Anyone got any project cars?

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
We just 3.6 swapped this vr6 manual Corrado that will be used in a marketing campaignView attachment 6693It is still a work in progress, but we started reassembly yesterday so I will post pics here as things progress.
It still has the original 5MT so we’ll probably blow that up fairly quickly..
Oh my.... glad I started this thread now that's peachy! πŸ‘
Shame you aren't in the UK you could do my bodywork and paint, looks like an epic job 😎

Sea4S

Reaction score
Oh my.... glad I started this thread now that's peachy! πŸ‘
Shame you aren't in the UK you could do my bodywork and paint, looks like an epic job 😎
Thank you!. It’s actually a wrap; Avery Dennison Gloss Emerald is the color…. The car will actually be headed to the UK next year

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do you consider trying to keep my current daily-driver barely running a project car? If so, tack on a rusty old Civic EP3 Si that I found on craigslist a few years ago for the cost of an Emira deposit :LOL:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
ok, it took me a while, but here is my 1980, backdated, french/spanish 911 with an engine you could literally put in your living room and dine off it. I didnt chose the deep blue, but I did choose the deepish burgundy to go with it. I think its one of the nicest ones I've seen overall and has about 300Hp.
I may sell it as its not getting as much use as it should and with the emira, it may get less, also its a lot of money to be tied up between 2 cars, some 300k just for a sunday drive, if you are not super rich, its a bit of a waste IMO, but it is beautiful to look at. Hence apologies for all the photos ..but I think its a work of....

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 46
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 44
  • door handles.jpg
    door handles.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 911 interior.jpg
    911 interior.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 45
  • front grafiti.jpg
    front grafiti.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 46
  • back wheel bw.jpg
    back wheel bw.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 44
  • front stones.jpg
    front stones.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 45
  • top black white.jpg
    top black white.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
ok, it took me a while, but here is my 1980, backdated, french/spanish 911 with an engine you could literally put in your living room and dine off it. I didnt chose the deep blue, but I did choose the deepish burgundy to go with it. I think its one of the nicest ones I've seen overall and has about 300Hp.
I may sell it as its not getting as much use as it should and with the emira, it may get less, also its a lot of money to be tied up between 2 cars, some 300k just for a sunday drive, if you are not super rich, its a bit of a waste IMO, but it is beautiful to look at. Hence apologies for all the photos ..but I think its a work of....
I'd begun to think you were making it up! πŸ˜‰
That is stunning stunning. I don't know why you need an Emira when you have that. What are those Cons of owning it? Dream car.
Who did the work on it as looks really nicely done 😍😎
Gotta love a leather lined engine bay... πŸ₯°

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I'd begun to think you were making it up! πŸ˜‰
That is stunning stunning. I don't know why you need an Emira when you have that. What are those Cons of owning it? Dream car.
Who did the work on it as looks really nicely done 😍😎
Gotta love a leather lined engine bay... πŸ₯°
yes, well you never know of course ;)
and yes, it is also my dream car, its not quite a singer, but its as close as you would want to get without spending half a million or more and then not being able to drive it, or hardly wanting to.
It is IMO better looking than even the Emira and yes as I say, its one of my 5 car garage cars of all time
(Maybe backdate 911, old one piece grill mini cooper S, a caterham (or bac mono), ariel Nomad 2 (when it comes out) and probably the new defender V8 90, for practicality, if money was no object for petrol.. what a great design they have done on that car).
But, I am not a top driver, this car needs to be driven in a certain way and not sure I will ever be bothered to learn how to do that. It is not that appreciated here in Spain (not a huge car culture) and it should be enjoyed more by someone, if not everyone. And as I said, its a lot of money to be tied up in a car. The work was done by the best in spain, barcelona, Julia911, they have been doing them since before Singer.
I also enjoy the buying process of a new/different car and in theory I can make money on this one. I may regret selling it, but I will only sell it at a good price.
Finally, when a car or a house is renovated, there is a window for selling. After that window passes, people think it now needs renovating again, so its important not to miss that window, although I am still well within it. It is an amazing engine and pulls from virtually any gear and doing 130/40km/h feels like nothing and it has a higher red line than the lotus, although Ive not got to it yet..
Thats about it..... Yeh, well I would probably not have leather lined the engine bay myself, but that engine work cost someone about 40k !.... so have to appreciate it.
she's a beauty
Ahhh... at the same time, today I overtook a 911 992 turbo on a dual carriageway and I have to say, I think Porsche really have hit the nail on the head with the 992... it looks stunning to me. Not overstated, stylish, every angle looks great and for my money the two best looking cars for less than 100k are the Emira and the 992, BUT IMHO and imaginary opinion as I have not driven an emira, I think the 992, besides the gt3 touring, will not feel as alive as they emira... And yes, its true, maybe neither of them feel alive as what I have, but we shall see :)

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
@richbrown here you go.

Im currently doing up my Corrado VR6 that I've owned for the past 22 years.
Very much a passion project but it's a great car.
Currently receiving a full chassis rebuild before being booked in for paint. Just waiting on some Kw Varient 3s and Eibach roll bars ( more parts delays!)

View attachment 6659View attachment 6660View attachment 6661
This brings back fond memories. A friend had a white G60 20+ years ago. I remember trying to keep up with him in my first car - a Punto Sporting 1.6 πŸ˜†

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Must say that is absolutely fabulous - love old-school 911s! (y)

What was the donor 911 used for this restomod or retro project? The work appears to have been done to a very high standard; very SInger-esque, with attention to detail in the right areas as opposed to what Singer do and focus on absolutely every part, washer, nut and bolt.

