• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Alignment/Suspension/Stability Issue

OP
brett_g

brett_g

Reaction score
So, the dealership took the car in, "repaired it", and gave it back to you as it is driving in those videos?

You need to speak with the service dept manager for your dealership. That's a no brainer.

Please keep us all updated.
Yup, it appeared to be improved after their “fixes”. If they balanced all the wheels like they claimed, and aligned it as they claimed, I feel like this now becomes a steering issue? I have an email into the dealer and plan on following up with a call tomorrow.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I first got mine I had a shake in the steering wheel that was wheel balancing. 400 miles later it was back shaking again due to front wheel balancing. Not sure if it’s just the ever increasing deterioration in my local roads or the wheels go out of balance easy.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My guess is you do not have a wheel balancing issue or alignment issue so they are technically correct. Totally unacceptable for them not to fully test everything before handing it back to you like that. Seems better to just show them the problem and not suggest any fixes for them to appease you.
They need to fully look over the front suspension. You've got a defective part somewhere. Bad/missing bushing, something loose, bad ball joint, etc.
Thats a good video to show someone above their dealership if need to escalate that is definitely not normal (for any new car)

Honcho

Reaction score
looks like normal steering feedback to me from then hydraulic rack. Thought that was the whole point of that system over electronic steering.