Mickeymo

Reaction score
Hi guys, check out 3.15 minute mark of
Could this be the AMG i4 exhaust sound?

It doesn't sound like the V6.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This was an early, early, early, early, early prototype, IF it was an I4. I doubt the production car would resemble this car in terms of sound. IF it was an I4.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This was an early, early, early, early, early prototype, IF it was an I4. I doubt the production car would resemble this car in terms of sound. IF it was an I4.
It sure seemed to be the I4 visually from a distance in the video, its 100% NOT the V6 and then if not the V6 then obviously must only be the I4. There are no other engine options for the EMIRA.

Unless Lotus figures out to make that I4 sound better, it will sound like like a castrated engine. So far horrible. But who knows....possibly lotus can go some engineering magic to make it sound more deep and throaty.

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hopeful. Look at the alpine. If it's a bit better than that it could work. Still can't see it getting near supercharger sound though

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't forget the (probably) real thing (2.0 AMG I4) as filmed in China recently and posted on Twitter by @CarmeloLee110
At least we would like to think that this is the 'finalized voice' of this 4-cylinder compact and light, modern engine. (Perhaps the final version can get rid of a certain uncomfortable whine noticed by many.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ADC

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi guys, check out 3.15 minute mark of
Could this be the AMG i4 exhaust sound?

It doesn't sound like the V6

For a long time this 'Lotus: A new dawn 2021' was blocked for viewers outside the UK after a brief appearance early days. Copyright claims made it unavailable. However, recently someone has posted it again on YouTube, and this time it sticks. It was originally a TV program in the UK, and perhaps the long time that has passed, or simply that the copyright holder has made it free. Obviously the prototype in the video also has a prototype intake and exhaust, so the final version for sale will sound different. The same could be true for the recent Twitter video of a 2.0 AMG I4 arriving in China.

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
Don't forget the (probably) real thing (2.0 AMG I4) as filmed in China recently and posted on Twitter by @CarmeloLee110
At least we would like to think that this is the 'finalized voice' of this 4-cylinder compact and light modern engine. (Perhaps the final version can get rid of a certain uncomfortable whine noticed by many.)

This sounds alright!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
At least we would like to think that this is the 'finalized voice' of this 4-cylinder compact and light, modern engine. (Perhaps the final version can get rid of a certain uncomfortable whine noticed by many.)

This sounds like there is a jet engine nearby? It's in a covered space so it's benefiting from some boundary reinforcement, but the tuning sounds pretty good!!! If this is before they open the flaps...

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This sounds like there is a jet engine nearby? It's in a covered space so it's benefiting from some boundary reinforcement, but the tuning sounds pretty good!!! If this is before they open the flaps...
You know, I joked about the whiny jet-like noise when this video was posted before in a another thread, but... I reckon that actually is the sound of a jet airplane in the background.

The surroundings do actually look like they could be an airport tarmac/terminal, and if you look at the reflection on the car in the last few seconds of the video, you can see what looks light a row of airplane windows lit up... 🕵️‍♂️ :)
Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 16.20.29.png

Might also be in this video:

If is sounds like this, I will be very pleased indeed.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Might also be in this video:

Unfortunately, this is an already dated promotion video by Geely for the Chinese market. The sound you hear in this video is most likely a "generic car noise" added by the video production business. What is interesting right now is; what does the 2.0 AMG I4 really sound like? Unfiltered by "creative" video production dudes and gals. Personally I think the CarmeloLee110 video above (also posted by another emiraforum member in another thread) is the closest we have got so far to hearing what it really sounds like. The "Dawn" video sound is of an earlier prototype when Lotus designed intakes and exhaust were still under development.