DARK VERDANT!?

dah

Reaction score
Video of one in Malibu posted a few days ago.

Edit: Looking at it again, it looks like it might be a green filter on the video, with a shadow grey car. They state a few months ago, so likely the shadow grey one they had at Galpin.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Video of one in Malibu posted a few days ago.

Edit: Looking at it again, it looks like it might be a green filter on the video, with a shadow grey car. They state a few months ago, so likely the shadow grey one they had at Galpin.

That's definitely grey

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hold on tight :) I got an answer from Lotus that "We will be releasing photography of the Emira FE on our website in the upcoming weeks".
They said something similar in October. I hate to be cynical, but... :unsure:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's an old video when Matt, Gav and Russell went to California with the gray car. Matt's in the white polo. Whoever posted it either green filtered it, or have a terrible camera.

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 12.33.17 PM.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
just spoke to lotus they said photos of First Edition cars will come out "In the coming weeks"
That's what they told me two weeks ago! :ROFLMAO:

In related news, I4 and V6 base options and pricing are also being released in the next few weeks!

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
just spoke to lotus they said photos of First Edition cars will come out "In the coming weeks"
So... July, then? I expect that's when the first cars (due in June) will actually be delivered in the UK... and the pics will be taken by dealer staff and new owners rather than by Lotus.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So... July, then? I expect that's when the first cars (due in June) will actually be delivered in the UK... and the pics will be taken by dealer staff and new owners rather than by Lotus.

Exactly. We were told photos were taken back in October of the painted shells. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get photos in "the coming weeks" of all the FE colors.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly. We were told photos were taken back in October of the painted shells. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get photos in "the coming weeks" of all the FE colors.
As of today, March 31 2022, the only officially released photos of any complete Emira in the world are still the two launch prototypes. That's the blue "mule" car that doesn't even have an engine, and the grey dynamic demonstrator prototype.

The official launch was on July 6 of 2021 at Hethel. That means there have been 8 months and 26 days without a single photo being released by Lotus of any complete, painted, functioning Emira in any First Edition color. And counting.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
We saw the VP 007 car the previewers were able to drive, and the blue and yellow ones in China, as well as the yellow one that was on stage with the Eletre rollout the other night. It even had the FE wheels on it.

They're getting there, just maybe not as some (or many) would like, but as customer production begins, that will all change. Then we'll be complaining about how long it's taking to get the cars.

This too shall pass, and then these moments, these days will be history. The last of the ICE era.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
I’ve seen all the colours today including some new potential options.

Dark verdant is pictured on this thread which is top gear studio car.

Dark verdant is very dark green and as such in the shade it appears almost black and requires sunlight for the green sparkle to show.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Basically, "Watch this spot."
Whatever happened to Coming Attractions?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ve seen all the colours today including some new potential options.

Dark verdant is pictured on this thread which is top gear studio car.

Dark verdant is very dark green and as such in the shade it appears almost black and requires sunlight for the green sparkle to show.
Darren-DV-inperson-shot-crop-expfix.jpg

This one is what you are saying is the verdant car Top Gear used??

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts