Caterham EV

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, far too many people crowded around it to get any decent pics when I was there in the afternoon unfortunately. That colour (same as in the PH article) does look very nice in the flesh though.
Agreed, but would you spend £80 plus getting it on the road or an emira for around the same price, it’s pretty but seeing it today there is no comparison, go look at the grey mclaren on there stand by the house, then compare between the two, Emira half the price at least

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed, but would you spend £80 plus getting it on the road or an emira for around the same price, it’s pretty but seeing it today there is no comparison, go look at the grey mclaren on there stand by the house, then compare between the two, Emira half the price at least
Oh absolutely agree, Emira ‘wins’ the looks competition by a country mile

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very cool walk-around video of the Caterham V from a couple of weeks ago. I have to say after seeing it on video, WOW — this car has some great angles! Also, they're targeting for the production version to come in under 1,200 kg (~200 kg lighter than the current Emira), which would make it an interesting competitor for the Type 135 come 2026!

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very cool walk-around video of the Caterham V from a couple of weeks ago. I have to say after seeing it on video, WOW — this car has some great angles! Also, they're targeting for the production version to come in under 1,200 kg (~200 kg lighter than the current Emira), which would make it an interesting competitor for the Type 135 come 2026!

Love the digital dials!

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I dont see myself ever buying an EV sports car. I want to FEEL it, HEAR it, change gears MYSELF. the steady rise of volume as you climb the revs is intoxicating.

it does look decent tho my only interest in EVs is for comfort, luxury, commuter cars

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wait it's pronounced Kay-Tram? I've been calling it Kat-Er-Ham.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not a fan of the dustbuster mouth on this (or the MC20). The rear lights are also a bit underdone… although I can appreciate where they’re coming from.

Overall, a nice looking vehicle, but not a touch on the Emira.

IMG_0206.jpeg

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s definitely future retro styling. The front while weird is a nod to the 7 nose. Given the lines in the bumper I think they should have committed and taken that line through the whole side of the car- would have very strong Ferrari vibes with that design. Either way oddly I think this car will look amazing with livery.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The English usually "clip" the ham and don't fully pronounce it. So it's Notting'em not Nottingham. And the same with Caterham . . . usually pronounced Kay'trem
Interesting about the er of our ways.
So Lotus was formerly Lot-er-us, but then they added
lightness?

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
alongside an i4 emira deposit and one for a new TVR, that deposit would give you the full compendium of excuses