A reminder of why we adore this car!

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
6 months into my ownership and I never tire of looking at my Emira.

Just booked in for the seatbelt/ wiper motor/ airbag tether recall work which will be its first ever visit to a dealer. Yes, really :)

20230806_132337.jpg

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sat hear after a few wines and an amazing day driving over the Pennines from Hexham across to Keswick and felt the needed to put something on this glum and negative forum.

The car is fu#%ing brilliant, the roads were perfect for the Emira, empty twisties and could see for miles and it performed amazingly

What’s even more impressive, my mate was in a Porsche cayman GTS 4.0 and whilst it’s not doubt a great car we BOTH agreed the emira was hands down the more special and intuitive car! We swapped cars after lunch.

Driving around his car got zero love. whereas people stop stare and ask about the Emira, the Porsche was just boring next to it. His Porsche is lime green too and my emira is Shadow grey, BP, black wheels and yellow calipers, so this says it all.
Sure like most forums, it’s mainly negative press as that’s just the nature of them. Not putting this forum down as it’s ace and really helped me with info etc but equally it almost made me pull my deposit on a few occasions, and wow what a mistake that would have been.

Another thing as well, the sound of the car is amazing and 1000% better than the cayman. It’s definitely far louder the more miles you put on, Burnbles, screams, pops. Really don’t think it needs any aftermarket options added

I honestly can’t see me ever selling this car right now, it may still be the honeymoon period, but I will say it again the car is awesome!!!! I’m 36 years old, last car was a Caterham 420r, drive it like I stole it and could not be happier.

Only things that have gone wrong, the sos call error comes up when I start the car. I just turnit off and ignore but this is simply a software update but doesn’t bother me so havtnt taken it in.

I have had a letter to take the car in to fix an A pillar issue. Again, can’t tell at all but I will likely take it in when the weather turns. That’s it!!! Was a May 23 delivery

Personally, if I were buying now and has seen the price increase I’d be buying some of the 2nd hand ones and they are a bargain of a car. Especially as prices are only going one way and the FE comes fully loaded.

I feel an obligation to put this out there as I know I sure needed to hear good stuff to keep me IN. There’s just nothing that is compatible at the price.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sat hear after a few wines and an amazing day driving over the Pennines from Hexham across to Keswick and felt the needed to put something on this glum and negative forum.

The car is fu#%ing brilliant, the roads were perfect for the Emira, empty twisties and could see for miles and it performed amazingly

What’s even more impressive, my mate was in a Porsche cayman GTS 4.0 and whilst it’s not doubt a great car we BOTH agreed the emira was hands down the more special and intuitive car! We swapped cars after lunch.

Driving around his car got zero love. whereas people stop stare and ask about the Emira, the Porsche was just boring next to it. His Porsche is lime green too and my emira is Shadow grey, BP, black wheels and yellow calipers, so this says it all.
Sure like most forums, it’s mainly negative press as that’s just the nature of them. Not putting this forum down as it’s ace and really helped me with info etc but equally it almost made me pull my deposit on a few occasions, and wow what a mistake that would have been.

Another thing as well, the sound of the car is amazing and 1000% better than the cayman. It’s definitely far louder the more miles you put on, Burnbles, screams, pops. Really don’t think it needs any aftermarket options added

I honestly can’t see me ever selling this car right now, it may still be the honeymoon period, but I will say it again the car is awesome!!!! I’m 36 years old, last car was a Caterham 420r, drive it like I stole it and could not be happier.

Only things that have gone wrong, the sos call error comes up when I start the car. I just turnit off and ignore but this is simply a software update but doesn’t bother me so havtnt taken it in.

I have had a letter to take the car in to fix an A pillar issue. Again, can’t tell at all but I will likely take it in when the weather turns. That’s it!!! Was a May 23 delivery

Personally, if I were buying now and has seen the price increase I’d be buying some of the 2nd hand ones and they are a bargain of a car. Especially as prices are only going one way and the FE comes fully loaded.

I feel an obligation to put this out there as I know I sure needed to hear good stuff to keep me IN. There’s just nothing that is compatible at the price.
This is the content I’m here for!

600 miles in and absolutely loving it.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also on 650 miles in about 10 days. No faults. It's brilliant. Can't wait until I can open it up, although I'm not yet as confident in my ability in it as I was in the Elise. It steers the same (as in you just think and the car goes where you're thinking), feels like a rocket ship on the B roads, but it's a much heavier car than the Elise and my brain is not in tune with it yet. Weather's going to be rubbish this weekend, so may opt for the Defender - lets hope for a few more dry days before winter 😆
It makes me smile like the Elise though.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really appreciate the stories, updates and positive feedback. It’s a big help for the people still waiting after 2+ years.

Yes, forums can be a focus for people posting about issues or speculating about problems. Some of that is helpful if it makes it easier for people to solve those issues.

Its also why we started the owners journals sub-forum and love feedback on threads like these from real owners out enjoying their cars.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a few moans on this forum on the long wait and false promises and rightly so, but the car is here now V6 auto FE May build.

So over 2 months in and the car is unreal the looks 😍 the sound 😄 the handling 🤩 is truly awesome, I see the i4 taking a bit of stick on here that I will take with a pinch of salt but I can vouch for the V6 auto box as way better than excepted, the noise it makes when you hit the brake and it down shifts for you is amazing 😄 and the attention the car gets as mentioned above is way above any car I’ve ever had by a country mile (I’ve had lots of Porsches)

I will spend a few hours taking pride in cleaning it this morning before hitting the road for the afternoon 😎

WilmaT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
6 months into my ownership and I never tire of looking at my Emira.

Just booked in for the seatbelt/ wiper motor/ airbag tether recall work which will be its first ever visit to a dealer. Yes, really :)

View attachment 29895
Nice…. it pops! Where did you purchase your centre caps? I have ordered the same wheel config but in Meridian Blue..

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice…. it pops! Where did you purchase your centre caps? I have ordered the same wheel config but in Meridian Blue..
The black caps and nose badge are available to order from your Lotus dealer. Apparently Lotus will be moving to black badges for all cars at some stage, not sure when.