Anyone with August first deposit in USA?

Arsalan

Reaction score
Has anyone who put deposit in august in US finalized their order with Lotus yet?

I am a late August depositor and wondering when will I get the call for the final build.

Hodl

Reaction score
Did your dealer mention you were getting an FE? I'm an early August depositor and was told I should expect to submit a build in September for a Base Emira.

OP
A

Arsalan

Reaction score
Did your dealer mention you were getting an FE? I'm an early August depositor and was told I should expect to submit a built in September for a Base Emira.
Yes I am told I am getting the FE. They had some drop out that made me Into their FE allocations

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone who put deposit in august in US finalized their order with Lotus yet?

I am a late August depositor and wondering when will I get the call for the final build.
It's not just how early you made your first deposit but also how many allocations your dealer is getting.

OP
A

Arsalan

Reaction score
It's not just how early you made your first deposit but also how many allocations your dealer is getting.
I was told I am #3 out of their 17 allocations.

OP
A

Arsalan

Reaction score
I saw on Facebook group someone with august deposit got call this week

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that you could be #3 on the wait list for a FE V6 car with a late August deposit. I’m a mid July deposit holder and am 31st on the wait list at my dealer. Something doesnt seem right about that. An allocation of 17 cars suggests a decent size dealership, which in turn suggests a populated area. having only secured a few deposits in 6 weeks for the hottest car going seems unlikely, unless there was a massive disproportion of depositors going for the I4. If I’m wrong, good for you. But id think confirmation from your dealer would make sense. Good luck.

OP
A

Arsalan

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that you could be #3 on the wait list for a FE V6 car with a late August deposit. I’m a mid July deposit holder and am 31st on the wait list at my dealer. Something doesnt seem right about that. An allocation of 17 cars suggests a decent size dealership, which in turn suggests a populated area. having only secured a few deposits in 6 weeks for the hottest car going seems unlikely, unless there was a massive disproportion of depositors going for the I4. If I’m wrong, good for you. But id think confirmation from your dealer would make sense. Good luck.
I placed the order with dealer in Austin TX. originally I was # 11 but now I am down to #3 according to my sales rep as they had many cancellations. I hope they aren’t playing with my me emotions :)

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I placed the order with dealer in Austin TX. originally I was # 11 but now I am down to #3 according to my sales rep as they had many cancellations. I hope they aren’t playing with my me emotions :)
Well then…congrats. have you placed your order yet?

OP
A

Arsalan

Reaction score
Well then…congrats. have you placed your order yet?
That’s where I am getting worried, If I am #3 then how come lotus hasn’t called me to take the final order yet . Something just doesn’t add up.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s where I am getting worried, If I am #3 then how come lotus hasn’t called me to take the final order yet . Something just doesn’t add up.
You should call your dealer and ask them how many allocations they got for March, April, etc..

My dealer was able to order something like 10 in March, 15 in April, etc..

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's not Lotus that will be calling you but your dealer. If they have 17 allocations then that would suggest at least 3-5 for Mar and then April and then May. If for some reason you didn't make the Mar submission then you would have most definitely got an April order which has to be finalized with Lotus next week. Something doesn't add up but your dealer can explain how they are managing allocations and when you are submitting.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm an early August depositor and "got the call" early last week to finalize my FE order. As someone mentioned, it's dependent on your dealer and their allocations, etc.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Of the August people… curious if your dealer is asking for a ADM and that is why so many dropouts?
NO ADM and NO additional deposit with my dealer. They never told me my spot in line or how many allocations they got, though, and I haven't heard of any dropouts with them.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m first few days in August and have had no info but was offered a FE for ADM as someone was “selling their spot.” I declined but it sucks that we have no idea whether that’s just dealer selling spots or where we are in the line. I’ve posted same before but it’s yet another part of the Lotus buying experience that has left a sour taste in my mouth.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m first few days in August and have had no info but was offered a FE for ADM as someone was “selling their spot.” I declined but it sucks that we have no idea whether that’s just dealer selling spots or where we are in the line. I’ve posted same before but it’s yet another part of the Lotus buying experience that has left a sour taste in my mouth.
I got the same call, I was Aug 2

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very similar to how several dealers are doing with the C8 for example. You're in line and then they surprise you with hey you are up next but ADM. I called around until I found a solid dealer (there are many) that would keep you updated with info, tell you where you are in line, and do no ADMs. On the C8, I was updated every month and everything above board. For Lotus, similar thing and going with Gator has been excellent. I heard one guy that said he was Aug or maybe Sep deposit but because several people delayed or changed to i4, he was able to move up. I agree it does leave a sour taste but this is because of the dealers in the US. There are good Lotus dealers and some not at the same level. Might be worthwhile to look at another ?? Good luck and hopefully it will improve

SloAlfa

Reaction score
I was a July 15th deposit. My order to Lotus went in this week and 1Q 2023 delivery.
Originally the Dates were November if you placed order in US this month? Has the time shifted here also? I am supposed to place mine next month which may mean mid Q12023?

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Originally the Dates were November if you placed order in US this month? Has the time shifted here also? I am supposed to place mine next month which may mean mid Q12023?
Yes, originally is was spring delivery, then Nov/Dec and now they are saying Jan/Feb, but they are probably hedging some, i.e..being overly conservative.