Anyone with August first deposit in USA?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From my understanding, it's 6mo from the time your order (actual finalized order with an allocation, not deposit with the dealer) goes into Lotus's system, until the car goes into production. Then add another 4-6 weeks for transport from Hethel to the US. So the April orders will get produced in October, delivered in late-Nov/early-Dec. May orders will get produced in Nov, delivered late-Dec/early-Jan, etc.

firstlotus

Reaction score
I’m first few days in August and have had no info but was offered a FE for ADM as someone was “selling their spot.” I declined but it sucks that we have no idea whether that’s just dealer selling spots or where we are in the line. I’ve posted same before but it’s yet another part of the Lotus buying experience that has left a sour taste in my mouth.
Curious...how much over did they want...?

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone who put deposit in august in US finalized their order with Lotus yet?

I am a late August depositor and wondering when will I get the call for the final build.
Dunno about Aug. I put my deposit in on Sept 9. Looks like it's gunna be a long wait. I checked with CS at Lotus to see when my deposit might become an order and I was told "several months after receiving the deposit..." boo. We've had guys waiting up to 3 years for their cars and I'm not even in the Q yet? I sure hope things speed up with production because at 67 time becomes more of an issue. I don't have that many good driving years left and I don't want to waste 3-4 of them waiting on a car. I guess I'll keep my deposit in and stay in the Q but for the sake of sanity I'm gunna try to forget about the Emira and focus on other things. Maybe I'll find something interesting at the LA Auto Show next month?

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told I am #3 out of their 17 allocations.
Wait a minute. August of what year?

Those of us who ordered in July of 2021 were often 10th or 15th or higher in our US dealers' order list.

If you are ordering from a brand new dealer (didn't exist a year ago) then you may or may not be in the same order queue with everyone else, but I wouldn't worry too much about order finalization yet, I assume your car won't be in the build queue until late spring of next year at the earliest.

I mean let's be realistic... I placed deposit in July of 2021, finalized my order with Lotus back in April/May of 2022 and locked it in, and I won't see the car until probably May of 2023 at this point. No reason for you to be antsy if you decided in August of this year that you wanted to buy a car. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm a July 2021 depositor with the last FE allocation but my dealer has not contacted me to lock in my spec. Originally I was told sometime in September to lock in my spec. Still nothing as of today.

vantage

Reaction score
The individual circumstances of your particular dealer will vary greatly. I put my deposit down on July 1, 2021 (before the reveal of the car) and my LA-area dealer told me that I had not made it into their FE allocations. They were instead trying to sell their FE spots above MSRP to others.

I later learned that they put my name in the system as wanting a base car (presumably so that they would not have to offer me an FE car if one became available).

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone who put deposit in august in US finalized their order with Lotus yet?

I am a late August depositor and wondering when will I get the call for the final build.

Late august which year? I was July 2020 2021 and I’m currently told my USA delivery is April-ish

Last edited:

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm a July 2021 depositor with the last FE allocation but my dealer has not contacted me to lock in my spec. Originally I was told sometime in September to lock in my spec. Still nothing as of today.
You should raise this with Lotus USA. You should have been locked in by now.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Deposit May of 21 and build date of janaury and delivery date of march...will that happen? No clue.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Update, from Los Gatos. Not all FE cars has gotten an allocation. I moved up from 22/22 to 11/22, that means 11 people dropped out while waiting.

nahanni

Reaction score
Update, from Los Gatos. Not all FE cars has gotten an allocation. I moved up from 22/22 to 11/22, that means 11 people dropped out while waiting.
50% drop is a lot more than I would have estimated. I wonder what the average drop-off might be.

alvitdk

Reaction score
Austin dealer...you are probably at the bottom of the list right now unless you pay extra. When I contacted them, they offered me priority delivery if I paid them an extra 15k, otherwise, I would just get in the standard queue. I reported them to Lotus HQ, as this is not a "normal" ADM, but basically bribing to jump the waitlist, a total shady dealer, and I ordered elsewhere.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What do you mean not all FE cars got an allocation? Do you mean people that put deposits down didn't an allocation which is correct but I think all FE (v6) orders already happened Mar - Jun against allocations at the dealers so they will be delivered first of the year. Thus, no more FEs to be ordered

1666322196073.png

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What do you mean not all FE cars got an allocation? Do you mean people that put deposits down didn't an allocation which is correct but I think all FE (v6) orders already happened Mar - Jun against allocations at the dealers so they will be delivered first of the year. Thus, no more FEs to be ordered

View attachment 9978
I don't know, I'm just told by my dealer that Lotus allocated them 22 FE Slots and that they're still working through them as soon as they get in contact with Lotus. I asked my SA and she confirmed that I'm still inline to order an FE. She said Lotus has not given them any further updates after allocation was given to them. This is what I was told and I'm not sure what to believe.

So either Lotus is lying about their numbers or the dealership is lying to me or they're just being left out in the cold. I was told by my SA "Lotus has only give us allocations and nothing else."

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't know, I'm just told by my dealer that Lotus allocated them 22 FE Slots and that they're still working through them as soon as they get in contact with Lotus. I asked my SA and she confirmed that I'm still inline to order an FE. She said Lotus has not given them any further updates after allocation was given to them. This is what I was told and I'm not sure what to believe.

So either Lotus is lying about their numbers or the dealership is lying to me or they're just being left out in the cold. I was told by my SA "Lotus has only give us allocations and nothing else."
Are we distinguishing between FE V6 allocations and
FE i4 allocations. Dealer FE total can include both.
The FE V6 North America increment is spoken for.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Los Gatos has me down for a V6 FE. Are you guys sure it's all being spoken for? Those are the numbers someone floated around but what if those numbers and dates changed due to delays? It wouldn't surprise me since Lotus is 6-9 months late on their deliveries. The fact that I moved up from #22 to #11 on my dealership says otherwise. My dealership has no reasons to lie.

Last edited: