Come on guys, is there really any competition?

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know, i know, comparisons against other cars are handy, but let's face it, Lotus Emira vs should be:

Lotus Emira vs NEVER GETTING ONE

Lotus Emira vs YOUR NEIGHBOUR GETTING ONE BEFORE YOU

Lotus Emira vs YOUR WIFE GETTING HER WAY

Lotus Emira vs ANYTHING ELSE ON YOUR BUCKET LIST

Should I go on?

I know, i know, comparisons against other cars are handy, but let's face it, Lotus Emira vs should be:

Should I go on?

Haha, I couldn't agree more! So far the Emira just seems to check every box of the vehicle I've been looking for. Unique, Classy, Exotic, Quick, Fun, Good Tech, Under $100k, and comfortable (hopefully!)

Should I go on?
Your wife getting one before you? 😱

I'd still like Boxster 981 or 718 Spyder....
Love it have a Boxster GTS and I am on the waiting list for a 718 Spyder😊 . However if the Emira is half as good looking in person and drives brilliantly. I am done ✅ will keep the GTS

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 41
I got my money back and got this instead
621 BHP.... 0-62 3.7 Seconds and top speed 202 MPH

zoom_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL_SUPERSPORTS_W12_2DR_20.jpg

Inside looks like new, and put together so well :) Leather, quilted alcantara seat, carbon trim
zoom_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL_SUPERSPORTS_W12_2DR_1.jpg

For me there's lots of competition. I can buy flashier cars for less and better performing cars for much less. I can buy a new gr86, a rental property and have 30k to spend tracking it. I can buy a Porsche that will be more reliable, hold it's value better, be a much better dealership experience all while being much faster. If you are set on a "mid engine" car with a manual then I guess options get less abundant. I say mid engine in quotes because the Evora and Emira have the same weight distribution as a 911 and the engine is pretty much right on top of the rear axel

I'd still like Boxster 981 or 718 Spyder....

987 Spyder was the best the later ones grew fat, put on weight and lost hydraulic steering oh and got leggy gearing.

Trust me I’ve driven all three and I went with the 987 Spyder the big big difference is the steering and size of car the 987 is just the ultimate car for a British road. The 981 is just meh but sounds good and the 718 only really shines on track where it’s very good.

987 Spyder was the best the later ones grew fat, put on weight and lost hydraulic steering oh and got leggy gearing.

Trust me I’ve driven all three and I went with the 987 Spyder the big big difference is the steering and size of car the 987 is just the ultimate car for a British road. The 981 is just meh but sounds good and the 718 only really shines on track where it’s very good.
I know, but I really struggle to get past how good the 981 looks and sounds 😆

For me there's lots of competition. I can buy flashier cars for less and better performing cars for much less. I can buy a new gr86, a rental property and have 30k to spend tracking it. I can buy a Porsche that will be more reliable, hold it's value better, be a much better dealership experience all while being much faster. If you are set on a "mid engine" car with a manual then I guess options get less abundant. I say mid engine in quotes because the Evora and Emira have the same weight distribution as a 911 and the engine is pretty much right on top of the rear axel
One of the problems with Porsches is that they are as ubiquitous as Corvettes, ten in every parking lot. To non porschephiles, they are unremarkable looking cars that pretty much all look the same.

I looked into 987 and 981s years ago. Most of my reading suggested 981s were the better buy due to improvements and engine scoring. Obviously you'd disagree with the 'improvement' side of things. But have you experienced any of the scoring?
Not planning on getting one instead of Emira, just my idle curiosity!

Where do you live that you can get a rental property for $40k? I mean sure, I could go buy a $40 property, but the location will be not ideal (to put it mildly). Also, the condition…? I’ve tried before but never managed to get squirrels or rodents to sign a lease. They always just stay for free due to the gaping holes in the roof.

And yet you are still here… just saying.

yeah I agree… I have had 5 987.2 Spyders. In my perfect world if the 987.2 Spyder had the Emira proportion (ratio of length to wheelbase to over width) it would be a jaw dropping. To me the longer front overhang and narrower wheelbase and width makes it too skinny visually. Needs some presence. The Emira is quite a bit bigger, but the combo with lower ride height looks amazing. This of course is all subjective.
Oh yep... still here, hoping the people i have got to know get there cars and enjoy them.... but seem like they all have to wait a little longer :) just saying

It looks heavy! In the states we nickname cars like this the lead sled! Does it really weigh 5000lbs?
Oh it heavy, but move well.... better than you would think..... If the Emira inside is put together aswell as the Bentley, you are on to a winner..... :)