• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I sent a wee email just to check up on things this afternoon, they confirmed to me I'm still down as October delivery according to the information from the factory and there are no further delays. They also said they will check and confirm with HQ as they are reliant on the go ahead from them before sending out the checkout emails. Hopefully hear back soon!
Reminds me very much like installing software. It starts at 0% and quickly ramps up to 99% where it stays like that for an hour!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I sent a wee email just to check up on things this afternoon, they confirmed to me I'm still down as October delivery according to the information from the factory and there are no further delays. They also said they will check and confirm with HQ as they are reliant on the go ahead from them before sending out the checkout emails. Hopefully hear back soon!
That has to be tight if the car hasn't left the factory yet, surely?
Unless they are already storing them in Oxfordshire awaiting simple to add parts as part of PDI
Anyway time will tell no point surmising at this late stage 😅

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That has to be tight if the car hasn't left the factory yet, surely?
Unless they are already storing them in Oxfordshire awaiting simple to add parts as part of PDI
Anyway time will tell no point surmising at this late stage 😅

I'm hoping it is just awaiting final touches as part of the PDI but I've resigned myself to November delivery really... If it is pushing much further I'm tempted to cancel this Emira as I won't be able to drive it at all until Spring (living on the edge of the Cairngorms with Cup 2s in Winter isn't a good idea!) so might delay it into a final edition V6 version... Ideal scenario though will be October delivery still!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm hoping it is just awaiting final touches as part of the PDI but I've resigned myself to November delivery really... If it is pushing much further I'm tempted to cancel this Emira as I won't be able to drive it at all until Spring (living on the edge of the Cairngorms with Cup 2s in Winter isn't a good idea!) so might delay it into a final edition V6 version... Ideal scenario though will be October delivery still!
I'm sure a lot of us are probably thinking similar the closer we get to Xmas.
The only positive I can think of is if pricing and finance are held up until the new year.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I already started a petition. Revelations will come next decade according to @Next Decade
There are a lot of people on here who got excited when they left the factory, no names mentioned but a few of us UK members have done the same. When leaving the factory you get caught up in the moment and you think you and Lotus can save the world, then reality of sooon sets in and your back to square one.

Which is where we all are right now.....

So close.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Checkout update from CS

Your checkout email will be sent once your vehicle reaches a certain point in production and we know when it will be finished. This will be close to the quality control stages towards the end of production.

Unfortunately, we have no way of seeing where abouts in production your Emira is, the factory does not share this information and we have to wait to get the go ahead from HQ to send out your checkout invitation.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. I have replied questioning that, but no reply yet.
The copy/paste email came through very quickly.
I think this is an error and they’ve sent you a generic reply. I’m ‘in build’ (no further delays envisaged) but not still not received my check out

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wasn't this the thread that was going to have all the revelations from our American friends and their visit to the factory reeeeeercently, or have I missed it?
No, you need to watch this thread for that update:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They aren't going to give you long to do checkout if they're hoping to delivery in October. The Checkout email is supposed to 30 days before delivery, but I hear they're going to shorten that timeframe (by giving customers less time).

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They aren't going to give you long to do checkout if they're hoping to delivery in October. The Checkout email is supposed to 30 days before delivery, but I hear they're going to shorten that timeframe (by giving customers less time).

I hopefully don't need much time, I've already decided on what extras, financing, delivery etc I need. I wouldn't be surprised if the car appears in Glasgow/at my door at some point unannounced, maybe even before the checkout is done at this rate!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Checkout update from CS

Your checkout email will be sent once your vehicle reaches a certain point in production and we know when it will be finished. This will be close to the quality control stages towards the end of production.

Unfortunately, we have no way of seeing where abouts in production your Emira is, the factory does not share this information and we have to wait to get the go ahead from HQ to send out your checkout invitation.

What's happening is they won't trigger the Checkout email until your car is fully built and just needs QA and PDI. In normal times they might have been able to trigger it from start of build (or even scheduled into build), as they'd know they had all the parts to build it.

The supply issues meant they started building a lot of cars and many are part-built just waiting a few shortage parts to finish them. So whilst the cars normally would take 12 hours (2 days) to build, they are currently showing as "in build" for a lot longer. That's why they don't know (or won't say) where in build they've reached and why they can't send Checkout emails until "factory" say they are about to finish the car.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Who replied? I had Jessica

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What's happening is they won't trigger the Checkout email until your car is fully built and just needs QA and PDI. In normal times they might have been able to trigger it from start of build (or even scheduled into build), as they'd know they had all the parts to build it.

The supply issues meant they started building a lot of cars and many are part-built just waiting a few shortage parts to finish them. So whilst the cars normally would take 12 hours (2 days) to build, they are currently showing as "in build" for a lot longer. That's why they don't know (or won't say) where in build they've reached and why they can't send Checkout emails until "factory" say they are about to finish the car.
This is all fine if you are dealing with a normal company that gives you regular updates and you have watched your car virtually via an app go into production, get built, travel to port, arrivevin the uk, travel to pdi, leave pdi, get delivered at you preferred dealer. All the while supported by your good pal 'Terry' at the local dealership.
We haven't had any of that though. Bit rich to expect you to be just sitting on 80k waiting for their call... 📞

Last edited:

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom. Do you still think there will be UK October deliveries?

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom. Do you still think there will be UK October deliveries?
Email from the 5th of October
‘You are still within our first campaign, as mentioned yesterday your vehicle is in production so all of the parts are in place to invite you to checkout very soon.
We are waiting on HQ to guide us through each customer to invite to checkout, but I can see that you wont be far off.

They have confirmed that there will be no further delays for our first batch of customers as we are completing this now.’

Mike

Reaction score

@TomE Do you know if delivery to your door includes Northern Ireland?