911 Carrera 992 Coupe vs. Emira

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Singularity

Reaction score
Bit premature as a review...
…. I agree and let’s not forget the 911 was well over £90k as tested. The 911 is an icon in terms of everyday usable sports car and has been honed over decades. I think it flattering for the pre-production Emira that a comparison was even considered when the 911 is really the in next league up.

JXJ

Reaction score
I think Ollie is a Porsche fanboy, comparing a prototype with a production car not really a fair.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Ollie is a Porsche fanboy, comparing a prototype with a production car not really a fair.
I would agree, when he drove the Emira on track. He asked how does it compare against the porsche 718 4.0. He said That car ( 718 )is so good and easy to recommend, and then didn’t defend the Emira. Maybe he was being cautious, he’s a Porsche fanboy? I am still getting the Erima.
It’s just drop dead gorgeous! I am a sucker for beautiful things!!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The way that alleged 'review' reads says more about the concern Porsche fan boys have about the Emira than anything else. It's going to be VERY interesting to see the reviews and reactions to final production Emiras.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, I’m a Porsche fan boy (I prefer Porschephile :cool:) and I’m buying an Emira. They are both great, why does one have to be better than the other?
It doesn't, but as you know, there are plenty of people out there who view things that way, especially in the automotive world.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It doesn't, but as you know, there are plenty of people out there who view things that way, especially in the automotive world.
I love Porsche but like a passionate human I love the Emira. I grew up riding around in 930 turbos, 944 turbo & cad, 911 cab & targa. Lived close to a dealership where a mechanic would give me a rides when I was in high school. dreaming of Lamborghini, Lotus Espit & Ferrari 308 targa. I am just a connoisseur of beautiful machines. Had 2 Porsches, replacing one with the Emira 🍾🎊. Seems like a great thing! Like have a blond & a brunette😊 the French say “ Viva la be diferencia “ 💋

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I drove a PDK GT4 hard in the LA crest highway for several hours some 6m ago. I hope the Emira is better in feel. The PDK was great, felt like a sim but certainly not as engaging as a good manual transmission. The engine lacked character and noise up top. GTS uses the same 4l. Car felt heavy relative to my recollection of my Elise, no surprise there. Steering was not particularly remarkable. Looks were average, never been in love with 718 shape.

I truly hope the Emira has a better feel than the GT4. It was a blast but I did not return the Turo rental saying "I have to have this car".

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hard to compare as 992’s differ from model to model & a Turbo S is £100k more than Emira.

PDK is outstanding & 911 has been improved over so many years.

Emira feels more of a 718 comparison in price & specs, but as others have said, you can enjoy both in different ways.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I drove a PDK GT4 hard in the LA crest highway for several hours some 6m ago. I hope the Emira is better in feel. The PDK was great, felt like a sim but certainly not as engaging as a good manual transmission. The engine lacked character and noise up top. GTS uses the same 4l. Car felt heavy relative to my recollection of my Elise, no surprise there. Steering was not particularly remarkable. Looks were average, never been in love with 718 shape.

I truly hope the Emira has a better feel than the GT4. It was a blast but I did not return the Turo rental saying "I have to have this car".
Thanks, that is really interesting real world feedback, much more relevant than yet another "professional" tester online!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hopefully they will compare base 992 manual to the V6 FE at some point (I'm sure they will). It would be interesting.
The PDK version would destroy the Emira Auto version tho I imagine, PDK really is the pinnacle of auto boxes.
Let's be honest the Emira will be this years Toyota GR Yaris so will be hot 🔥 for magazine testers and social media influences to be testing against all manner of metal less and more expensive!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hopefully they will compare base 992 manual to the V6 FE at some point (I'm sure they will). It would be interesting.
The PDK version would destroy the Emira Auto version tho I imagine, PDK really is the pinnacle of auto boxes.
Let's be honest the Emira will be this years Toyota GR Yaris so will be hot 🔥 for magazine testers and social media influences to be testing against all manner of metal less and more expensive!
And equally the road testing on the streets where the kids with the go faster exhausts on their Corsa's and Fiesta ST's will want to show to their 16 year old girlfriend how fast their cars are to a "supercar" :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
And equally the road testing on the streets where the kids with the go faster exhausts on their Corsa's and Fiesta ST's will want to show to their 16 year old girlfriend how fast their cars are to a "supercar" :)
Probably not much in it nowadays tbh! 🤣

r1lee

Reaction score
I've been very close as of late to just say F it and cancel my emira deposit and get a base 911 with a few options for the lady.