Current Lotus Owners on the Forum?

Lotus Owner or new to Lotus?

• Total voters

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many on the forum are currently or a previous Lotus owner? I'm curious how many new buyers the Emira will attract to the brand. It's amazing the amount of positive comments I've see on various websites and youtube discussions.

Russc

Reaction score
Hi, new here :) Had a M100 for a few years and an Elise for 6 months. Have been lotus less for the last few years so following this one with interest.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi, new here :) Had a M100 for a few years and an Elise for 6 months. Have been lotus less for the last few years so following this one with interest.
Is there a good story why you only had the Elise for 6 months?

Reactions: AGP
OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing interesting, just at nearly 6`3" i got bored trying to get in and out without crawling across the floor :)
That's where I really hope the Emira shines. From the current "first impressions" video, the cabin appears to provide a decent amount of space and looks easier to get in and out of.

Jackal

Reaction score
I've owned my Elise for a few years now and have never really looked at replacing it with any other cars... until Emira. While the rawness of the Elise is something I adore, I have also grown to want some of the creature comforts to go with it.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Nothing interesting, just at nearly 6`3" i got bored trying to get in and out without crawling across the floor :)
I know what you mean! I've folded myself into a couple of Elises and it's certainly something you have to get used to or else you can look pretty silly.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I've owned my Elise for a few years now and have never really looked at replacing it with any other cars... until Emira. While the rawness of the Elise is something I adore, I have also grown to want some of the creature comforts to go with it.
It sure looks like they have gotten the best of both worlds with the Emira. I can't wait to see for myself!

Reaction score
The Emira will be my 10th Lotus. Currently have Evora 400 auto, which will be replaced by the Emira. Also have a Elise 250 Cup

Last edited:

WAX3D

Reaction score
How many on the forum are currently or a previous Lotus owner? I'm curious how many new buyers the Emira will attract to the brand. It's amazing the amount of positive comments I've see on various websites and youtube discussions.
1. MK1 Elise
2.Mk1 Elise sport 160
3.Mk1 Exige
4.Mk1 Elise 111s undergoing a Honda conversion
Rob

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
1. MK1 Elise
2.Mk1 Elise sport 160
3.Mk1 Exige
4.Mk1 Elise 111s undergoing a Honda conversion
Rob
Nice! Are you putting a K20 in your Elise?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I owned a 1977 Lotus eclat for a few years when i was 20 (see my intro thread for photos). It was quite luxurious for its day (although slightly ratty by the time it was mine!) so I missed out the whole lean, light, but harder to live with elise period!

If all the feedback so far is to be believed, and there is no reason to think otherwise, this will be the most complete car Lotus have ever made - by some margin.

Is that not just exactly what we've all been waiting for?! I'll be letting the Vantage go and possibly the old 911 too - both great cars to benchmark the emira against - so it has it's work cut out but I think it will easily come out on top.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi , yes undergoing k20 as we speak .
Rob
Yeah, buddy! Are you going to keep it civil and leave it N/A or go HAM and do forced induction?

WAX3D

Reaction score
Yeah, buddy! Are you going to keep it civil and leave it N/A or go HAM and do forced induction?
Well I bought a damaged exige that I took the engine out of ,bit had a rotrax supercharger on , but I'm not using it on the advise of the guys at Maidstone sportscars . They used to use them but now they turbo charge them . I'm sticking with n/a for now . Looking forward to getting it back .
Rob

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Well I bought a damaged exige that I took the engine out of ,bit had a rotrax supercharger on , but I'm not using it on the advise of the guys at Maidstone sportscars . They used to use them but now they turbo charge them . I'm sticking with n/a for now . Looking forward to getting it back .
Rob
Now that's a twist I wasn't expecting! Those K20s are pretty rowdy so I'm sure it will have plenty of pop n/a, but if not, sounds like you can easily turbo it.

WAX3D

Reaction score
Now that's a twist I wasn't expecting! Those K20s are pretty rowdy so I'm sure it will have plenty of pop n/a, but if not, sounds like you can easily turbo it.
Yes plenty quick enough n/a 👍