DARK VERDANT!?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had my call this morning, sounds like I'm now due in August. They confirmed that the pics on the Driving Academy page are indeed DV. So ignore absolutely everything I've said, I have no idea what I'm on about it seems...

They did say that they'd release full pictures of all colours, without filters, in studio lighting by the end of next week. Sounds like they've had a big old photo shoot, I'll believe it when I see it mind you.

Another fake DV pic for giggles.View attachment 5903
That's actually a good view of what the amber running lights in the headlights are going to look like lit up.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Had my call this morning, sounds like I'm now due in August. They confirmed that the pics on the Driving Academy page are indeed DV. So ignore absolutely everything I've said, I have no idea what I'm on about it seems...

They did say that they'd release full pictures of all colours, without filters, in studio lighting by the end of next week. Sounds like they've had a big old photo shoot, I'll believe it when I see it mind you.

Another fake DV pic for giggles.View attachment 5903

I went back a couple of pages on this thread to try and follow your post but didn't see anything.

Why is this a fake DV pic? It looks like it's at the factory and it looks incredible.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I went back a couple of pages on this thread to try and follow your post but didn't see anything.

Why is this a fake DV pic? It looks like it's at the factory and it looks incredible.
He photoshopped the color to DV

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Oh I and a couple of others were adamant that the pics online on the driving academy page were just shadow grey with a filter on it. Even tried taking the filter off and it really does look like shadow. But it seems it's not as easy as that...!

Broken record as always, but it'd help if we had real decent pics of the car, rather than speculating. But apparently soon, next week all will be revealed!

E

EF_Guest234

Did the heritage and factory tour this week. Several Pre-production Dark verdant cars on the line. Most with Black interior, one with red interior, none with the Brown interior. I did see a set of the brown seats, to my eyes the colour is a orange tinged brown vs a dark tan.

The red interior looked nice on the green, for those who are inspired by the Jim Clark era.

Again under factory lights the Green was very dark from all angles, none of the surfaces popped under the lights like I thought it might. Hopefully outside it will be better, but feeling a bit deflated on my choice after seeing it in person

The red looked really nice much closer to the old Elise 111R dark red than the brighter red the configuration shows.

Nimbus grey looked awesome on this car. Yellow looked good but a bit flat to my eye.

One added Bonus was Gavin, thrashing a track prepped GT4 on slicks with a performance exhaust. The whole morning soundtrack was this doing fast laps. Really nice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It seems Gordon Murray is also a Dark Verdant fan. It looks like the first road-registered GMA T.50 is in DV - and it looks stunning.

blobid0.jpg

blobid1.jpg

blobid9.jpg

blobid10.jpg

blobid11.jpg

Pics: Pistonheads/Harry Rudd/Natasha Uljanic

Zardoz

Reaction score
It seems Gordon Murray is also a Dark Verdant fan. It looks like the first road-registered GMA T.50 is in DV - and it looks stunning.

blobid0.jpg

blobid1.jpg

blobid9.jpg

blobid10.jpg

blobid11.jpg

OMG! Look at those shut lines in photo #1. LOL

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
News reporters gather at Hethel due to the commotion there.

Reporter:
“We can’t get too close to the scene as a mob has formed. Hundreds of white men wearing green and yellow are chanting…”

Protestors:
“What do we want? Pictures! When do we want them? Now.”

Reporter:
“We can’t quite make out what they are chanting but they are smiling while doing it. Oh wait here comes one of them now. What’s your name?”

@TomE:
“Hi. I’m Tom.”

Reporter:
“What’s this all about Tom?”

@TomE:
“We just want pictures.”

Reporter:
“I agree.”

emiraforum.com:
“New member ‘Reporter’ has joined the forum.”

@supersix:
“Welcome to the forum Reporter!”

Well done everyone. No pics but another member to help us chant!

#ForTheRiots

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

blobid0.jpg

blobid1.jpg

blobid9.jpg

blobid10.jpg

blobid11.jpg

What's up with that hideous windscreen wiper?! :unsure:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's up with that hideous windscreen wiper?! :unsure:
It's an interesting design. Based on the double arm within an arm, it must adjust its length as it wipes across the windshield. They bent the arms downward in the middle so the driver's forward view would be minimally affected, but chose to keep the entire assembly up above the hood line. That has to be the result of wind-tunnel testing. It would be interesting to know what they discovered that led them to design that part of the car that way.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I for one do not like this car at all. I just do not get the design. The rear end is hideous to me. It looks like some type of art project gone off the rails. I would choose the Emira over it for sure. Not based on performance but looks and a manual.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's an interesting design. Based on the double arm within an arm, it must adjust its length as it wipes across the windshield. They bent the arms downward in the middle so the driver's forward view would be minimally affected, but chose to keep the entire assembly up above the hood line. That has to be the result of wind-tunnel testing. It would be interesting to know what they discovered that led them to design that part of the car that way.
I sense that lots of over engineering has gone on here.

Perhaps they wanted an extra 2kg downforce at the front so made a front windscreen spoiler out of the wiper arms! (I’m not serious, but it wouldn’t surprise me!)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sense that lots of over engineering has gone on here.

Perhaps they wanted an extra 2kg downforce at the front so made a front windscreen spoiler out of the wiper arms! (I’m not serious, but it wouldn’t surprise me!)
Oh no, the purpose of an aero blade is to keep the wiper blade pressed down against the windshield at speed. The Emira is rated up to 180 mph so at the higher speeds (like Autobahn) if it starts to rain, the wiper will function.

My curiosity with their design is why keep the entire blade assembly up in the airstream at the base of the windshield to begin with. Usually (like on the Emira) the back of the hood is raised to cause the air to go over that assembly. The base of the windshield is normally a high pressure area, so making the air go over the wiper assembly to the windshield and over the top of the car, is a cleaner airflow, and less noisy.

Gordon Murray is a legendary designer, so I'm curious as to what he/they discovered in wind tunnel testing of their design that made them decide to leave the wiper assembly exposed like that.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another fake DV

Agree. It will be very close!

Will look fabulous in the sun and with tan leather. Downside is that you can see all the scratches already. Will be a nightmare to keep it looking like new (just like a black pack roof).

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect this has been posted but adding in case it hasn't: