Best photo of DV yet - and some others!

eclat2emira

Reaction score
Hi, someone posted on FB about the drivers academy and this image really caught my eye - DV has never looked better! (It actually looks GREEN and it's not even bright sunlight :love: )

DV in daylight.png

This is one of Lotus's own images and this section of the site has great shots of Hethel and Magma too - visit: https://www.lotuscars.com/sv-SE/driving-academy/a-taste-of-lotus/

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Reaction score
OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Reaction score
Definitely edited
I'm not sure, As per my commenti think sunlight and possible exposure, plus the effect of the metallic lighting up could be causing that.

The other front 3/4 shot - i saw that car in that position quite possibly the same day and that is how it looked, the red deep and darkish. Same in the factory in a poorly lit area.

All the metallic FE colours seem to be very sensitive to light, either lightening or darkening much more than a solid colour would.

Racer X

Reaction score
look at that sky, the image tone is a bit funky - certainly not straight from the camera, seems saturation / vibrance has been boosted
Agreed- Saturation, vibrancy, black point and contrast all bumped.

Eagle7

Reaction score
Agreed- Saturation, vibrancy, black point and contrast all bumped.
It looks like a cell phone HDR image which is always over-saturated and over-contrasted. It usually crushes the blacks and mis-represents the mid-ranges which is why I don't like that setting.

To do a proper HDR image you'd need 3 cameras; one each for brights, mids and shadows, and all 3 would have to shoot simultaneously then the imaging processor composite them using an algorithm of some kind to bring out the best of each of those ranges in a single image.

Doing all of that with a single camera imaging array just doesn't work very well in my opinion. The effect doesn't look realistic at all, and sticks out like a sore thumb.

PaulP

Reaction score
It looks like a cell phone HDR image which is always over-saturated and over-contrasted. It usually crushes the blacks and mis-represents the mid-ranges which is why I don't like that setting.

To do a proper HDR image you'd need 3 cameras; one each for brights, mids and shadows, and all 3 would have to shoot simultaneously then the imaging processor composite them using an algorithm of some kind to bring out the best of each of those ranges in a single image.

Doing all of that with a single camera imaging array just doesn't work very well in my opinion. The effect doesn't look realistic at all, and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Well a single camera taking multiple images very rapidly at different exposures will produce proper HDR – but I get what you’re saying a single captured image cannot do HDR it’s just a bullshit label

Eagle7

Reaction score
Well a single camera taking multiple images very rapidly at different exposures will produce proper HDR – but I get what you’re saying a single captured image cannot do HDR it’s just a bullshit label
Yeah it's SUPPOSED to work like that, at least that's what marketing speak says, but in real use it just doesn't quite deliver.