DARK VERDANT!?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Matte ppf tends to lighten dark colors - wonder what a matte wrapped DV would look like.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Matte ppf tends to lighten dark colors - wonder what a matte wrapped DV would look like.
Reading my google search history?

0 evidence behind this but I was thinking it may eliminate the green bits and not perform well…

100% guessing but there is only one way to tell. Hoping someone else is the guinea pig though for real.

#ForTheMatte

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A matte surface causes light scatter, which is what you see as being 'lighter'. The surface itself is diffusing some of the light which gives it a softer effect as opposed to a hard, reflective mirror effect. This may reduce or even eliminate the richness of the color, which is often the result of being glossy and highly reflective.

On whites, silvers or grays, this isn't an issue because those are really just shades as opposed to actual colors. As soon as you get into the color spectrum though, the vividness and richness of the colors will be affected. A matte finish will flatten out the depth to some degree.

It looks like DV and Magma may be the two with the most color depth, which is greatly enhanced by the high gloss clear coat we've seen on some of the planform samples, and the few pictures of cars in the production line. I'm afraid a matte wrap on DV might make it look like it's just covered in dust and needs to be washed and waxed. It would certainly take away the rich expensive look. If that's what you want, that's entirely a personal choice though. It's your car, do what looks good to you.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably like a dark matte grey... the matte PPF will create a whitish sheen on it which will hide the colour to some extent.

Have a look at matte / frosted / frozen black cars and you'll see what I mean. The matte/low sheen throws off a grey.

This is also visible on the diamond cut Emira wheels. The inner wheel colour is actually solid black, but the low sheen clear coat makes it look dark grey in the sunlight.

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about matte as one of different types of transparent PPF, or is it a general matte effect as a result of using any PPF?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are you guys talking about matte as one of different types of transparent PPF, or is it a general matte effect as a result of using any PPF?
Matte/satin PPF rather than gloss PPF. Different types of film.

Here's a gloss black lambo having matte PPF applied:

To me this looks like Gloss Black being converted to Shadow Grey after been attacked with a Scotch Brite scouring pad. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just in case you missed it, this is a video from the configurator of Verdant. If you scroll down to the still images of the car and then scroll to the right, the last image is a video of Verdant blatting around the Hethel track.

Pete

Reaction score
Just in case you missed it, this is a video from the configurator of Verdant. If you scroll down to the still images of the car and then scroll to the right, the last image is a video of Verdant blatting around the Hethel track.

I think that is the Shadow Grey promo car.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Your link just goes to the basic configurator start screen. Also, pretty sure that's just Shadow gray in that video..

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

definitely Shadow Grey, look how luminous the grass and trees look. The colour grading has given the grey paint a green tint.

note89

Reaction score
I went to the factory in Hethel hoping to see the Dark Verdant car.
Was the only one I did not see, they said they had one but did not know where it was at the time XD.
The test driver said that it was closer to British racing green than black.
Was really hoping to be able to make up my mind after the factory trip but well I did not get much more info.
That being said all the colors looked very nice, the red one was quite spectacular.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Was the only one I did not see, they said they had one but did not know where it was at the time XD.
Was really hoping to be able to make up my mind after the factory trip but well I did not get much more info.
That being said all the colors looked very nice, the red one was quite spectacular.
Somebody for the love of all that is good in the world sneak a go pro into the factory and strip out the metadata and post some color pics.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's terrible you didn't get to see a DV car. I know they've got at least one built, probably two or more.

Anyone else going on a visit this week please kick up a fuss about seeing a DV car if you want to see one. It'll probably be in the holding pen between the staff canteen and the test track. They won't want to take all visitors there, but if you're a deposit holder trying to decide between DV and another colour I think it's reasonable to be able to see it.

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's terrible you didn't get to see a DV car. I know they've got at least one built, probably two or more.

Anyone else going on a visit this week please kick up a fuss about seeing a DV car if you want to see one. It'll probably be in the holding pen between the staff canteen and the test track. They won't want to take all visitors there, but if you're a deposit holder trying to decide between DV and another colour I think it's reasonable to be able to see it.
I’m doing the tour on Thursday & really want to see the DV. I’ll give them a call tomorrow to check. I’m 90% yellow but keep finding very tempting pics of dark green cars. For those who have seen DV at Hethel, are these pics similar…?
08FA52C2-C7F7-4365-952C-E9704C8F1AB7.jpeg
C9A2F100-38BF-4AEA-A268-383B97739AF2.jpeg

79077589-FCFB-4501-805F-2935A5742121.jpeg
1100B69D-9C0C-4F2C-92E3-189ED5D21D64.jpeg

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Been catching up on all this chat. Really feel for @note89 for not getting to see a DV on tour. I have nimbus on order (not locked in) but really think I'm going to end up on DV. Would be tempted with tour if it was guaranteed to see all the colours. Not locking in for months but am v frustrated at not being able to make my final decision and get on with life!
Empathise with everyone's frustration with Lotus... Just madness. I would be so much more excited with DV, but I just want to make sure it's right.
Also feel for @Porter feeling that he needs to go against his dream to be safe. Its hope on my side, but I think DV is really going to hit the mark when we all get to see it.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Also feel for @Porter feeling that he needs to go against his dream to be safe. Its hope on my side, but I think DV is really going to hit the mark when we all get to see it.
Totally. I know I've played it safe and I still don't know if I will be happy...
I'd have loved DV with a tan interior and yellow calipers.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts