DARK VERDANT!?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I like how people in the U.K. tend to somewhat dress up more for things. Maybe it's because it's generally colder there, but you rarely see people showing up for events in flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt. It just seems more fashionable to me. I noticed the same thing for the Melbourne showing, most of the men were wearing sports coats and slacks, or at least dressy casual. Looked a lot more like an upscale event. Must be a cultural thing I guess.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In the same vain, I've changed the colour palette of the lotus pics, who knows if it looks real, it definitely looks less overdone to me at least. Original bottom for reference
DSC00561-scaledw.jpg
DSC00561-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've had a play with the "other" DV picture too with the tan interior, looks like shadow grey guys. Original below for reference too.
DSC00713-scaled-2.jpg
DSC00713-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok, so same as the other thread... The more I've been staring at both of these shots of "DV" the more I'm convinced they're both the same shadow grey car. FFS so close lotus, so close!

Last edited:

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Alright yeah I'm 90% sure this is Shadow, I just set light room to "auto" everything and it produced this:
Knew it was too good to be true... We still await real official Lotus DV pics! (and Nimbus too)
DSC00561-scaled-4.jpg

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But in those "corrected" pics Hethel Yellow is further away from what it looks like in real life. it's too washed out. The original is much closer.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
But in those "corrected" pics Hethel Yellow is further away from what it looks like in real life. it's too washed out. The original is much closer.
That's my doing, I thought the yellow was looking a bit intense so reduced the saturation for yellow only. Corrected now. No other individual colour saturation has been touched. It's purely tone, white balance and vibrance.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Damn shadow for looking blue, or gray, or green! I'm back to square one with less than 2 days to pick!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Found this random video of Shadow Grey-Blue-Green. Not sure why the color is sooo off in the video. Maybe we are seeing a similar effect here too 😩

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Found this random video of Shadow Grey-Blue-Green. Not sure why the color is sooo off in the video. Maybe we are seeing a similar effect here too 😩

Oh look, its Dark Verdant! :ROFLMAO:

Kenny

Reaction score
I'm conflicted - I ordered DV + silver wheels + yellow calipers - and they appear to clash with the Lotus yellow. Best to have the clashing colors, go with red, silver, ____? I wish Lotus would match their yellow...

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why is so difficult to get a nimbus emira haha

Attachments

• 2C0FE4DA-50EA-4939-8E8A-6EE352722A3F.jpeg
    2C0FE4DA-50EA-4939-8E8A-6EE352722A3F.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 131
  • DF9420FD-5517-4A2A-8808-A9089A43656D.jpeg
    DF9420FD-5517-4A2A-8808-A9089A43656D.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 118

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm conflicted - I ordered DV + silver wheels + yellow calipers - and they appear to clash with the Lotus yellow. Best to have the clashing colors, go with red, silver, ____? I wish Lotus would match their yellow...
If you’re worried about clashing colours, there was a LHD Magma car at the factory on Monday, with red leather - brave choice, but even that looked good to me

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you’re worried about clashing colours, there was a LHD Magma car at the factory on Monday, with red leather - brave choice, but even that looked good to me
What did you think of the red leather?

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What did you think of the red leather?
Really liked it - so many shades of red leather you never quite know what you’re going to get. It was lighter than oxblood, so felt modern, but not too bright, looked classy. Not sure I would spec with Magma or Hethel, but think it will work well with the other colours

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I like how people in the U.K. tend to somewhat dress up more for things. Maybe it's because it's generally colder there, but you rarely see people showing up for events in flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt. It just seems more fashionable to me. I noticed the same thing for the Melbourne showing, most of the men were wearing sports coats and slacks, or at least dressy casual. Looked a lot more like an upscale event. Must be a cultural thing I guess.
I guess it is! Our climate is certainly part of it, but definitely culture too - well you do get dressed up to go out anywhere, don't you?! Greater sense of occasion and sometimes a bit like "suiting up" for a big game - all part of the ritual.