Anyone got any project cars?

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
not a car culture here.....
catalans are a whole nother race... no pun intended
What u saying you need a good looking ass instead (not arse)
ass-1649148_960_720.jpg

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
it was a 1980 SC, in good condition I guess as it had historic status in Spain, which is not easy to get!
No I dont think Singer copied and a few Uk companies were also doing these things and maybe even in Germany, but yes Singer goes a bit too far, works of art as much as cars.
Its maybe better to do one based on a 993 as its more modern, but maybe "boring" ie the gear box works well whereas mine is a slight mastery to get it in haha and it wouldnt be a 911 if the gear knob didnt come off every so often, being quite often ;)
Nice! I feel that, in Spain, German cars are not as loved as Italian or French ones, especially if they have a rally pedigree. I bought a Renault 5 Maxi/Tour de Corse replica project from a Spanish collector, and he wouldn't touch german cars, only Italian and French (he has an amazing collection of Renault 5 Turbo-based rally and circuit cars stashed away on his ranch - real ones with rally history). As such, the fact that the likes of Julia911 exist must be good for Porsche aficionados.

By the way, my comment about Singer copying Julia911 was stated in jest - a bit tongue in cheek. :)

Singer always used 964 shells, including their recent take on the 930 Turbo. Must admit I have a soft spot for the 964 (owned a RS Lightweight for several years that I sorely miss). Had plenty of 993's too (both LHD & RHD), including the 993RS, so know them very well, and that includes the quirky driving position in RHD versions. Yes, the gear shift t got better as the 911s matured, and went from 5-speed (964) to 6-speed (993). Fortunately, the 964 and 993 did not have a separate gear knob, so there was no danger of it coming loose, unlike earlier models. :D

Seriously, those old-school 911's were pretty robust, bullet proof even, and more importantly light and small enough to thread them at speed around UK's narrow B roads. The Lotus Exige S RGB I have now offers me that same feeling. The Emira will be luxurious in comparison, so, hopefully, it will not be too dulled down and/or numb when compared to the aforementioned benchmarks. Reviews so far are very encouraging, and since I will keep the Exige, I hope these two will provide the best of both worlds. Having said that, if I still had the 964RS, then my foray into Lotus may never have happened. It only did because I went looking for a similar experience and found that that the Series 2 Exige was able to deliver a similar experience, and it was even lighter and more nimble than the 964RS - win-win!

Last edited:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
ok, it took me a while, but here is my 1980, backdated, french/spanish 911 with an engine you could literally put in your living room and dine off it. I didnt chose the deep blue, but I did choose the deepish burgundy to go with it. I think its one of the nicest ones I've seen overall and has about 300Hp.
I may sell it as its not getting as much use as it should and with the emira, it may get less, also its a lot of money to be tied up between 2 cars, some 300k just for a sunday drive, if you are not super rich, its a bit of a waste IMO, but it is beautiful to look at. Hence apologies for all the photos ..but I think its a work of....
...art. Indeed it is, love it.