Anyone with experience owning/driving an F355?

NicolasB

Emira Addict
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
1,543
Media
141
Reaction score
2,486
Been my dream car for 30 years, and love that they are analog, and the styling is still great. I only put like 3k miles max on a summer car, so maybe this would be a perfect forever car with a manual transmission.

I kike that they will probably always have parts available, and aren't just all computer-based like new cars.

Would prefer targa, but Spyder would be cool to hear the engine noise more, and I wouldn't be driving it in bad weather.
 
I had one and put almost 30,000 miles on it. Surprisedly comfortable and also dependable. Two main issues: engine out service required only too frequently for a low milage driver, and the sticky goo on all the black plastic parts, which happens to pretty much every car, accelerated by chemicals and sun. I cleaned mine with oven cleaner and a rag. And if you have to go that route, there is black plastic under the coating so you don't have to recoat. I had a berlinetta, but the spiders are very attractive.
 
Begs the question: why don't you have it any longer?

I replaced it with a 360, then a 430. Got fed up with supporting Ferrari's F1 program every time I went to the service department. The cars were however as dependable as a normal car. Then went to 5 different Nissan GTRs. Now those are all gone and I have an I4, Sport, Cup2. Very impressive car. My lap times are only a few seconds slower than my 730whp GTR, and other than track rotors and pads, is completely stock. Had a GTR at both homes, now the Emira in Idaho to track at Qlispe in Spokane, and an Aston Martin Vanquish S in Florida to mostly just look at.
 
Every car I buy I end up having to spend all of my time modifying it. I like the idea of a classic like a F355 and just not really modifying it very much. Maybe an exhaust to make it sound nice, but knowing you're never going to have a ton of power out of it, and it would just be for cruising and enjoying its beauty and sound.
 
Every car I buy I end up having to spend all of my time modifying it. I like the idea of a classic like a F355 and just not really modifying it very much. Maybe an exhaust to make it sound nice, but knowing you're never going to have a ton of power out of it, and it would just be for cruising and enjoying its beauty and sound.
Mine had a Tubi exhaust when I bought it, nothing sounds better, but I definitely had earplugs in the car. I went heavy mods on most of the GTR, but the Emira with no mods is so much better. Every mod you add makes things less reliable.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top