430 and 7k

LotusRising

Reaction score
Some thing that seems to bring up quite a bit of grumbling in these spaces is the fact that Lotus chose to lower the horsepower and redline figures. It looks like the figures achieved in the Evora 430 were obtained by recalibrated ignition, fuel and camshaft mapping. My question is were the Evora 430s having trouble with engine issues when cranked to these specifications or is this just a detuned power unit to sell higher powered versions later when the initial launch furor is over?

The V6 is capable of higher powers than the 400hp in the Emira. The issue is (mainly) meeting emissions regulations. Only 50 Evora GT430 were built, so diffferent rules applied.

Aftermarket options exist to take the 400hp V6 in the Evora to 435, 450, 475 and 500 depending on your budget, so I expect we’ll see similar options for the Emira. Lotus may do an Emira GT with 430/450hp in a year or two.

I thought that more or less the torque curve remained the same, just an extension of rpm limit.

It wouldn't take much , 400bhp same torque at 6000rpm , gives 430bhp at 6500

I thought that more or less the torque curve remained the same, just an extension of rpm limit.

It wouldn't take much , 400bhp same torque at 6000rpm , gives 430bhp at 6500
Yeah, the extra power would be at the top of the rpm range; the difference between 6,800 and 7,200. If you spend a lot of time up in that area, it would make an appreciable difference. Unless the tune changes the torque curve too, the car wouldn't feel any different at normal speeds until you redline it.

The V6 is capable of higher powers than the 400hp in the Emira. The issue is (mainly) meeting emissions regulations. Only 50 Evora GT430 were built, so diffferent rules applied.

Aftermarket options exist to take the 400hp V6 in the Evora to 435, 450, 475 and 500 depending on your budget, so I expect we’ll see similar options for the Emira. Lotus may do an Emira GT with 430/450hp in a year or two.

In your opinion just as a guess, how many Emira GTs would they make and how many would come to the USA? Based on your knowledge of past Lotus offerings.

It seems like the an Emira GT would just be a dialed back Emira GT4 such as without the roll cage.

I can see it going in several directions. Lotus know there's demand for a GT variant, so I think it's unlikely they'll do a 50 or 100 car limited run. If it's done as a final swan song for the V6 before it's killed off, then maybe 3 months of production and perhaps 500 cars of a GT450?

If EU7 gets delayed or watered down, then I think they might do a slightly hotter version as a GT410 or GT430 in about two years time. They'll have Eletre production to offset the emissions by then. But if the i4 sales take off and the V6 turns out to be just an initial peak of stick enthusiasts then they'll want to go forward with a more powerful i4 tune, so will retire the V6 anyway.

Be that as it may, in ten or twenty years the V6 will be a classic variant, more valued in the market than the i4. Especially with the manual trans... Am I right? ;)
No, no no, the Auto V6 will be the more valuable, because we might not see many!!

Just defending my deposit, lol