Air con known issue -no fix yet [EDIT: now with official fix]

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why the tweak to the clutch bite point?
Was it too high or too low?
Didn't ask for the tweak, was in repones to me mentioning the parking brake was sticking on occasion. Biting point is now higher, feels more in the centre of the full range - before it felt quite low down.

scc.131.fe

Reaction score
Didn't ask for the tweak, was in repones to me mentioning the parking brake was sticking on occasion. Biting point is now higher, feels more in the centre of the full range - before it felt quite low down.
Thanks for that info, hope there is no dealer drama if others request this.

Reactions: PJS

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
On the test drive I had the bite point was low down, lower than I was used to, and of course I stalled it. After that I was ok but cautious, particularly at traffic lights where I did some quick starts!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've made a video for my dealer of my intermittent issue:

Is this comparable to other people's issues?
Identical to mine before the HVAC fan resistor/control module was replaced. Known issue with water ingress - warranty fix but takes a couple of days due to the amount of front-end strip down needed to get at it……

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what the response is from my dealer. When they had it in for a few days they said they couldnt replicate it. I think their view was 'well, it comes on eventually so whats the problem'.

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what the response is from my dealer. When they had it in for a few days they said they couldnt replicate it. I think their view was 'well, it comes on eventually so whats the problem'.
Very similar , apart from on long journeys I might get a blast of full on heat for a while ( but nothing in between). The new hvac works a treat , on reflection i dont think mine was right from the start

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

A note of warning on the HVAC fix, my Emira has been back in today as my AC system has started failing again, the dealer thought it would be as a result of not having the latest software update but this was applied and it was not.

Apparently I will need a new resistor unit fitting again, but here is the rub!! the reason behind this is that there is a modification to the resistor pack that Lotus are supposed to apply, my resistor pack was replaced on a like for like basis (i.e. same problem can re-occur) so if you are having the work done make sure that your dealer ensures that Lotus supply the modified resistor pack (Sorry but I don't know what the modification is)

So as I stand I am now going to be losing my car for another couple of days whilst this is resolved again!!! (Once Lotus approve the warranty claim)

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Hi All,

A note of warning on the HVAC fix, my Emira has been back in today as my AC system has started failing again, the dealer thought it would be as a result of not having the latest software update but this was applied and it was not.

Apparently I will need a new resistor unit fitting again, but here is the rub!! the reason behind this is that there is a modification to the resistor pack that Lotus are supposed to apply, my resistor pack was replaced on a like for like basis (i.e. same problem can re-occur) so if you are having the work done make sure that your dealer ensures that Lotus supply the modified resistor pack (Sorry but I don't know what the modification is)

So as I stand I am now going to be losing my car for another couple of days whilst this is resolved again!!! (Once Lotus approve the warranty claim)
I'm sure I read that the resister pack was being encased in a waterproof covering like resin or something.

Reactions: ADC

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
there is a modification to the resistor pack that Lotus are supposed to apply
I had the same problem - water ingress. I got the almighty new and fixed pack which.... lasted about 13 hours. First rain and it was dead again. Somehow Lotus managed to make small holes/imperfections in the new waterproofed box and it needed to be replaced again. Works well now, but hasn't been in heavy rain since. We'll see how it goes :ROFLMAO:

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the same problem - water ingress. I got the almighty new and fixed pack which.... lasted about 13 hours. First rain and it was dead again. Somehow Lotus managed to make small holes/imperfections in the new waterproofed box and it needed to be replaced again. Works well now, but hasn't been in heavy rain since. We'll see how it goes :ROFLMAO:
Mine is not a garage queen so is probably the reason why its failed again as well, its been outside getting rained on and is driven in the wet (When its working 🤣 )

Fingers crossed I get the sealed unit and this problem goes away and I can enjoy the car without any worries 🤞😊

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mines going in next week so we'll see how long it lasts. No word on the paint defects though despite it being nearly three months now.