Cancelled my i4 Emira

r1lee

Reaction score
Hi All,
so i cancelled my deposit for an i4 Emira. We needed another car immediately due to my kids intense swimming schedule. Having 4 cars at home between the two of us and an Emira coming would make no sense. Since we picked up a used BMW X2, I decided that it would best to go Electric for the next sports car (Electrified Cayman?).

But I've been driving my 5 speed BMW Z3 2.8L lately and oh boy, do I miss driving stick. In the sense, i'm glad I cancelled the i4 version, as I may now wait and see how well the V6 Emira does in the used market after a couple of years. Not sure if its Nostalgia, but definitely would rather get a V6 manual over an i4 at the moment.

Anyhow good luck to all and maybe will swing by if i can find a V6 down the road.

I too had a 2.8 Z3 back in 1998 great car. I've deliberately been driving our manual Freelander more than my normal DCT BMW to get used to changing gears again. Good luck with the X2.

I too had a 2.8 Z3 back in 1998 great car. I've deliberately been driving our manual Freelander more than my normal DCT BMW to get used to changing gears again. Good luck with the X2.

The X2 is just for getting to and from swimming. (we're estimated to put around 200km or 120mile a day) between both kids. When i drove the Z3 about a month ago (it's been sitting at my parents for years). I did not enjoy it, seat was small, things falling apart, manual was feeling weird. Now after a couple of drives, it's all coming back to me :)

i have a 1998 Z3 2.8L Dakar yellow (# 30 of 40 limited production)

The X2 is just for getting to and from swimming. (we're estimated to put around 200km or 120mile a day) between both kids.

i have a 1998 Z3 2.8L Dakar yellow (# 30 of 40 limited production)
Mine was dark blue and tan interior.. The Z3 turned a lot of heads in its time.
That's some dedication with the kids, they must be good swimmers...

I'm bored with these threads now!
I think I'll take a break from here until the cars arrive and we can start talking about how great they are?
See you in 2023 ????

My family had an '03 3.0L Z3 in Dakar Yellow when I was in high school. At the time, to me, few things were cooler—so much fun. We later had a Merlot Red 3.0L Z4 ('05?) - and while it was an objectively better car, it was less fun. I miss both cars.

I got out of my Emira V6 FE slot several weeks ago. When we were getting it in "Spring 2022", an impulse-purchase new toy made sense when the market was at an all-time high. Now, it's harder to justify an additional sports car (I already have a 911 S + BWM M235 (daily)). I ultimately decided that I didn't want to continue to wait for a first edition that may have some gremlins (as many do) - especially when they haven't been reviewed particularly well. I wonder if I'd feel different if it didn't appear to be underpowered.

Additionally, I'm concerned with the direction Geely will take Lotus in. Less about finding success with an electric SUV (which makes complete sense as that's where the market is going) but more with what's to come with service, parts and/or warranty support. And the existing dealer network.

With that said, I want the car to be fucking awesome, and I want to regret my decision immediately - forcing me to drive to the nearest dealer (and/or Cars.com) to overpay on the secondhand market out of FOMO. I applaud Lotus' last ICE effort and very much want to see them succeed.