Do you think Singer copied Julia911? ;)

Here are some photographs taken of the Singer 911 at its UK launch in Feb 2013 - was lucky enough to be there, and it was quite the experience. Absolute dream car. Period!
IMG_1858 (Large).JPG IMG_1846 (Large).JPGIMG_1852 (Large).JPGIMG_1877 (Large).JPG IMG_1893 (Large).JPG IMG_1880 (Large).JPG

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
yes, well you never know of course ;)
and yes, it is also my dream car, its not quite a singer, but its as close as you would want to get without spending half a million or more and then not being able to drive it, or hardly wanting to.
It is IMO better looking than even the Emira and yes as I say, its one of my 5 car garage cars of all time
(Maybe backdate 911, old one piece grill mini cooper S, a caterham (or bac mono), ariel Nomad 2 (when it comes out) and probably the new defender V8 90, for practicality, if money was no object for petrol.. what a great design they have done on that car).
But, I am not a top driver, this car needs to be driven in a certain way and not sure I will ever be bothered to learn how to do that. It is not that appreciated here in Spain (not a huge car culture) and it should be enjoyed more by someone, if not everyone. And as I said, its a lot of money to be tied up in a car. The work was done by the best in spain, barcelona, Julia911, they have been doing them since before Singer.
I also enjoy the buying process of a new/different car and in theory I can make money on this one. I may regret selling it, but I will only sell it at a good price.
Finally, when a car or a house is renovated, there is a window for selling. After that window passes, people think it now needs renovating again, so its important not to miss that window, although I am still well within it. It is an amazing engine and pulls from virtually any gear and doing 130/40km/h feels like nothing and it has a higher red line than the lotus, although Ive not got to it yet..
Thats about it..... Yeh, well I would probably not have leather lined the engine bay myself, but that engine work cost someone about 40k !.... so have to appreciate it.
she's a beauty
Ahhh... at the same time, today I overtook a 911 992 turbo on a dual carriageway and I have to say, I think Porsche really have hit the nail on the head with the 992... it looks stunning to me. Not overstated, stylish, every angle looks great and for my money the two best looking cars for less than 100k are the Emira and the 992, BUT IMHO and imaginary opinion as I have not driven an emira, I think the 992, besides the gt3 touring, will not feel as alive as they emira... And yes, its true, maybe neither of them feel alive as what I have, but we shall see :)
Sooooooo nice, I'd literally get on a plane to have a look at it nice 😁
Does your good looking neighbour have a good looking neighbour, could be worth a trip πŸ˜…
Did you buy it as is, or spec/mod some of it yourself?
You can't get rid of it ever πŸ˜….
If I win euro millions tonight I will defo have it and take it over to Mallorca with me πŸ₯°
If you ever fancy recording it would love to hear what it sounds like 😍

Last edited:
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This brings back fond memories. A friend had a white G60 20+ years ago. I remember trying to keep up with him in my first car - a Punto Sporting 1.6 πŸ˜†
Good luck! πŸ˜… Fast Fiats of the time tho were fast! Friend had an Uno Turbo, was a right little pocket rocket πŸš€

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd buy it! Beautiful car.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Must say that is absolutely fabulous - love old-school 911s! (y)

What was the donor 911 used for this restomod or retro project? The work appears to have been done to a very high standard; very SInger-esque, with attention to detail in the right areas as opposed to what Singer do and focus on absolutely every part, washer, nut and bolt.

Do you think Singer copied Julia911? ;)

Here are some photographs taken of the Singer 911 at its UK launch in Feb 2013 - was lucky enough to be there, and it was quite the experience. Absolute dream car. Period!
View attachment 7451 View attachment 7453View attachment 7455View attachment 7456 View attachment 7457 View attachment 7458
it was a 1980 SC, in good condition I guess as it had historic status in Spain, which is not easy to get!
No I dont think Singer copied and a few Uk companies were also doing these things and maybe even in Germany, but yes Singer goes a bit too far, works of art as much as cars.
Its maybe better to do one based on a 993 as its more modern, but maybe "boring" ie the gear box works well whereas mine is a slight mastery to get it in haha and it wouldnt be a 911 if the gear knob didnt come off every so often, being quite often ;)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Sooooooo nice, I'd literally get on a plane to have a look at it nice 😁
Does your good looking neighbour have a good looking neighbour, could be worth a trip πŸ˜…
Did you buy it as is, or spec/mod some of it yourself?
You can't get rid of it ever πŸ˜….
If I win euro millions tonight I will defo have it and take it over to Mallorca with me πŸ₯°
If you ever fancy recording it would love to hear what it sounds like 😍
sure I will try to do a video, need a cute neighbour to help maybe.. hah.
It did sound a lot lot louder before I changed the back box, neighbour waking loud

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I'd buy it! Beautiful car.
thank you, yes its cool..... I am back in Birmingham in a couple of weeks, supposedly waiting for my Emira during August, but thats not going to happen any more... but also I wont be driving the 911 as the dogs wont fit in the petrol prices are atrocious and the Ionic 5 doesn't suffer them as much :)

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
sure I will try to do a video, need a cute neighbour to help maybe.. hah.
It did sound a lot lot louder before I changed the back box, neighbour waking loud
With that motor I'm amazed you aren't πŸ’―% desirable to ALL LADIES πŸ˜…