Battery Tender?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@skydude And then did they have you release the trunk latch from the lever in the trunk?

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What they did at the dealership was this: Using a finger or screwdriver, push down on the latch as if the trunk was closing. This will close the latch, preventing the trunk from closing completely. This leaves enough room for the wire while it appears that the trunk is closed. They had to do this as my dealer had 20+ Emiras sitting, waiting for CARB approval.

I didn’t want to be fumbling with the hatch every time so I got this.

I modified a bracket someone made for an Evora so that it could be attached using one of the diffuser mounting holes.

D5066480-2511-4992-A705-4D21BEF6F126.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

Last edited:

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As a few others do, I position the mains cable to the CTEK at the side of the rear hatch and balance the charger on the supercharger cover. When the rear hatch is fully closed it still does not pinch the cable - you can even move the cable with the hatch closed.
IMG_3418.JPG

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I live in Houston. So hot and humid but when it rains it pours. I just made sure the wires are insulated properly and then added silicone for good measure.

Bracket could be modified as to protect better from the elements but for my use case this will do

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s plenty of give in the boot (trunk) seal to simply close it on the (low voltage side) Ctek cable. Just run it to one side and avoid the latch. Car can then be fully locked and alarm set to comply with insurance requirements. I use a Ctek extension cable to run to an indoor location where the charger “lives” and connects to the mains electricity supply. I’ve been doing this for years with my Evora and now with my Emira….