• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

DARK VERDANT!?

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Been catching up on all this chat. Really feel for @note89 for not getting to see a DV on tour. I have nimbus on order (not locked in) but really think I'm going to end up on DV. Would be tempted with tour if it was guaranteed to see all the colours. Not locking in for months but am v frustrated at not being able to make my final decision and get on with life!
Empathise with everyone's frustration with Lotus... Just madness. I would be so much more excited with DV, but I just want to make sure it's right.
Also feel for @Porter feeling that he needs to go against his dream to be safe. Its hope on my side, but I think DV is really going to hit the mark when we all get to see it.
So you don’t have an order placed or a delivery month, why are you commentating on a visit!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m doing the tour on Thursday & really want to see the DV. I’ll give them a call tomorrow to check. I’m 90% yellow but keep finding very tempting pics of dark green cars. For those who have seen DV at Hethel, are these pics similar…?
View attachment 4424View attachment 4425
View attachment 4426View attachment 4427

Yes, that's similar. More like the Lamborghini than the Porsche. And with a bit more metallic fleck visible in the well-lit areas. Compare those to this Empire Green Evora and the section of front wing with direct sun on it:
Empire Green Evora 6.jpg

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So you don’t have an order placed or a delivery month, why are you commentating on a visit!
I assume you mean 'contemplating'?
I have 2 deposits in place (late so delivery won't be until 2023 unfortunately). But I am spending far too much thinking time on this when I should be focusing on other stuff so I just want yo get it finalised in my head.
Touring, black wheels, Alcantara interior and wheel, yellow calipers... Its just the colour I can't decide.

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, that's similar. More like the Lamborghini than the Porsche. And with a bit more metallic fleck visible in the well-lit areas. Compare those to this Empire Green Evora and the section of front wing with direct sun on it:
View attachment 4433
Thanks Tom. That’s really helpful. Looking forward to the tour on Thursday!

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So in answer to my original post - nobody has a clear or shareable photo of DV anywhere. I have mine arriving in July and do not doubt it will be great, just a very strange situation how there is not even 1 sample photo of DV on an actual car!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So in answer to my original post - nobody has a clear or shareable photo of DV anywhere. I have mine arriving in July and do not doubt it will be great, just a very strange situation how there is not even 1 sample photo of DV on an actual car!
Gotta call Phil for that. If anyone has one it’s Super Phil for sure. Or MW…

#ForTheCellPics

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Morning or afternoon? I’m on the afternoon session.
We’re booked for the morning tour on Thursday. I called customer services this morning. They said they cannot promise that all 6 colours will be available for viewing on cars during the tour! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😤🤞🏼

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone seen a silver forged wheel in a tour yet?! They seem to be unicorns.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a silver forged wheel in a tour yet?! They seem to be unicorns.

I've only seen pics of the diamond cut on the Seneca Blue showcar and Hethel Yellow Emira at the Eletre launch. The yellow one in Shanghai had black forged, but they weren't great pics. I spec'd full silver on my FE order, so I'd love to see some pics too!

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We’re booked for the morning tour on Thursday. I called customer services this morning. They said they cannot promise that all 6 colours will be available for viewing on cars during the tour! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😤🤞🏼
Lotus really could do better. It is madness that some of us are taking annual leave to drive hundreds of miles, just for a glimpse of the potential colours, and paying for the privilege!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gotta call Phil for that. If anyone has one it’s Super Phil for sure. Or MW…

#ForTheCellPics
Phil didn’t see DV on a car, only a panel.

The only official photos of colours on cars have been Seneca Blue and Shadow Grey. There have been leaked or unofficial pictures of all the other colours.

The only DV picture was the one from a few weeks back at BBC for Top Gear and we all argued about the colour accuracy.

At this rate we’ll see pictures of customer cars before Lotus publish an official DV one :(

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus really could do better. It is madness that some of us are taking annual leave to drive hundreds of miles, just for a glimpse of the potential colours, and paying for the privilege!
Indeed. Not to mention the considerable travel & accommodation costs involved. Unfortunately, we’ve just had to cancel our tour on Thursday due to a family bereavement, which puts things into perspective. Customer services were very helpful & understanding. Hopefully, they will have all six colours on show for when we reschedule the tour.