Colour advice please!

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey Mike - I’m in Kent too (between Maidstone and Tonbridge), I also had trouble deciding but then like many have suggested, went with what works for me aesthetically (limited but bold colour palette - all the yellow options.)

Go with what you like and you’ll be happy, you can’t really go wrong on that basis! Hope to see you driving about, there will be much waving 👋
Hey Pav! Thanks very much. That’s very sage advice 🙏 I’m over in Planet Thanet but regularly head all over Kent so will definitely keep an eye out & a hand at the ready 👋

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s utterly ridiculous to think they have cars sitting painted in first edition colours and people are having to play guessing games imagining what they’re shelling out close to £80k for will actually look like.

Take a couple of damn photos, Lotus!
It’s such a important decision, I think more than just me have asked directly to supply some photos of two colours the magma and nimbus and they have point blank refused which is frustrating- we are the customers spending £80m I don’t want to be second guessing ! !

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Again , gone out on a limb here !
Yellow - I think it works , especially with Black pack etc. Don’t need to be too matchy matchy .
All Porsche carbon ceramic callipers are Yellow.
The effect is a little different with a silver wheel because the yellow calipers don't stand out so much like they do with an all black wheel. Yellow calipers with the diamond cut wheels isn't a bad combination.

Blue97 1.png

Blue97 1a.png

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For me any burgundy tones and I simply could not choose that colour, it’s a sports car sorry but burgundy is for very mature people IMO. It’s like Mazda colour I’m sure many mature people love it but not for me. On the billiards ball I don’t see burgundy
Agree. If it was the deep, candy apple red that the Alfa 4C came in- sign me up!!! But burgundy red- yuck. I don’t understand who at Lotus thought that was a good idea.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Mike, great to have you joining in the conversation!

I've seen your Countach photo below and am trying to weigh what is best to say and if I thought it was nothing I would say nothing!

Here goes - if that combo means something really special to you and you like it then no matter what anyone else (including me!) says you should go for it. It does however sound like you are unsure and possibly conflicted?

As an artist and signwriter used to working with colours I don't find yellow and tan sit well together. I did a quick search online and none of the examples I saw felt right. Tan will go really well with every other Emira colour except Seneca, which is marginal as the blue is a bit too light for it to work for me. Mid or deep blue with tan - knockout! I am going tan and Dark Verdant - a bit obvious possibly but that is because it works so well.

Magma and tan - lovely!

If I was going Hethel yellow I'd go black interior with the yellow contrast stitch - this says sports car, classic combo - and Lotus! (I've written this then realised it was your other spec!)

The tricky thing with colours is you have emotion, opinion and the fact that people perceive colours differently - but then you also have colour theory about contrasting and complimentary colours, which is a recognised science (just ask Russell Carr and his team!)

As I mentioned, I wrestled with saying anything at all but it was your uncertainty that prompted me to share my thoughts - I'd hate you to go for a spec that you remained forever a bit unsure about, which is where I thought you may be heading. BUT if YOU love it and you are sure and the opinion of others (including me!) is not a factor for you then follow your heart, absolutely.

I hope that is helpful, please don't see it as negative as it is certainly not intended that way.
It’s your dream and your choice. Follow your heart/gut. You are going to wake up and drive it and park it at night. You should do it satisfied & happy.

I have a GT silver Porsche GTS with a Pumpkin orange interior, 5 years. Loving it every day. Looking forward to doing the same with the Emira.

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s your dream and your choice. Follow your heart/gut. You are going to wake up and drive it and park it at night. You should do it satisfied & happy.

