Colour advice please!

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was thinking about the yellow..... but partner said she not driving round in a bruised banana :( as her money going into the car :rolleyes:
29D42F42-0DAE-4665-B6F7-10A87AABDC7F.jpeg

I took the dog for a walk yesterday. I think he may have been trying to warn me away from my yellow & tan Emira order as he went to the toilet on a discarded banana skin! 😳🍌💩

Then again, what does he know? He eats mini paint rollers! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rya

Reaction score
View attachment 3294
I took the dog for a walk yesterday. I think he may have been trying to warn me away from my yellow & tan Emira order as he went to the toilet on a discarded banana skin! 😳🍌💩

Then again, what does he know? He eats mini paint rollers! 🤷🏼‍♂️my
My first lotus was the Elise in yellow. I loved the car and the colour

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What combo are you looking at
Nimbus, silver wheels, no black pack, red calipers and then I was going red leather and then on my 3rd call when told this was my last chance to change anything (and having not seen any photos.. :cough: ) I bottled it and changed to black alcantara with red stitch #coward 😞 😓 😩 😤 😅

Rya

Reaction score
Nimbus, silver wheels, no black pack, red calipers and then I was going red leather and then on my 3rd call when told this was my last chance to change anything (and having not seen any photos.. :cough: ) I bottled it and changed to black alcantara with red stitch #coward 😞 😓 😩 😤 😅
When did you get your call. I'm still waiting on mine

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
When did you get your call. I'm still waiting on mine
Just before Xmas and had to decide on my final spec there and then. Even though they even said the new configurator and videos would be out early Jan. Wasn't the best experience commiting 80k on an unseen spec over a 4 minute phone call

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I completely agree about it being hard to choose inside/outside combinations without seeing a ‘real’ car. I love the green too which looks very classy. I have considered the DV green option but I worry that my cleaning OCD would struggle. I used to own a black F Type 400 Sport in black which was a full time job to keep looking anything like clean! View attachment 3214
Yes but when black cars are clean they shine..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK, so it'll be a while longer until calls get to you. I don't know exact timing but would guess mid/late March.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I get this a lot and always say it’s not a crisis it’s just an enthusiastic lifestyle! (Backed by evidence of enjoying unnecessary vehicles since passing my test in 1989.)

Life is for living brightly and having as much fun as possible. Nothing says that louder than a yellow (sports) car :cool:

Rya

Reaction score
OK, so it'll be a while longer until calls get to you. I don't know exact timing but would guess mid/late March.
Hi Tom do you think we will get to see the cars in action before I get my phone call ??

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think press reviews will be out around the same time, can’t be sure if it'll be before or after.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think press reviews will be out around the same time, can’t be sure if it'll be before or after.
So a month to go to press reviews. Can't wait :p

Do you know when they will actually start building the June batch of customer cars? I'm guessing early April?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, press reviews are in March - Top Gear first then all the other main ones within a few days.

Production starts on 7 March. I’m assuming they’ll build the press and dealer demo cars first and then the customer cars. They are pre-building the June delivery batch in April and May and holding them for release in June, then it’ll become a more continuous process. I’ve not had confirmation on timing of dealer demo cars, they may be held until June too.

Rya

Reaction score
Yes, press reviews are in March - Top Gear first then all the other main ones within a few days.

Production starts on 7 March. I’m assuming they’ll build the press and dealer demo cars first and then the customer cars. They are pre-building the June delivery batch in April and May and holding them for release in June, then it’ll become a more continuous process. I’ve not had confirmation on timing of dealer demo cars, they may be held until June too.
Hi Tom, if I get my call mid/end march. When do you think I will get delivery ??

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
According to my guesstimates I reckon end July deposit will be Oct or Nov delivery. They’ve contacted people up to mid 11 July and that’s Sept. 11 July was last day of Goodwood and rate of deposits slowed after that.

It’ll depend partly on the split between UK, EU, US and ROW for Oct onwards, which isn’t clear yet. Plus they may get 2nd shift running sooner than January.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What it boils down to gentleman is this.....you go with lighter, brighter vibrant colors like yellow, orange lime green etc if you are really hungry for attention. Look at me, I drive a Lotus.
On the other hand if you're not really interested in the attention but more the driving experience a Lotus sports car provides, you opt for a more subtle color choice like dark anything, black, white, silver and grey.
So you have to decide if you're an attention w**** or a distinguished gentleman.😜
After test driving the Ariel Atom I was blown away by its raw performance, so I bought one.
I never really liked all the huge attention it brought on a daily basis.
I guess I'm really not an attention w**** after all.😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220224-120741_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220224-120741_Samsung Internet.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220224-120731_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220224-120731_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220224-120654_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220224-120654_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220224-120641_Samsung Internet.jpg