufacturer ;)

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can you see the white 911 in the background. I wonder if Lotus have been using it against the emira ? also from a distance the roof looks green, but like @TomE said it has a black pack which you can tell by the top side rails. Lovely colour, i think i have made the right decision.
Having stared at this way too long, it does appear to have the black pack. I think it's definitely a colour where you can get away with either having or not having the full black pack with the roof not really changing the look too much. I am however a big fan of the black exhaust and black LOTUS badge (when we finally get to actually see it on a DV car that is...) .

I've gone for without the full black pack and will see if I can source the black emblems and have the exhaust tips done aftermarket!

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Seeing this confirms my decision. Black pack, Black wheels, the Batmobile look!

Also, has somebody nicked the FE badge? I hope those things are bolted on tight, they'll be the new VW badges

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are three holes where the FE badge goes, one large and the two for the bolts either side. They get fitted near the end of build and they may have left them off if it's a validation car, or the part may be one of the ones delayed arriving on site.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having stared at this way too long, it does appear to have the black pack. I think it's definitely a colour where you can get away with either having or not having the full black pack with the roof not really changing the look too much. I am however a big fan of the black exhaust and black LOTUS badge (when we finally get to actually see it on a DV car that is...) .

I've gone for without the full black pack and will see if I can source the black emblems and have the exhaust tips done aftermarket!
I’ve spoken to Oakmere who said they are confident they can spray the tips but can only confirm once they have their sample Emira on site, also spoke to Lotus customer services today and they said Lotus approved workshops will be able to provide the lettering also

• Brilliant
Reactions: DrD

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve spoken to Oakmere who said they are confident they can spray the tips but can only confirm once they have their sample Emira on site, also spoke to Lotus customer services today and they said Lotus approved workshops will be able to provide the lettering also
Magical, thank you for finding out and sharing. The excitement builds even more...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you adjust the colors so the blue car is the correct shade?
The blue car is the correct shade.

I think we are seeing an interesting light play off the clear coat.
I think we finally have a Verdant Green outside!

Do I get points? 🤣
View attachment 4920

For all those saying that the colour balance is wrong in this original photo, well it is not really. Let me explain.

All the cars including the Seneca Blue Emira and Laser Blue Exige are reflecting the overhead diffuse light via their clear coats. Look at the rear wheel haunches of the DV car - they look almost white in some places - similar to the Seneca blue car. The black painted vents around the rear window are grey as well. So we are seeing a lot of white light reflectivity off all the cars that is making the surface areas appear whiter on the photo than they actually are.

Look at the fenders directly behind the front and rear wheels in the DV car and that will give you an idea as to what DV looks like in the shade or without sunlight (greenish black). A realistic Seneca colour can be seen on the lower bumper under the tail light where there isn't overcast light hitting it directly.

If the camera had a light polarising filter, then a significant amount of this white light reflectivity would be removed showing more of the true paint colour. But that doesn't mean that the colour balance is captured incorrectly - it just means that the photo captured many more reflections as we see here.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The blue car is the correct shade.

I think we are seeing an interesting light play off the clear coat.

For all those saying that the colour balance is wrong in this original photo, well it is not really. Let me explain.

All the cars including the Seneca Blue Emira and Laser Blue Exige are reflecting the overhead diffuse light via their clear coats. Look at the rear wheel haunches of the DV car - they look almost white in some places - similar to the Seneca blue car. The black painted vents around the rear window are grey as well. So we are seeing a lot of white light reflectivity off all the cars that is making the surface areas appear whiter on the photo than they actually are.

Look at the fenders directly behind the front and rear wheels in the DV car and that will give you an idea as to what DV looks like in the shade or without sunlight (greenish black). A realistic Seneca colour can be seen on the lower bumper under the tail light where there isn't overcast light hitting it directly.

If the camera had a light polarising filter, then a significant amount of this white light reflectivity would be removed showing more of the true paint colour. But that doesn't mean that the colour balance is captured incorrectly - it just means that the photo captured many more reflections as we see here.
Not for nothin’; clouds, sun, sky, neighbor car colors, camera used, my device, etc. - we can tell whether we’d:
A: Still go DV regardless.
OR
B: Are more committed to DV now.

But 0 people can say “as a result of these renders and possible pics I am no longer going with DV.”

At best it’s C. Not enough information provided to sway me from the color.”

That’s the beauty of DV IMHO - any shade it gets it’s a shade for me! :)

#ForTheDV

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Either that car is not Seneca blue, or the color processing is really messed up on it. I don't think the effect is nearly as strong on the DV car. That shot, combined with the black wheels make it look sooo good. I showed the picture to my wife, who normally could not really care less about the color of the car I am going to choose, but she said, "I told you that I like that color." 😄 She says the red looks nice, but she would never pick a red car. I'm so on the fence still...

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Either that car is not Seneca blue, or the color processing is really messed up on it. I don't think the effect is nearly as strong on the DV car. That shot, combined with the black wheels make it look sooo good. I showed the picture to my wife, who normally could not really care less about the color of the car I am going to choose, but she said, "I told you that I like that color." 😄 She says the red looks nice, but she would never pick a red car. I'm so on the fence still...
After seeing the photos yesterday the fence must have been demolished and set on fire……. Magma all the way 😀