I have a GT silver Porsche GTS with a Pumpkin orange interior, 5 years. Loving it every day. Looking forward to doing the same with the Emira.
Great advice! Thanks. Loving the sound of your pumpkin orange GTS. I miss the orange duotone interior on my Crossfire. I owned her 11 years & she never stopped feeling special, which I suppose is how my heart/gut feels about the yellow & tan Emira.
EAB9098E-D38C-44C2-BBB6-DC78DB596F6B.jpeg

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else would be brave enough ! I have gone Yellow , full Black pack , Tan interior , Silver wheels. This combination definitely works and is what this exotic looking car deserves . July delivery.
Just found this Ferrari mood board…
Yellow ✅
Tan ✅ (perhaps a bit more brown)
Black ✅
Silver ✅
Exotic ✅
Happy ✅😁

Attachments

• 1B1E058E-4F27-49AA-B282-0EC736A9985C.jpeg
    1B1E058E-4F27-49AA-B282-0EC736A9985C.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 65

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m a long time forum reader, first time writer. Firstly a huge thanks to everybody for all your posts, which have been massively helpful throughout. It goes without saying, but special mention to @TomE & @Eagle7 for feeding my Emira addiction with expert level support & beautiful renders!

I placed my first deposit on July 14th & I’m getting excited about my 3rd phone call hence my first post.

I live in Kent, England where we have a good mix of scenic coastal drives & twisty country lanes.

I’m currently driving a Porsche Cayman 718 T which is an absolute pleasure but, like so many of us on here, I fell head over heels for the Emira’s curves so will be parting company with the Cayman. I suppose in this regard I am Lotus’s target audience.

My initial order was…
  • Manual V6
  • Touring
  • Hethel yellow
  • Black alcantara yellow stitch
  • Full black pack
  • Black wheels
  • Red brakes
However, since the new & much improved configurator, I have since called Lotus (who were very helpful) & changed my order to…
  • Manual V6
  • Touring
  • Magma red
  • Tan leather
  • Lower black pack
  • Black wheels
  • Yellow brakes
The magma has certainly grown on me since the online configurator was updated, but I’m still a bit worried about changing to red after holding the magma paint sample in my hand during my roadshow visit to B&C. It seemed a bit too burgundy back then for my liking? Hopefully we’ll get to see actual photos/videos of all six paint colours soon! 🤞🏼

The more I’ve thought about the car (there has been a lot of thinking!!!) the more I’ve decided that the tan interior is the most important thing for me. So my question is, would the tan leather interior go with the Hethel yellow exterior with full black pack?

I keep coming back to this as my ideal configuration but it is, perhaps, a bit ‘out there 70s retro vibe’ so I might need to stick on some flares & play the Bee Gees loud through the KEF speakers (which have been made here in Kent)! 🕺🏼

I recently chatted with the helpful folks at B&C to ask their opinion. They said that the Hethel yellow, full black pack & tan interior is definitely something which has grown on them & they think it will work, but is obviously a personal choice.

I’ve been looking at photos online for reference & have found a very funky image of a yellow 70s Lamborghini Countach with a tan leather interior. It looks amazing, which has not helped with my indecision dilemma! 😬

I’ve tried to attach the photo of the yellow & tan Countach, but I’m afraid I’m a bit of a technophobe so haven’t been able to work out how to do it so any help would be much appreciated. 🙏

Thanks again to you all. Here’s to feeding our collective Emira addictions! 🥳
It's certainly one of the toughest decisions isnt it? And judging by the numerous pages on this thread I presume this board has been helpful in (pick 1) helping you decide/confusing you more...
I'll offer one more consideration:
Choose yellow-- its the faster color

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's certainly one of the toughest decisions isnt it? And judging by the numerous pages on this thread I presume this board has been helpful in (pick 1) helping you decide/confusing you more...
I'll offer one more consideration:
Choose yellow-- its the faster color
27C990E1-3C49-472A-9A79-1236EB2CCA65.jpeg

It sure is a tricky decision & no amount of visualising via Google image searching can beat the reassurance of seeing the six FE Emira colours for real.

I think you’re right about yellow. My 718 is the first time I’ve owned a yellow car. It never fails to make me smile & it looks great IMO even when dirty!

