• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Chip & tune the s/c V6 - Possible?

Quantas66

Reaction score
Just wondering. I think if you can get the power up near the 500hp range you'd be in the sub 4 sec zone. Only if its worth it of course...

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Quite a few threads on this.

No - the clutch probably will not be able to handle it in terms of hp range. In regards to getting the car in sub 4.0 , yes that should be possible without needing 500hp.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just wondering. I think if you can get the power up near the 500hp range you'd be in the sub 4 sec zone. Only if its worth it of course...
Nope. Needs exhaust, headers, tune, intake and you'll maybe get 470hp. Very pricey to do so.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The transmission is the weak point in the V6 setup and you don't really want to push past 500 with the stock box. Tunes and bolt-ons don't really add much power either IMO. The cost per HP just isn't worth it. Enjoy the smooth powerband, precise handling, and exclusiveness. If you want big numbers and big power, look elsewhere.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the evora gt is listed as 0-60 in 3.8 seconds (motortrend tested at 4.0 seconds though), listed curb weight is 3175 lbs and the emira lightest version is supposed to be 3097 lbs, so I think all this concern about the listed 0-60 is kinda pointless. It can't be that different when the drivetrain is the same essentially.