• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Carbon fiber bits

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Added you!

1. silent cilantro
2. Golden Parrot
3. virtualmacho
4. Maurice R

Once we get all 10, they will send us a link so we can pay directly through their site.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. silent cilantro
2. Golden Parrot
3. virtualmacho
4. Maurice R
5. motorpool

5 to go!

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. silent cilantro
2. Golden Parrot
3. virtualmacho
4. Maurice R
5. motorpool
6. scarzie

4 to go! Get in folks before they're all gone!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can anybody who has an Emira weigh the engine cover? I'd be interested to know how much it weighs, and what the weight savings might be with a CF cover.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think there is going to be much of a difference to be honest, those plastic trim pieces are pretty light and flimsy. I would consider this more of a cosmetic upgrade that is a few grams lighter. Not enough to matter.

WarriorHockey2266

Reaction score
Can anybody who has an Emira weigh the engine cover? I'd be interested to know how much it weighs, and what the weight savings might be with a CF cover.
It depends on the layup and how much CF they use also. It could have any variation of weight really. Same thing with the cover it depends how thick it it’s right now.

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. silent cilantro
2. Golden Parrot
3. virtualmacho
4. Maurice R
5. motorpool
6. scarzie
7. D Vyzis (fb group)

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. silent cilantro
2. Golden Parrot
3. virtualmacho
4. Maurice R
5. motorpool
6. scarzie
7. D Vyzis (fb group)
8. BobbyG

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you're interested in weight saving, I'd forget about the engine cover as the standard one is really pretty light. The rear diffuser on the other hand is ridiculously heavy. It is made of chunky plastic rather than aluminium and has a thick layer of insulation on top to stop it melting with the exhaust heat. I'd imagine there could be some meaningful kgs to be saved there and even more if someone comes up with a carbon tailgate like the Evora 410. Besides, louvres remind me of a Miura so they must be cool :)

image_c3f53c14-fd5f-455c-82d7-4343086a2f4b.jpg

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you're interested in weight saving, I'd forget about the engine cover as the standard one is really pretty light. The rear diffuser on the other hand is ridiculously heavy. It is made of chunky plastic rather than aluminium and has a thick layer of insulation on top to stop it melting with the exhaust heat. I'd imagine there could be some meaningful kgs to be saved there and even more if someone comes up with a carbon tailgate like the Evora 410. Besides, louvres remind me of a Miura so they must be cool :)

image_c3f53c14-fd5f-455c-82d7-4343086a2f4b.jpg
This is our carbon fiber tailgate for Evora:)

P.S We will have Emira v6 and 2.0 1:1 replacements engines cover with pre-preg carbon fiber autoclaved composite launch end of November without deposit needed 👍🏻❤️ …

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the info! We can definitely wait for pricing and pictures on that before making any purchase with Jogon. I don't have any loyalty towards them. Was just trying to get them to make something I know a lot of people want.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the info! We can definitely wait for pricing and pictures on that before making any purchase with Jogon. I don't have any loyalty towards them. Was just trying to get them to make something I know a lot of people want.
Thank you for your kind support. We specialize in manufacturing carbon fiber parts and performance upgrades for Lotus cars, leveraging our extensive experience in the field. Over the years, we have dedicated ourselves to developing parts for the Emira V6, Evora, and Exige V6, using our own development cars. This firsthand experience has allowed us to understand and uphold the highest standards of quality, fitment, and weight reduction.