Current Lotus Owners on the Forum?

Lotus Owner or new to Lotus?

• Total voters

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It took two years of hunting. My frame used to belong to Chris Boardman’s mechanic. He had added modern components and I wanted to do an original (1990s) restoration.

Spent another year tracking down New Old Stock and lightly used parts all over the world: Australia, Hungary, Germany, US, France as well as UK. It’s built up to the same spec as Boardman used for the World Championships in 1994.

These days it’s slightly easier to find them, as we started a Lotus Sport 110 Owners Club a few years ago and have now traced about 145 of the 250 frames. The club usually knows about bikes being offered for sale.

Although these bikes are 25+ years old and rare, many of us ride them and they’re still competitive. I ride mine a few times a year on closed circuits. My daughter is also now tall enough and fast enough that she’ll be racing it in a couple of time trials this year.
I still remember watching the rate at which Boardman caught and ripped past his minute man in the TdF prologue. Looked like the poor guy was in reverse! I’m more MTB XCM focussed these days and am wondering if it will be possible to run the Emira as an only car. I recall a race some years ago - I had a Thule on a 911 and parked next to an Elise carrying an MTB. Seeing that was cool.

Sadly I am nursing a spectacular collection of fractures and am probably the only forum member hoping for the delayed release of test drives. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: AGP

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I still remember watching the rate at which Boardman caught and ripped past his minute man in the TdF prologue. Looked like the poor guy was in reverse! I’m more MTB XCM focussed these days and am wondering if it will be possible to run the Emira as an only car. I recall a race some years ago - I had a Thule on a 911 and parked next to an Elise carrying an MTB. Seeing that was cool.

Sadly I am nursing a spectacular collection of fractures and am probably the only forum member hoping for the delayed release of test drives. 😂
Ouch!

That TdF prologue was a masterclass. He set a record that day which stood for over 20 years.

I’ve used my Evora to transport bikes in the back, which causes a few raised eyebrows at events. Helps that I’m short so have a smaller bike frame and the car seat a long way forward. Not sure I’ll manage it with the Emira, it may still be an option.

I can confirm you can stick a bike on the roof of a Lotus…
lotus110_1920x1080-1-jpg.170

PhilCP

Reaction score
Previously had a 111R Elise
Currently got a VX220 Turbo that i'll be keeping. Getting harder to find nice ones and prices are on the way up.

Reactions: AGP

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
more importantly how did you get it to stand upright for the photo without any visible means of support?
This was taken for an article in a cycling magazine. You’d assume there was some kind of support they edited out afterwards.

But no, the photographer had me stand just out of shot on the right and let go of the bike for a second while he took the picture. I had to do it about 10 times. Very nerve-wracking!

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira for me is my first car bought from new! Really excited

Years ago I thought that I will never would buy a car new one

I was that kind of person defending buying cars with 2-3 years from second hand 😅

But I think emira will hold value and is not a just random car lossing 20% value during first year