DARK VERDANT!?

AR2

Reaction score
To put my mind at ease with my DV spec and the lack of info, I just decided to use my allocated PPF money towards applying "removable paint" to the car. My local shop quoted me the same price for this "Cardip Paint" as PPF, and it keeps the OG paint tucked safely under. Now I dont have to stress about this ridiculous factory paint thats so illusive, and I get a color Ive always wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_5534.jpg
    IMG_5534.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 93

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
To put my mind at ease with my DV spec and the lack of info, I just decided to use my allocated PPF money towards applying "removable paint" to the car. My local shop quoted me the same price for this "Cardip Paint" as PPF, and it keeps the OG paint tucked safely under. Now I dont have to stress about this ridiculous factory paint thats so illusive, and I get a color Ive always wanted.
What is it though?

AR2

Reaction score
What is it though?
It's a removable car paint, pretty popular out here in Dubai. Its the equivalent to a car wrap, but gives that deeper look that a paint job has. The specific tech they use is from a company called Cardip in Germany, the dealer in Dubai has done everything from Buggatis to Koenigseggs, including Supercarblondies Mclaren. So they seem to have a pretty good rep out here

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a removable car paint, pretty popular out here in Dubai. Its the equivalent to a car wrap, but gives that deeper look that a paint job has. The specific tech they use is from a company called Cardip in Germany, the dealer in Dubai has done everything from Buggatis to Koenigseggs, including Supercarblondies Mclaren. So they seem to have a pretty good rep out here

That interested me sir , DM for details please

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Love that colour, thinking of getting my Defender wrapped in something similar - looks really smart with black roof/wheels

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've gone for silver wheels with DV but I am 99% certain I'll end up switching them to a deep bronzy gold or something of that ilk. That combo, with the tan interior, is going to look racy, premium, classy, cohesive, exclusive and downright sexy - all at once!
Wheel choice is something I always seem to spend the most time on. I do this with every car I've ever had lol.

Here's an idea for the FE wheels, bronze gold inner with a silver rim edge.
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.21.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.27.34 PM.png

This somewhat weakens the effect of the yellow caliper. You could go with a red caliper, but I'm not crazy about red and green together. I may do a darker version of the bronze gold and give that a look.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wheel choice is something I always seem to spend the most time on. I do this with every car I've ever had lol.

Here's an idea for the FE wheels, bronze gold inner with a silver rim edge.
View attachment 5153
View attachment 5154

This somewhat weakens the effect of the yellow caliper. You could go with a red caliper, but I'm not crazy about red and green together. I may do a darker version of the bronze gold and give that a look.
Great work, those look bloody amazing! I'm with you on red and green, except in this case the green being so dark means it would work - BUT I wouldn't do it as the gold/bronze wheel and DV combo doesnt need anything else going on - black or silver calipers would be my choice with this.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Again, purely for some entertainment for myself (you don't have to tell me how sad I am. I am aware, thanks). Happy to share for others to enjoy. Any resemblance to the real colours is more luck etc... Don't get too excited.

This is my spec btw (minus full black pack), with white interior and alcantara steering wheel. Although it's too late to change for me, I'm still uhmming and ahhing about Nimbus. Ergo, I had a play with Nimbus too; I'll post those in that thread!
Side green.JPG
Rear Left Green 2.JPG
Left side Green.JPG
FL Green.JPG

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Again, purely for some entertainment for myself (you don't have to tell me how sad I am. I am aware, thanks). Happy to share for others to enjoy. Any resemblance to the real colours is more luck etc... Don't get too excited.

This is my spec btw (minus full black pack), with white interior and alcantara steering wheel. Although it's too late to change for me, I'm still uhmming and ahhing about Nimbus. Ergo, I had a play with Nimbus too; I'll post those in that thread!View attachment 5164View attachment 5165View attachment 5167View attachment 5168
So interestingly I've noticed the forum compresses and brightens the pictures. I thought they looked a tad different from what I'd done.

Below is a link to the full resolution ones if any of you are losers like me wanting uncompressed files...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Made the bronze a bit darker so the yellow calipers show up better.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.36.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.31.45 PM.png

The standard silver for comparison
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.49.11 PM.png

Just for fun, here's the wheel centers in Hethel Yellow
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.01.03 PM.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here are a few more based on the Hethel Yellow accent theme.

Wheels in Hethel Yellow.
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.01.03 PM.png

Wheels plus the LOTUS lettering on the lower sill.
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.12.00 PM.png

This adds the stripe along the lower sill.
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 9.16.05 PM.png

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So interestingly I've noticed the forum compresses and brightens the pictures. I thought they looked a tad different from what I'd done.

Below is a link to the full resolution ones if any of you are losers like me wanting uncompressed files...

Looking at these especially with the darker rims it makes the brake rotors stand out so much. Given they are not ceramic I’m concerned that as they age/rust it will really be an eyesore on an otherwise beautiful build. Any thoughts on this? Really wish ceramics were an option - I despise brake dust and rusty brakes.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
yep, cover the disk in oil and stand it on bricks in your heated den - what a stupid statement, if you actually drive it it won't be a problem

Well thanks for the thoughtful reply 🙄. I certainly drive my BMW and the brake rotors don’t look clean and new. Appearance on a car is important to me and on a dark wheel on a dark car the appearance of the rotor will be emphasized. I’ve never owned a dark wheeled car so was just looking for input. Such a snarky response is damn well worthless

There‘s a reason people spend thousands on PSCB and PCCB brakes in the Porsche world and it’s not just about the track.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well thanks for the thoughtful reply 🙄. I certainly drive my BMW and the brake rotors don’t look clean and new. Appearance on a car is important to me and on a dark wheel on a dark car the appearance of the rotor will be emphasized. I’ve never owned a dark wheeled car so was just looking for input. Such a snarky response is damn well worthless

There‘s a reason people spend thousands on PSCB and PCCB brakes in the Porsche world and it’s not just about the track.
These type of 2-piece rotors won't visibly rust in the way that you are fearing, except possibly at the very outer edge (vent facing). Unlikely though. The rotor hat won't rust at all, it's a semi-permanent machined item.

Your BMW (I have one too) uses single-piece cast rotors that are inexpensively coated on the hat with a silver paint, and they begin to develop cosmetic oxidation after about 6mo to 1y, particularly if parked outside in the rain.
I personally think this won't be an issue, but if you are going to be parking your Emira outside for long periods (like over winter) there are some sprays you can use on the rotor to protect it a bit while stored. It MUST be washed off well before driving though... fair warning.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
These type of 2-piece rotors won't visibly rust in the way that you are fearing, except possibly at the very outer edge (vent facing). Unlikely though. The rotor hat won't rust at all, it's a semi-permanent machined item.

Your BMW (I have one too) uses single-piece cast rotors that are inexpensively coated on the hat with a silver paint, and they begin to develop cosmetic oxidation after about 6mo to 1y, particularly if parked outside in the rain.
I personally think this won't be an issue, but if you are going to be parking your Emira outside for long periods (like over winter) there are some sprays you can use on the rotor to protect it a bit while stored. It MUST be washed off well before driving though... fair warning.
Stop being so helpful and positive. We need more snarky responses like Vision around here!