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
9772BAC5-20FF-477E-B5C0-483221CA2F12.jpeg

I’m so I’m glad I’m waiting for the i4, so plenty of time to decide still. Was in the Dark Verdant camp, but increasingly heading towards brighter colours. Nimbus looks amazing with black pick and Ran interior……… might jump ship to the Nimbus Camp. Yellow is my other choice to consider….. although I don’t think my personality suits Yellow…… even thou it looks stunning and very heritage Lotus!

Attachments

• DA12CC07-92CA-4E26-9F16-A476034B685E.jpeg
    DA12CC07-92CA-4E26-9F16-A476034B685E.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 3277
I’m so I’m glad I’m waiting for the i4, so plenty of time to decide still. Was in the Dark Verdant camp, but increasingly heading towards brighter colours. Nimbus looks amazing with black pick and Ran interior……… might jump ship to the Nimbus Camp. Yellow is my other choice to consider….. although I don’t think my personally suits Yellow…… even thou it looks stunning and very heritage Lotus!
I think both the DV and Nimbus look stunningly classy with the tan leather so you can't go wrong! I hope your wait for the i4 flies by

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was leaning yellow, then my 20 something daughter with a degree in design says “Dad, yellow is old man corvette color”. Now I might get the yellow one just to piss her off.

R/kidsarestupid. :mad::cry::unsure::oops::rolleyes::cool:(y):coffee:

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was leaning yellow, then my 20 something daughter with a degree in design says “Dad, yellow is old man corvette color”. Now I might get the yellow one just to piss her off.

There was a beautiful yellow TR6 that would go blasting past my bus stop each morning when I was a kid. I have loved yellow sports cars ever since! I bought a Miata in Sunburst yellow, new in 1992, just because of that TR6. I say go with what you want- you’ll be the one driving it. Besides, no matter what color you go with they’ll be no hiding that you’re an “old man”! 🤣

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

That's what I call practical parenting and a lesson for your daughter in influencing skills! Nice one.

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There was a beautiful yellow TR6 that would go blasting past my bus stop each morning when I was a kid. I have loved yellow sports cars ever since! I bought a Miata in Sunburst yellow, new in 1992, just because of that TR6. I say go with what you want- you’ll be the one driving it. Besides, no matter what color you go with they’ll be no hiding that you’re an “old man”! 🤣
As my neighbour said to me when I bought my current car - “I suppose if you’re gonna have a midlife crisis, you might as well do it in yellow!” 🟡⚠️💛
Sadly, it still hasn’t stopped my French friends telling me I’m driving round in a La Poste Porsche van!
86321E94-E703-4C76-8556-B7C3BA43F6CE.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My wife calls the colour I’ve chosen MId Life Crisis Yellow. My daughters just do that eye roll thing teenagers do as part of a mostly non-verbal approach to communication :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
My wife calls the colour I’ve chosen MId Life Crisis Yellow. My daughters just do that eye roll thing teenagers do as part of a mostly non-verbal approach to communication :)
I'd never considered yellow on a car before. Then I bought a 700 pound Skoda Fabia in yellow as a runaround and genuinely 💛 fell for it 😂 Sold it to a guy at work and I look longingly at it every time he drives past in it like he's with a much loved EX or something 🙈
Almost pulled the trigger on a yellow Emira, but can't quite do it, because of the cost predominantly (daft/weird I know). I do know that Yellow Emira in China looked absolutely STUNNING though and I'm going to be really jealous seeing them around. Enjoy 🤩

Rya

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else would be brave enough ! I have gone Yellow , full Black pack , Tan interior , Silver wheels. This combination definitely works and is what this exotic looking car deserves . July delivery.
Hi I've gone yellow with red calipers and red leather interior.

OP
EmiraMike

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I teach communication skills in healthcare education & can confirm that non-verbal eye rolling should be avoided (unless you are a teenager of course) 🤣

On the other hand, embracing a midlife crisis with a splash of yellow is hugely therapeutic! 💆‍♂️