Lotus Emira Vs Audi R8

Vroom

Reaction score
How do you guys think the Emira would stack up against an R8?

I guess if you were comparing simply by price, it would be in the range of a 2008-2010 R8.

In that case, without any hesitation I would go with the Emira!

I drive a 2010 R8 v10 manual so when I get the Emira I will let you know.
Hey Leonard, I also have 2010 V10, I don’t think it will be anything like the R8, but if it come close I’ll be super happy 👍

Have driven a RWD version of the R8 V10. It was my dream car until I drove it. It looks amazing, it’s fast and all but it lacks soul. At least in stock form.

I guess if you were comparing simply by price, it would be in the range of a 2008-2010 R8.

In that case, without any hesitation I would go with the Emira!
Interestingly, the dimensions and power of the V8 first-gen R8 are almost exactly the same as the Emira.

Ha funny! R8 is 525hp and 391 torque. I would not call that almost exactly the same.
The type 42 V8 R8 has 414hp and 317 torque. The dimensions are almost identical too, with the Emira being only 1cm narrower and 2cm lower in total height.

Source.

As I said, almost exactly the same.

The type 42 V8 R8 has 414hp and 317 torque. The dimensions are almost identical too, with the Emira being only 1cm narrower and 2cm lower in total height.

Source.

As I said, almost exactly the same.
Oh my bad I missed the V8 part. I was thinking you were crazy comparing V10 to supercharged v6. Emira is more similar to a mustang performance wise.

Oh my bad I missed the V8 part. I was thinking you were crazy comparing V10 to supercharged v6. Emira is more similar to a mustang performance wise.
I am confident the roadholding, handling, cornering and braking characteristics of the Emira will be far superior to those of any Audi or Mustang. It will be a Lotus, to start with.

I am confident the roadholding, handling, cornering and braking characteristics of the Emira will be far superior to those of any Audi or Mustang. It will be a Lotus, to start with.
Do not get me wrong I love the Emira and that is why Im buying one. I assume when you say characteristics you mean how it makes you feel and not the actual performance. When the Audi rs3 does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds the Emira really falls behind quickly. I think Audi racing pedigree speaks for it self. The mustang gt350r will probably out perform the Emira everywhere Including the track. I personally care about the overall experience which is why I put down the deposit. I’m not going to pretend the Emira is going to have some crazy perfromance numbers. It is what it is. BEAUTIFUL ok performance.

Back