DARK VERDANT!?

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect this has been posted but adding in case it hasn't:

This car was blue in this thread - 'Seneca Blue Lotus Emira Photo Thread'
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/seneca-blue-lotus-emira-photo-thread.17/post-31522

1654241024882.jpeg

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh whoops! I knew it looked familiar hence my comments. Sorry!
I think I have seen a nimbus version of this one too. All these re coloured images are just a symptom of Lotus still not having managed to publish proper photos. Although the rumour is that proper pictures will be published in a couple of weeks…

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I for one do not like this car at all. I just do not get the design. The rear end is hideous to me. It looks like some type of art project gone off the rails. I would choose the Emira over it for sure. Not based on performance but looks and a manual.
I agree, but for my money the only good looking super car made by anyone is the Roma and its not perfect either, the front grill is very cheap looking to me. I could use it to keep my dogs penned in the garden more than on the front of that gorgeous car. I dont think any Ferrari's are good looking these days, they are way over worked, the rimac is insane and well, Im more of a GT3 touring person, but the 992 version missed the chance to improve much on the previous 991 version at the back. Love the F type, but poor british build quality and outdated interiors / systems.
I cant think of a better looking new car than the emira, if we are talking JUSt about looks, although the Alfa looks good too..... Interesting AMG car, Id have it over this Murray design any week of the month, 250 to build.....all sold of course.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect this has been posted but adding in case it hasn't:

Another Instagram account using pictures that originated on here. They’ve used @eclat2emira’s painting too.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I saw this posted on a Facebook group claiming it was DV.... If that is true, I'm regretting my decision. 😬 That is not a flattering depiction.

FB_IMG_1654258590117.jpg

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw this posted on a Facebook group claiming it was DV.... If that is true, I'm regretting my decision. 😬 That is not a flattering depiction.

View attachment 6203
It was posted in this same thread on here probably 6 or 8 pages ago. It is dark verdant, but not the best lighting or camera you as you can tell by the way the Seneca blue next to it looks.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It was posted in this same thread on here probably 6 or 8 pages ago. It is dark verdant, but not the best lighting or camera you as you can tell by the way the Seneca blue next to it looks.
I think the most reasonable way to get a true photo without filters or doctoring at this point is to hire Tom Cruise to break into the factory Mission-Impossible-style.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Relying on cell phones which do a considerable amount of processing to the image is not the best way to represent these colors. They need to use professional cameras that can shoot in raw format, and have the images processed by someone who knows what they're doing. Even still, these cars are going to look better in person than any photograph. The dynamic nature of metallic paints gives them a look that a still snapshot just doesn't do justice to.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Evora GT430 in the video is Empire Green. It's very similar to Dark Verdant but not identical. Here are a couple of pictures to illustrate how it can go from more obviously green in bright sunlight to nearly black on an overcast day. The first pic is an Evora 400 in the same colour, second pic is the GT430 in the video.

Empire Green Evora 6.jpg

FB_IMG_1515875035174 GT430 Empire Green.jpg

Pics: Lotus Silverstone, TheLotusForums

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Evora GT430 in the video is Empire Green. It's very similar to Dark Verdant but not identical. Here are a couple of pictures to illustrate how it can go from more obviously green in bright sunlight to nearly black on an overcast day. The first pic is an Evora 400 in the same colour, second pic is the GT430 in the video.

View attachment 6219

View attachment 6218

Having seen in the factory a couple of weeks ago, I would say this is pretty close to DV - almost black without direct light/sunlight, but a rich, deep green when lit

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 6219

View attachment 6218

The colour sample for dark verdant actually had empire green written on it as well (when they did the invite at Silverstone)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw that. I think Lotus later confirmed that was incorrect. They certainly said all the FE colours were new for the Emira, so Dark Verdant is close but not identical to Empire Green. In the same way Hethel Yellow looks close to previous Lotus solid yellows but is also new.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are they new for the sake of being new or are they actually ‘new’. I ask because from what I can see all the ‘new’ colours have very very close cousins. Haven't seen the cars in person yet but based on pictures they look like regular metallic paints.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New for the sake of being new and because of the new paint process and paint supplier. Some are close to previous colours.

When people have held the small Emira samples against current cars, for example in Solar Yellow and Fire Red, they superficially look the same. But I think when we see whole cars parked next to each other there will be a discernible difference.