Competitors

Slowmanriver88

Reaction score
Which new vehicles do you consider as competitors to the Emira? Anyone cross shopping other vehicles due to long delivery times?

Although the Emira is at the top of my list, I am considering the below.
1. Nissan Z
2. Toyota Supra (esp with the manual)
3. Porsche cayman/boxster
4. BMW G87 M2
5. C8 Corvette/Z06 (impossible to get without ADM)
6. Audi TT-RS (discont. 2022)

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's my list, but it's a bit all over the place...

- Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD
- Porsche 911 GT3
- Porsche 911 Carrera S w/Aero package
- Porsche Cayman GT4 (kinda, maybe not)
- Tesla Roadster II (unavailable)
- Audi R8 V10
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Corvette Z06 (deposit placed)

If I'm unhappy with the Emira there will be a lot of soul searching. I almost ordered the Huracan before the Emira reveal, so that'll probably be the winner. We'll see. My ideal car, on paper, would be the Roadster II... it would provide the supercar vibes while being completely daily drivable. Special/rare and practical.

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Which new vehicles do you consider as competitors to the Emira? Anyone cross shopping other vehicles due to long delivery times?

Although the Emira is at the top of my list, I am considering the below.
1. Nissan Z
2. Toyota Supra (esp with the manual)
3. Porsche cayman/boxster
4. BMW G87 M2
5. C8 Corvette/Z06 (impossible to get without ADM)
6. Audi TT-RS (discont. 2022)
I am also considering the Nissan Z it pretty much has the same spec as the Emira 400hp 350 torque ..with a better price tag lol but I guess it just look too simple just looks like every other car but I haven't seen it in person I hear it looks really nice up close. I'm also thinking about maintenance if I get an Emira there are not alot of dealerships I can go too but with the Z there seems to be a Nissan in every city. So I guess I'm keeping my deposit till I see both cars in person

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my list, but it's a bit all over the place...

- Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD
- Porsche 911 GT3
- Porsche 911 Carrera S w/Aero package
- Porsche Cayman GT4 (kinda, maybe not)
- Tesla Roadster II (unavailable)
- Audi R8 V10
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Corvette Z06 (deposit placed)

If I'm unhappy with the Emira there will be a lot of soul searching. I almost ordered the Huracan before the Emira reveal, so that'll probably be the winner. We'll see. My ideal car, on paper, would be the Roadster II... it would provide the supercar vibes while being completely daily drivable. Special/rare and practical.
Aren't most of those double the price?

Bit like cross shopping a tent with a mansion

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Emira wasn’t around I’d wait until I could afford a 458 Spider. If they weren’t so chuffing expensive I’ve buy one of those now although my wife would divorce me l, which would be expensive and I’d have to sell it anyway… so maybe I’ll stick to the lotus 😆

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Although it is an old model now, an Audi R8 4.2L v8 manual is very similar size/power to the V6 Emira and both are rear engined. It does rev a little higher and weighs about 100kg more. Similar to the V6 Emira, it has no particulate filter or turbos in the exhaust path so sounds pretty good too!

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Aren't most of those double the price?

Bit like cross shopping a tent with a mansion
That's the point, I thought Emira would provide good value in terms of style/exclusivity, but clearly I'm going to give up a lot in engine/performance/customization.

Everyone has their own reason for getting the car. I'm not sure I agree with your analogy. I'd argue it's more like shopping for a smaller house on a mountain ski resort or a bigger one with beach-front. They're both luxury goods that aren't your primary residence.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Although it is an old model now, an Audi R8 4.2L v8 manual is very similar size/power to the V6 Emira and both are rear engined. It does rev a little higher and weighs about 100kg more. Similar to the V6 Emira, it has no particulate filter or turbos in the exhaust path so sounds pretty good too!
I took mine out on the weekend and my son took my Exige, both great cars in different ways.
I'm not going to lie, I do wonder if I'm doing the right thing by replacing the R8 with the I4FE :unsure:, the R8 is a joy.
I may realistically end up keeping what I have, I have a good few months to fight it out with myself:D

IMG-20220508-WA0003.jpg

20220508_094645.jpg

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Very tempted to go Cayman 4.0 GTS. Superb package, especially that engine.
Never had a Porsche but the Cayman 4.0 GTS surely gets some good reviews.
I suppose the one advantage with the Emira is that they will unlikely be face lifting the car like Porsche does regularly, making the Emira a Timeless classic in the same way as other Lotus models are regarded.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Never had a Porsche but the Cayman 4.0 GTS surely gets some good reviews.
I suppose the one advantage with the Emira is that they will unlikely be face lifting the car like Porsche does regularly, making the Emira a Timeless classic in the same way as other Lotus models are regarded.
Great point plus our car will be the current model for at least 7 years or whatever it is when they retire the Emira.

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great point plus our car will be the current model for at least 7 years or whatever it is when they retire the Emira.
Exacty, I look at my 18yr old Exige and it still looks strikingly good and like new and I think the Emira will be the same. This will be good news if it's a long term keeper especially.

r1lee

Reaction score
I am only cross shopping a base 911 or 911/4. But out of that list, the Cayman.

Last edited:

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If the Emira wasn’t around I’d wait until I could afford a 458 Spider. If they weren’t so chuffing expensive I’ve buy one of those now although my wife would divorce me l, which would be expensive and I’d have to sell it anyway… so maybe I’ll stick to the lotus 😆
Ah, don't... I was so close to a lowish-mileage 2014 Giallo Triplo Spider for £152k at a similar time to the Lotus deposit. The Ferrari has already gone up 10 - 15k. Wasn't my perfect spec as I really wanted the carbon back sports sears and full carbon interior package.