DARK VERDANT!?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Adding to this ongoing VERDANT thread. Some from the driving academy site, and then same with my editing to change wheels and/or caliper color:

View attachment 5656

View attachment 5657

View attachment 5658

View attachment 5659

View attachment 5660
For what it’s worth, Lotus customer care UK confirmed through an email that the recent pictures on their driving academy site are of DV.

I was quiet impressed by their response time and the fact that they even entertained my question.

Justhe1

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, Lotus customer care UK confirmed through an email that the recent pictures on their driving academy site are of DV.

I was quiet impressed by their response time and the fact that they even entertained my question.
Well on the face of its I'm glad I'm not going completely mad then (until proven wrong again..!)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

They have been wrong before!

#fortheshadow

DSC00561-scaled2.jpg

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its 100% shadow. Just look at the colour of the Hethel Factory.

Actual Hethel factory photo (yep its grey):
hethel-factory.png

Lotus Academy photo (The Hethel factory is green!):
dv with driver guy.jpg

Adjusted photo:
dv with driver guy2.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You went too far; biased everything too much towards blue. The caliper is barely red, the corner of the tail light is now orange, and his shoes are hardly even brown.
Adjust your monitor! :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding! Its a quick hack so not perfect, but the factory is now grey as it should be as is the car!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Adjust your monitor! :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding! Its a quick hack so not perfect, but the factory is now grey as it should be as is the car!
Not blaming you. Unfortunately this looks like one of those cheesy cell phone HDR images. They screw up the saturation and color balance in favor of trying to give it a dramatic high-contrast, and unfortunately pretty much destroy the overall color accuracy. If you try and fix one area, everything else gets even worse because of what the HDR algorithm in a cell phone does to the image.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's my attempt to adjust it.

The original definitely has a greenish-gray caste to it.
dv with driver guy.jpg

Adjusted for the clouds to get them white, but the original photo doesn't seem to have much yellow spectrum data in it.
dv with driver guy copy.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All of this just contributes to the argument that Dark Verdant is special. Scientifically, it is also the fastest and most comfortable of the 6 First Edition colors.
Must also add to the argument that DV owners are dillusional? 🤣

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think @virtualmacho has it right. DV cars fly under the radar, while cars like Magma and Hethel attract radar. Overall DV cars are faster than Magma and Hethel cars, because those cars spend more time on the side of the road after being pulled over by the police.

Nimbus cars aren't as fast as DV, not because they can't be, but because they're trying to blend in. Driving fast would make them stand out.

Shadow Gray cars are almost as fast as DV cars, except they tend to slow down when going through shadows... some kind of self-identity thing.

Now Seneca cars are special, but being blue, they tend to be moody; so on an overcast day they slow down. In the bright sunshine they do well, although they like to socialize, so stop a lot to chat with others. They like lots of praise and the comfort of affirmation hugs.

As for DV cars being more comfortable... not sure on that one. DV cars are for the drivers, so their focus is on the road. DV owners do appreciate proper etiquette however, and will cheerfully wave at every other color Emira as they pass them by.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think @virtualmacho has it right. DV cars fly under the radar, while cars like Magma and Hethel attract radar. Overall DV cars are faster than Magma and Hethel cars, because those cars spend more time on the side of the road after being pulled over by the police.

Nimbus cars aren't as fast as DV, not because they can't be, but because they're trying to blend in. Driving fast would make them stand out.

Shadow Gray cars are almost as fast as DV cars, except they tend to slow down when going through shadows... some kind of self-identity thing.

Now Seneca cars are special, but being blue, they tend to be moody; so on an overcast day they slow down. In the bright sunshine they do well, although they like to socialize, so stop a lot to chat with others. They like lots of praise and the comfort of affirmation hugs.

As for DV cars being more comfortable... not sure on that one. DV cars are for the drivers, so their focus is on the road. DV owners do appreciate proper etiquette however, and will cheerfully wave at every other color Emira as they pass them by.

WTF has my original thread evolved into ahaha!!! :p

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Adjusted for the clouds to get them white, but the original photo doesn't seem to have much yellow spectrum data in it.
View attachment 5780
I think they pulled all the yellow out of the shot selectively, because their web UI uses yellow as an action color on buttons and the center caps were distracting in the high contrast super warm color filter they chose for the scene. Note that the caps are essentially white/monochrome. They edited it out because of the bottom left accessibility button, I think:

1652974414637.png

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Anyone else find themselves scrolling through their photos and thinking they’re actually on this forum?

Anyone else show their friend or significant other the pics and have them ask questions about why the same photo keeps getting changed along with the possible (or impossible) validity of the pics?

No? Just me? Cool. Cool. ;)

#ForThePics

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure if this video has already been posted in the thread... but hopefully this is new/useful to some of you:

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had my call this morning, sounds like I'm now due in August. They confirmed that the pics on the Driving Academy page are indeed DV. So ignore absolutely everything I've said, I have no idea what I'm on about it seems...

They did say that they'd release full pictures of all colours, without filters, in studio lighting by the end of next week. Sounds like they've had a big old photo shoot, I'll believe it when I see it mind you.

Another fake DV pic for giggles.
LOT-Line-5458.jpg